• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

How do you find the serial number? Do you go on apple support?

Yeah, I went on the support site and clicked on options that would've let me send my phone in for repairs.

Try typing in your billing phone number in that reference # field and see if it spits something out. That's what I'm using to get my tracking data atm.

That worked for me, looks like my phone is in Alaska and will be here on Friday.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
You use your phone number, not the serial number, for reference tracking on UPS.

I believe either works if you have them.

RedSwirl

I can't find a list laying out what iOS8 features are compatible with what devices.

If I'm not mistaken, the 4s is the only model that will be missing functions, and Metal will only work with the iPhone 6 right?

MegaBusta

This is my first time trying to buy an iphone near launch so bear with me. I've been in the Android camp for 2 years with my Note 2 and decided to come back to apple. I wasn't able to upgrade my line until today.

I'm going to be getting the 6+ 64GB Silver. I don't have the option to wait in line at an apple store/att store on friday so I'm going to be preordering today and waiting it out. On apple's website the expected delivery is 3-4 weeks. Is this a somewhat accurate estimate?

Varion

Huh, just refreshed my order page on the UK Apple site and it's suddenly gone from preparing for dispatch to dispatched on the 13th, delivering on Friday.

So...there we go.

Keylime

My serial number didn't work, just my billing phone number. *shrug*

Hmm...looks like you're right. My 6+ just showed up on my support page and the serial doesn't work.

Apologies!

Addnan

UK Apple store dispatched!

WECvokU.png

OR1ERtX.png

crazy! So i cancelled my Apple iPhone preorder to try my luck at a entail store. My ATT upgrade eligibility is not updating on the ATT website. They can't override their system and have to wait till monday because they opened up a case about for further review. What nonsense is this? Now I won't be able t purchase the phone on release date. May have to switch carriers now because of this incompetence in part of ATT.

Yes, my 6 has changed from "preparing" to dispatched from the Apple Store too!
Now I just need to get my hands on a tempered glass screen protector between now and Friday.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just checked and mine's been dispatched too (UK). Shame I won't be back in the country on Friday to receive it... Getting it sent to work so will pick it up and start using it Monday morning. Going to be a long weekend, but could be worse!

MedIC86

I'll probarly be getting the iphone 6 plus at the end of october, is it reasonable to expect most big apps to be updated by then?

Keylime

I'll probarly be getting the iphone 6 plus at the end of october, is it reasonable to expect most big apps to be updated by then?

To fix any scaling/resolution issues, I'd say definitely.

To add in any new features of iOS8, probably not.

nikos

My in store pick up order for the 19th is still processing, but they put a pending charge on my card on Sunday. Not sure what is going on with that.

Pretty sure orders for in-store pickup will say processing until it's time to pick it up. I don't expect mine to change until after I've picked it up Friday morning.

Keylime

Really? You do realize how long it took to update apps from 3:2 iOS 5 to 16:9 iOS 6 right?

I'm thinking the tentpole applications:

- Facebook
- Twitter
- Instagram
- Snapchat

...stuff like that.

But this rev of screens/resolutions is all still 16:9, so no full-on redesign is required to support it. Should be much faster.

There will always be stragglers, but some apps may not even need an update to look good.

Pretty sure orders for in-store pickup will say processing until it's time to pick it up. I don't expect mine to change until after I've picked it up Friday morning.

I figured as much, but I know sometimes for normal items (never preordered anything for in store before) it will change to shipped to store.

yodandy

I am on Sprint and I hate it. Since T-Mobile pays early termination fees, I walked into my local T-Mobile store in Chicago and asked if they'd have 64 gig iPhone 6's (non +) and they said yup. Did some preliminary account stuff and they said to walk in Friday to get one.

Woot!

Keylime

How do you install Swiftkey? I have the app, but I don't see anything for 3rd Party Keyboards under General > Keyboards.

Bowser

So after all my attempts to order at 3:00am ET and not being able to upgrade through online due to having a business account, turns out my order shipped and I'll have it day 1. Ordered over the phone through AT&T around 11:00am ET on Friday lol (iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray).

Top Bottom