• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

My Verizon order status changed to COMPLETED with a 9/19 ship date (iPhone6 64GB Space Gray). I am breathing easier now. I actually chatted with the Verizon rep about that strange cancellation text I received on Saturday and he could offer no explanations either but assured me my order was fine and tracking information would appear tomorrow. Case will be here tomorrow so all will be ready.

Thanks, that's what I figured. Was wondering if it was worth going over to the AT&T store.

That's where I got my phone last year and all they had was Speck and Otterbox. Then went to Apple and the choices were much better. Having a friend camping out grab me one, don't wanna go anywhere near an Apple Store this weekend.

Xcellere

The exterior design is great but what about the interior protection on it? How will the interior part absorb impacts?

The interior will be fine in case of an impact. I've dropped mine several times and the interior is pristine. There's no space for phone to move within the case, so if it's dropped, the phone doesn't rub against the case because of the shock.

Xamdou

The interior will be fine in case of an impact. I've dropped mine several times and the interior is pristine. There's no space for phone to move within the case, so if it's dropped, the phone doesn't rub against the case because of the shock.

Awesome! I went for the all gold one... how long did it take to ship with expedited shipping?

jcm

I hope the experience of being a T Mobile customer is better than the experience of switching to them and preordering phones. This has been a frustrating, opaque process. No preorders available at the beginning of the launch, busted website, busted one ordering, no indication if I'm getting my phone at launch, no info at all. Just "Order status: Order Placed". Oh, and a notice on the website that their Jump customers would be moving to the front of the line. Gee thanks. Glad I stayed up until 3am and then paid $12 for overnight shipping.

Sobriquet

How'd you figure out it left Nashville? It's still telling me only a label has been created.

I went to the tracking page on the UPS site, selected "Track by reference" and entered my billing phone number, country, and zip code.

I'm surprised mine's coming from Nashville actually. I'm in Las Vegas so I figured it would come from LA.

sadromeo

SO excited for Friday!

I have never used a case with any of the iPhones I have had, so should it be any different with the 6+?

Also, is it worth waiting in line early Friday to pick my up my pre-order or just try to ditch the crowds and go much later?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No. Wifi calling is iOS 8, I'm talking about this!

27:03 mark to 27:26 mark

This would be huge for me. This is exclusive to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+

I wonder if this "seamless hand off from Wi-Fi to 4G" thing will work with data stuff like Maps, too.

My Xperia Z1s is a piece of dogshit in this regard. Sometimes it takes multiple minutes for the 4G radio to turn on after a Wi-Fi connection is lost. Seems like more often than not I have to manually turn off Wi-Fi to force the 4G radio to come on, and even that isn't a very quick process.

zychi

Banned
I don't know where else to go to ask this. Purchased an iPad air from Amazon used. Directly from Amazon. The iPad is account locked and can't be activated without the previous owner's email and password. I can't contact the email address because Apple stuipdly turns the email into ********., how do I fix this?

I don't know where else to go to ask this. Purchased an iPad air from Amazon used. Directly from Amazon. The iPad is account locked and can't be activated without the previous owner's email and password. I can't contact the email address because Apple stuipdly turns the email into ********., how do I fix this?

you bought it new from amazon? they sold you a used product

BearPawB

Banned

you can buy used products directly from amazon? isn't all used stuff just third party sellers?

Hatty

K8VH3zv.png

this is what the phone I ordered has been doing
the problem is I don't even live near Jersey I live in Texas
is this normal?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking T-Mobile...

I pre-order with them, order gets put on "back order" status, so I cancelled it, but today an email shows up that says, "Great news — you should receive your device on Friday." I check my order status on their website and it shows up as cancelled as it should.

Now I have to give them a call to make sure they don't ship me a damn phone. Hate getting jerked around like this.

ZeroX03

Banned

Just lodge a complaint with Amazon from your order section?

zychi

Banned
Just lodge a complaint with Amazon from your order section?

They told me I would have to eat the price of shipping and be docked a restocking fee. So they told me to contact Apple. Apple tells me to contact Amazon.

Apple's security system can be hacked by googling a few security questions, but the idiots who decided re-selling Apple devices is bad, can't figure out that putting ********** as the previous owner's e-mail is idiotic.

They told me I would have to eat the price of shipping and be docked a restocking fee. So they told me to contact Apple. Apple tells me to contact Amazon.

Apple's security system can be hacked by googling a few security questions, but the idiots who decided re-selling Apple devices is bad, can't figure out that putting ********** as the previous owner's e-mail is idiotic.

The rep you spoke to is wrong. Call Amazon again.

knitoe

Shipping Date: 10/02/14 - 10/13/14*

Wt... seriously AT&T? Anyone else seeing this from AT&T?

Both of my 128GB 6+ from ATT are showing those dates and I even ordered before the official start time. Sucks hearing people whom ordered after me with the same dates or later already having their tracking number.

Sobriquet

Bullshit. Keep trying.

Ovid

Fucking T-Mobile...

I pre-order with them, order gets put on "back order" status, so I cancelled it, but today an email shows up that says, "Great news — you should receive your device on Friday." I check my order status on their website and it shows up as cancelled as it should.

Now I have to give them a call to make sure they don't ship me a damn phone. Hate getting jerked around like this.
Why did you cancel? Did you not see their tweets about what "back ordered" means?

https://twitter.com/TMobile/status/512022189915127808

I preordered at 10am PST on 9/12. I just got a text message and email from TMO saying that I should be receiving mine between 9/22 and 9/30 (basically next week). Mine said back ordered as well.

I got my ups tracking # from sprint today, so excite! Can't wait for Friday. My spigen nephew hybrid is ready and waiting. Going to Disneyland next week and am so stoked to take a bunch of pictures and videos while there.

ZeroX03

Banned

That's bullshit. Call them up, tell them you spoke to Apple, don't hang up until they pay for shipping. They sold you a broken product, it's not a return.

muteki

So my Spigen Neo Hybrid came in the mail with the edges crushed. Pretty bummed as it looks great otherwise. The back is TPU but the outer edges and buttons are plastic, and the material around the lightning port and silence switch are just too thin apparently. Packaging is just not good enough it seems.

Back to Amazon it goes, and I am looking around for a case again...

Also, and this was for a 6+...this phone is so big compared to my 5. Really big.

partime

Anyone have a spare iPhone to sell now?
Let me know, I'll pay higher than trading it in!

My 5 got stolen and my contacts not up until next feb.

Please PM!

I ordered my gold 64MB iPhone 6 at 3am on Saturday (not Friday) directly from T-Mobile, at the time it told me my expected ship date was October 1. But I just got this:

"Thank you for your iPhone 6 pre-order. Great news — you should receive your device on Friday. We will send another notification once your device ships, which will include tracking information. We are extremely excited about the iPhone 6, and wanted to make sure you are up-to-date on the status of your order."

Yay! Hopefully there's no problems delivering it to my PO Box...

Fucking T-Mobile...

T-Mobile has a policy where you can't cancel preorders, all you can do is return it once it has shipped. So I'm not sure what you did to cancel it.

Jobiensis

I really think you are blaming the wrong party here. Amazon fucked up by sending you a locked device.

Top Bottom