• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

ColdMilk

Got my screen protector and cheap Monoprice cases ready to go. (Already got the clear UAG case on pre-order)

HeBV5X7l.jpg

Jobiensis

If I buy a used TV from a guy on Craigslist and get no information from him, and the board in the tv starts to act up a week later, do I contact Craigslist? No, I contact the company that made the tv or a repairman.

Guess what, you can't repair the lock on an iPad, with a repairman because Apple locked any other way to do it. Only Apple can fix it.

When I mail this back to Amazon, guess who they're going to contact to fix it? Not the guy who traded it in. They're going to contact Apple.

I don't really know how to explain your unwillingness to talk to Amazon about selling a broken product.

You did buy this iPad right?

Dominator

So I have to go to the world's smallest Apple Store in jersey to try my hand at getting an unlocked phone. Fun times.
Menlo Park Mall? Lol

Also now that people are getting confirms for shipping and such, I'm just sitting here without even a charge from Verizon and a delivery date for October 7th.

george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif

the selling price for the iPhone 6 is slowly declining.. the iPhone 6 16GB was listed on Amazon at $1,100 - $1,400 and right now its currently at $815. how much longer will it take for the pricing to closely match retail?

knicks

the selling price for the iPhone 6 is slowly declining.. the iPhone 6 16GB was listed on Amazon at $1,100 - $1,400 and right now its currently at $815. how much longer will it take for the pricing to closely match retail?

It is literally asinine how stupid and impatient people are. This isn't anywhere remotely close to the original Nintendo DS launch or PS3/Wii fiasco.

It is a fucking iPhone, they produce hundreds of thousands and ship them daily. Everyone that wants an iPhone will be eligible to buy one at any store within a month.

The fact that people wait in line for days to purchase ordinary iPhone 6 64GB devices is beyond pathetic and evident why there are so many morons in this world. If you stayed up to pre-order that model online you are almost guaranteed one Friday or the following week.

I guarantee the iPhone 6 Plus orders that say November are faulty. They just don't want to look like asshats giving you false hope any earlier, but you know it will be. It's not a game console.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Has anyone who got a October 1st-6th date from Apple.com been upgraded to release day?

just checked and nada. People on the macrumors forum have said that they have been able to call in and swindle apple out of a free silicon or leather case because of this, while I feel bad I do need a case lol.

128 - 6 or 64 - 6+ --- I'm down to these two configurations. I just can't decide...

do you need space? I have a lotta music so i opted for the 128gb. I have that on my ipad and I simply cannot go back, the flexibility is great.

Anyone who is being told you'll get 19th delivery but haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, I wouldn't worry. They tend to wait until the last minute to ship these things because they don't want devices arriving early. And when UPS wants/needs to be fast, they can be really damn fast. Overnight shipping is a hell of a thing when you think about the logistics of it.

Hattori

Banned
This is pretty much what I'm struggling with ---

the 6+ because:
- Full HD screen
- better camera
- larger screen for Manga/Comics/Websurfing
- better battery

the 6 because:
- would fit my pocket more comfortably
- would be more manageable for Apple Pay (less cumbersome)
- cheaper (I can get a maxed out configuration for the same price as 64 - 6+)
- and with that I can get more music and games without deleting stuff
- I can get earlier since I'm LTTP

Still no shipping info for Verizon, even though they said delivery by 9/19. With free overnight delivery, I guess they dont have to send them out until tomorrow?

Xamdou

the 6+ because:
- Full HD screen
- better camera
- better battery

the 6 because:

For me:

I can pair my Ipad Air with the 6. The 6 is more portable, fits well in my pocket, less weird looking when putting it next to your ear when making a call.

For the 6+ I won't need an Ipad Air anymore and sell it, can go for the 128GB config and go all out, 1080p screen, better battery/camera.

So for Friday's launch I will go for the Golden 128GB 6+ or 6, whichever they have available.

So tempted to pick up an iPhone 6 since I'm pretty into the Apple ecosystem as it is (Two Macbooks Pros, an iPad 2, and an iPad Air), but I hate that it feels like the iPhone 6 is intentionally gimped to its big brother so it has me going back and forth between the two. However, 4.7 inches is literally the sweet spot for a phone size when it comes to one-handed usage for me (kind of miss that since I had it with my Galaxy S2), but I don't know if I'll miss the larger screen that I'm used to with my Note 3. Ugh.

Hattori

Banned
For me:

I can pair my Ipad Air with the 6. The 6 is more portable, fits well in my pocket, less weird looking when putting it next to your ear when making a call.

For the 6+ I won't need an Ipad Air anymore and sell it, can go for the 128GB config and go all out, 1080p screen, better battery/camera.

So for Friday's launch I will go for the Golden 128GB 6+ or 6, whichever they have available.
Knowing me, I'll probably end up doing the same thing.

Anyone on O2 in the UK had any sort of notification of shipment, or anything?! My order still shows as In Progress and bugger all else.

I didn't managed to get my pre-order in until about 2:30pm on the Friday due to the O2 website shitting itself.

Tumo

Anyone on O2 in the UK had any sort of notification of shipment, or anything?! My order still shows as In Progress and bugger all else.

I didn't managed to get my pre-order in until about 2:30pm on the Friday due to the O2 website shitting itself.

I ordered around the same time as you and haven't heard anything either.

They aren't starting shipping pre-orders until the 19th (no release day delivery for any online orders apparently). If you're in the first batch you'll hear tomorrow. They will update the order progress and email you when it's dispatched. Until then it will stay as "in progress".

I ordered around the same time as you and haven't heard anything either.

They aren't starting shipping pre-orders until the 19th (no release day delivery for any online orders apparently). If you're in the first batch you'll hear tomorrow. They will update the order progress and email you when it's dispatched. Until then it will stay as "in progress".

That's a bit rubbish but what can you do, ta for the info. I'm sure I remember them getting my 5 to me on release date though? Must simply be the demand I guess.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'll be finding out the status of my iPhone in around 3 hours. I'm starting to feel the excitement/pressure/dread that the rest of you have been going through!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior

the 6+ because:
- Full HD screen
- better camera
- better battery

the 6 because:

For me:

These are literally the same problems I am having. As I suspect many other people too.

6 is smaller, but still bigger. It doesn't have all the same features as the Plus but it would be much easier to use. The Plus would be a replacement for an iPad mini for me and would be my one omni-device for everything mobile. It would complement my high end rMBP very well. But I'd have to carry it all the time and get used to rarely using it single handedly. Would I want to use it in landscape mode? Because if not, then what's the point since all the big extras are in that. Otherwise it's just another bigger iPhone with more space on screen than the normal 6 which is just a bigger 5.

Such conflict. But I'll be able to make a better decision in a few months when I've seen one in person, gotten to play with it, and have seen what they're going to offer on the new iPad mini front.

If I get a Plus, it'll be a single device to replace both and would be sooner rather than later.

If I just get a 6, it'll be sometime next year well after I've gotten a new iPad mini since my 5C works brilliantly right now and doesn't really need to be replaced at all.

I assume when these start becoming more common, you can find them at Best Buy, right? Or maybe Radio Shack. I just want to be able to hold and feel it and play with it a bit, but not make them think I am a potential sale. (Since the salesmen would probably think I'm there to buy a contract. I'm just looking to prepare myself for a later online purchase that won't have anything to do with your store. Sorry, guys! Didn't mean to get your hopes up. No sale for you today.)

BowieZ

Banned
Does anyone know if getting behind on paying the phone bill a few times in the past 2 years would seriously affect my credit rating or whatever that much that they wouldn't reissue me into a new contract?

Because a few times I completely forgot about my bill (as it's emailed and gets dumped behind a million other spam emails), but then the next one comes with the two bills in one with an overdue fee.

I'm scared.

EDIT: This quote/advice is quite helpful... but I think because I've sort of unintentionally skipped monthly bills about 3 or 4 times in the last 24 months, and don't have much other healthy credit stuff happening... I think I'm more likely than not to be declined :(

Of course, you may be charged a late fee and there is a chance that your interest rate on that account may go up. That will hit you in your wallet, but won’t show up on your credit report.
Even it if is reported, one late payment in a long, positive credit history usually won’t have a substantial impact on your ability to get credit.
Lenders, and the credit scoring systems they use, look for patterns of behavior over time. Accidents happen. One missed payment may cause a significant change in your credit scores in the first month or two, but the scores will likely bounce right back up if you bring the account current and are not late again.
That is because the missed payment initially represents greater risk because it is not clear whether it is a one-time mistake or the start of lasting credit problems. When the account is immediately caught back up and the on-time payment pattern returns, it quickly becomes clear that it was just a blip and not an indication of lasting problems.

the 6+ because:
- Full HD screen
- better camera
- better battery

the 6 because:

Yeah, the comics stuff is why I went with the 6+. I saw someone reading Manga on the subway using a Note and it seemed to work out great. If it wasn't for that I would have gone for the 6.

Ambient80

Is it possible to cancel an AT&T preorder? I may go camp outside the closest Apple store to try and get what I want.

If I do, is anyone going to the Louisville, KY Apple Store? We could have a mini GAF meet up and revel in our geekiness. :D

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
UPS and Apple coordinated to assault all communication channels to ensure I knew my phone shipped and is arriving tomorrow.

...and I liked it. Fuck yeah!

SuperPac

UPS and Apple coordinated to assault all communication channels to ensure I knew my phone shipped and is arriving tomorrow.

...and I liked it. Fuck yeah!

Woo-hoo! Same here brutha. *high five* Now I just gotta figure out how to also get my hands on a 6 Plus for work and all will be right with the world.

So iPhone 6 + has a UPS shipping from Sprint. Says I'll get it Friday. Holy hell I'm excited.
Well I'll be damned. Sounds good that you got your phone shipped, I'm still patiently waiting.

In fact, I actually need to go to the Apple Store this weekend to get an iPhone 5 replaced, so if they happen to have stock for the iPhone 6 Plus I'm looking for, I'll just get it right then and there and cancel my online order.

ZeroX03

Banned
iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Silver
Standard delivery 3 to 5 business days from 26 Sep 2014
Total $0.00

HOORAH!

They said they'll give me an email/call to completely confirm it, and also said that they will try and ship out early so it arrives on the 26th if possible.

Was so tempted to grab gold instead

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
My wife had the nerve to accidently suggest today was Wednesday. I was losing it for a moment considering she may be right...only to quickly chastise her for the error and almost ruining my day.

Smidget

Never got a screen protector but debating it after looking at my 4S in the light and seeing all these little micro scratches.

Any certain brand/type on Amazon recommended?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
My UPS is still showing this:

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated."

The arrival date still shows tomorrow, though. Hopefully things will start updating today.

Top Bottom