• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

-griffy-

Banned
Yeah it's essentially doing 24 photos a second w/ audio.

The development of the app probably wasn't expensive (he did have some industry professionals beta testing and advising him though), but it's more that you can't get a device that shoots quality 4K footage for that sort of price. Most bodies alone would cost more than a grand, and then you need lenses, batteries, storage, etc. He's offering decent-ish 4K at what's technically a low price.
Panasonic just announced the LX100 which is essentially a Panasonic GH4 in a smaller body with a built in lens (that's a Leica f1.7-2.8!) It shoots 4k at 24/30p, 1080 at 60, etc. Expected price $800-900.

This app is dead because of the price. It's a neat idea, but the form factor of the phone for professional video shooting means it's nothing more than a novelty, and a novelty is wildly overpriced at $1000.

Bacon

My order status on verizon wireless.com still says preorder received but no delivery date yet. I'll take my chances on apples website next time. Don't know why I bothered to order from Verizon in the first place.

This is what i'm getting. I preordered fairly late though so it's probably on me.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So guys, when I get my 6 and restore from backup, will I need iOS 8 on my 4S for that backup to be compatible?

Dany

Banned
I'm not going to restore from a backup. I have screenshots of my homescreen so i know what add. and everything is on the cloud so all my content, emails, contacts, saves will be available.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Repost for the new page..

So does anyone know if the phone comes with a new sim card if ordered from AT&T? I'm still using the same one from my iPhone 4S. Don't think it has LTE capabilities..

MCasey

Ordered a 6-64gb from Apple. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I work at UPS so maybe I'll try to find it - I'll check its progress to see if it gets scanned during my shift.
I'm not sure what case to get though. I never had a case for my iPhone 5, but the I feel like the iPhone 6 is a bit more delicate and slippery.

Any recommendations for slim fitting case?

Repost for the new page..

So does anyone know if the phone comes with a new sim card if ordered from AT&T? I'm still using the same one from my iPhone 4S. Don't think it has LTE capabilities..

here is a quote from Gruber, dont know if this helps

Last week after the announcement event, Apple provided me with review units of both iPhones 6 (a white/gold regular 6 and a white/silver 6 Plus, both running on Verizon, which allowed me to pop my personal SIM card into both phones for testing)

Addnan

It's happening.

nkudDcU.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Panasonic just announced the LX100 which is essentially a Panasonic GH4 in a smaller body with a built in lens (that's a Leica f1.7-2.8!) It shoots 4k at 24/30p, 1080 at 60, etc. Expected price $800-900.

Damn, that's a nice little machine, but reading some reviews boy does it sound like they've gone cheap in some areas (no movable LCD, no touchscreen, USB2.0, etc). I really want something to do effective 4K with and it sounds like they've sacrificed a little too much to get there. Will be great to see what 2015 brings though. I just want good 4K on a phone as a nice little secondary/coverage option.

Vyer

So guys, when I get my 6 and restore from backup, will I need iOS 8 on my 4S for that backup to be compatible?

Nope

I'm not going to restore from a backup. I have screenshots of my homescreen so i know what add. and everything is on the cloud so all my content, emails, contacts, saves will be available.

I tend to just start fresh with every new phone too. My contacts carry over no matter what, and most of my photos/videos are backed up anyway, both manually and through a couple of cloud services.

ijm72

Nope

I tend to just start fresh with every new phone too. My contacts carry over no matter what, and most of my photos/videos are backed up anyway, both manually and through a couple of cloud services.
What about messages can those be restored too? I was thinking of setting up as a new phone but don't want to lose my messages.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
11 hours until I go to sleep and end this shitty non-iPhone having day!

hiryu2015

my phone shipped! just one more day of having to constantly charge my iphone4, which would drain after 20-30 minutes of moderate use haha. Any increase in battery life beyond that would be a welcome improvement.

nynt9

Me and my SO's 6+ and 6 are scheduled for delivery on time tomorrow! Hype. We're going to go to the Apple Store to pick cases in person together afterwards.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
apparently my order which originally said "ships in 7-10 days" is now preparing for shipment, aw snap. I wonder if they will ship it today and I have it tomorrow :O:O:O:O:O:O:O:

Still no confirmation of my order or any delivery information from Carphone Warehouse despite ordering on Friday morning. Any UK guys heard anything, or got any further information following the initial confirmation email

Xcellere

After getting my 6's case in my hands, I can't imagine how big the 6 Plus must be. The 6 pushes the limits of what I'd find comfortable to hold.

You 6 Plus folk must have gigantic hands.

123rl

Still no confirmation of my order or any delivery information from Carphone Warehouse despite ordering on Friday morning. Any UK guys heard anything, or got any further information following the initial confirmation email

The UK launch has been a bit of a joke so far. Every network has launched with ridiculously inflated tariffs and CPW are just as bad. It seems like Apple are the only one who didn't fuck it up

MercuryLS

Banned
After getting my 6's case in my hands, I can't imagine how big the 6 Plus must be. The 6 pushes the limits of what I'd find comfortable to hold.

I imagine the people getting the 6 Plus are using it mostly as a two-handed tablet and barely as a phone. When you look at it that way, it would be great for reading, gaming, video watching, etc.

It's not for me, but I could see why some would like it.

I imagine the people getting the 6 Plus are using it mostly as a two-handed tablet and barely as a phone. When you look at it that way, it would be great for reading, gaming, video watching, etc.

It's not for me, but I could see why some would like it.

Yep. I won't have a need to get an iPad with the 6 Plus.

Vyer

What about messages can those be restored too? I was thinking of setting up as a new phone but don't want to lose my messages.

No, if you do a set up as a new phone I don't believe your messages carry over. There may be other ways to back up messages (through some third party app or jailbreaking for example) but in general any time I've done it I am starting clean.

BFIB

apparently my order which originally said "ships in 7-10 days" is now preparing for shipment, aw snap. I wonder if they will ship it today and I have it tomorrow :O:O:O:O:O:O:O:

The last iPhone I had was the 4S, but during the entire pre-order process I never received an email for an update. An expected delivery date was about 2 weeks after the launch.

UPS delievered my phone on release day, completely unexpected. Two days later, my status update changed. So odds are, even for those who are looking at expected delivery dates a few weeks out, might get lucky tomorrow.

Corgi

Banned
I thought about this as well, even with the 4.7" 6, but Apple could announce some exclusive iPad features that will lure us back in.
I wish. Seems like they rather have less features. There still is no weather or calculator app built into the OS for no reason. Still feel like I'm using an iPhone OS on my iPad.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
GAF, I ordered mine from Verizon on the 15th...am I screwed? I'm going to have to wait until October for this shit, aren't I?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member

I can palm a basketball if that means anything.

Top Bottom