• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

yodandy

If I do a local backup with ios7 now, then go to import that backup into my iPhone 6 tmr, will it work?

Or do I have to get ios8, then backup, to be able to put my local backup into my iPhone 6 tmr?

HUELEN10

Apple cases?
I have been to a gorillion of locations, but I've seen absolutely no Apple cases. A friend that works at Walmart says they MIGHT get some for friday, but take that with a grain of salt.

Best Buy had no SKUs or stock for any Apple cases, I asked. Perhaps call your local one today?
If I do a local backup with ios7 now, then go to import that backup into my iPhone 6 tmr, will it work?

Or do I have to get ios8, then backup, to be able to put my local backup into my iPhone 6 tmr?
It will work just fine.

Giggzy

Man....I am tempted to go back to iPhone. Downloaded iOS 8 on my iPad, really like the changes.

But I really enjoy my HTC One M8. Only had it 5 months, but that T-Mobile JUMP! upgrade is just staring me in the face. The camera is whats really standing out at me too.

I had the exact same scenario as yourself....

I ordered the iPhone 6 64GB in silver on the way to work this morning :)

Jomjom

Banned
T-Mobile is confusing me right now. I still don't have a tracking number, but they texted me to tell me that they're shipping it overnight.

At least you got that. I paid for overnight shipping and preordered it in store the first day, but all I get are texts telling me crap like welcome to Jump!

Their site is horrible. How is it that I still can't check order status when the phone releases tomorrow?!?!?!

HUELEN10

thx. wasnt sure if OS version mattered.
It doesn't if it's just one step up at least. Now, what you WILL see different is the homescreen layout, as there are new default apps. To prepare for this, why not make some webclips to act as placeholders so you can keep/remember your arrangement.

Giggzy

Are you on JUMP! ? How does that work if you order online, or did you do it in store?

I'm not on JUMP!. I did it over the phone. I paid off my EIP on the M8 (which I'll now sell to cancel that payment out), and then placed the order for the iPhone.

You might need to go into the store, as I think with JUMP, you need to trade in your old phone for the new one.

jcm

I've sent myself like 6 test email messages today to make sure my gmail isn't down. It's working fine, but I've haven't gotten anything from tmo or ups mychoice. :(

BSsBrolly

Banned
Never had a speck case before but my girlfriend highly recommends them, I ordered a white and gray candy shell. $35 is more then I've ever spent on a case but damn, its beautiful.

Christopher

!
7F1QCSk.png

All I have left to get is a screen protector, so hype! Probably going to bed in a matter of hours, but don't know if I can sleep!

My iPhone journey?

iPhone->iPhone4->iPhone 5->iPhone 6

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege sharing this hype train with you.

People still buy those...?

suaveric

I have an order with att. The website still says pending, my credit card hasn't been charged and I never got an email with a tracking number even though I always had a 9/19 date. After reading the macrumors forums I decided to try the att app. Low and behold, the app send it was shipped and had a tracking number that seems legit.

So for anyone with att you may want to download the app and check your order status through that.

I fucked up and had my 6 shipped to my parents house and nobody is going to be home tomorrow to sign. I was able to call UPS and they will be holding it at their facility for me. It appears if they get it in tonight I might be able to pick it up early since they close at 8:30PM. I'm not holding my breath though it would be nice to get it a little bit earlier.

I have an order with att. The website still says pending, my credit card hasn't been charged and I never got an email with a tracking number even though I always had a 9/19 date. After reading the macrumors forums I decided to try the att app. Low and behold, the app send it was shipped and had a tracking number that seems legit.

So for anyone with att you may want to download the app and check your order status through that.

I also ordered through AT&T and got my email with a tracking number early this morning.

BFIB

I'm not on JUMP!. I did it over the phone. I paid off my EIP on the M8 (which I'll now sell to cancel that payment out), and then placed the order for the iPhone.

You might need to go into the store, as I think with JUMP, you need to trade in your old phone for the new one.

Ah, ok, thanks. Yep, I'm on the old JUMP! program, so I get 2 jumps a year, EIP is wiped out. I traded in my HTC One M7 to the M8, so I still have one JUMP! left before my calendar cycle is done (next April).

With a 4 month old at home, I'm taking more pictures now more than ever. And the photos look fine on my phone, but man, they look like shit when I view them on anything else. Never really noticed the camera lacking until now.

Ovid

Everyone who chastises the 6 for having the plastic bands because they look "out of place" or "unsightly" and then heralds the iphone 4 and 4s for its design kind of confuses me. The 4 and 4s had plastic bands running all the way around the front and the back of the phone, but nobody complained about it then. The 5/5s got rid of the plastic though (except for the 5c which kind of went in another direction :p).
8ywpnH1l.png
What? I don't see a plastic band on my 4S.

For me checking order status on the app just opens a browser to the ATT site inside the app. You even have to login a second time.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
If you're trying to get an iPhone 6 Plus tomorrow, you should be in line already, and it may already be too late anyways

We are told that stores have been receiving shipments all throughout the day, and out of all the new iPhone 6 models received, typically only about 2-3% are iPhone 6 Plus units, and in only one color.

There is “no chance” of finding an iPhone 6 Plus unit to purchase tomorrow, we were told. Sources also said there are no 16GB iPhone 6 Plus devices to be found.

Sobriquet

There was some dude on macrumors last night who claimed to be an Apple employee. He said stores would be lucky to get 20 Pluses total. The thread was deleted.

Does there seem to be a consensus on the 6+ battery life?

I recall reading something like two days comfortably with moderate use.

This guy got two days and still had some battery life left.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Does there seem to be a consensus on the 6+ battery life?

I recall reading something like two days comfortably with moderate use.

The Disneyland guy said he was using the 6+ pretty extensively for two days and still have 16% battery without charging it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Fucking Christ... not what I want to hear. I've got about five T-Mobile stores that I'm going to be calling this evening to ask about inventory. Hopefully they don't bullshit me.

I'm in for a 6 Plus in either Silver or Space Gray at 64GB/128GB. Plan on leaving the house at like 4 A.M. and lining up at one of the locations that will most likely have stock. Probably a shopping mall store.

I realize the 6 is more popular than previous releases, but doing this for the 4S and 5S in the past proved to not be an issue at all. Most people didn't even start arriving until an hour before the shops were to open.

Sobriquet

I realize the 6 is more popular than previous releases, but doing this for the 4S and 5S in the past proved to not be an issue at all. Most people didn't even start arriving until an hour before the shops were to open.

I think the S versions get less traffic. I remember the 4 had people lined up for weeks.

HUELEN10

Hard to apply, ruin the look and feel, and completely unnecessary. IMO
Only if you go cheap/aren't skilled.
The screen is the least susceptible part to scratches on the iPhone.
Least susceptible doesn't mean completely invulnerable. I've ended up selling my phones in mint condition for years just by using a case and a screen protector; sometimes, the people I sell to don't even believe it's is used since it looks so new!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think the S versions get less traffic. I remember the 4 had people lined up for weeks.

Damn.

I doubt I'll cave and settle for a 6, but I may if I end up lining up and not being able to get a Plus.

Really sucks how supply constrained they are.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

Least susceptible doesn't mean completely invulnerable. I've ended up selling my phones in mint condition for years just by using a case and a screen protector; sometimes, the people I sell to don't even believe it's is used since it looks so new!

If i sold my three year old 4S right now, people would think it looks new, and it's had no protector the whole time.

I don't want to say a protector is a placebo, because it does offer some protection, but I think protector-users underestimate the invulnerability of modern screens.

nikos

That's definitely the upside to using a case. Keeping it mint to get top dollar.

Is it normal to be "preparing to ship" if you have a 10/1-10/6 ("7-10 business days") delivery date from Apple? This is my 4th iPhone and the only time I haven't been in the "release day delivery" batch (through no fault of my own, grumble, not bitter, etc). I was planning to go wait on line tomorrow morning for a shot thinking I could cancel this one but now the cancellation option's gone...

Well shit :( Apple apparently didn't like how my billing address was on my card (apartment number listed on second line), so it failed to authorize. I updated my billing now, but I wonder if it is too late :(

Does anyone think I still have a chance to have it shipped in this first batch? I still was an early preorder (3:25 a.m.).

I already got my screen protectors at home.

I've noticed that I've been slowly scratching my phones screens more and more as time goes on.

I wish I didn't need one but I'm too stupid to be without one.

Top Bottom