• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Chiggs

Gold Member
T-Mobile is confusing me right now. I still don't have a tracking number, but they texted me to tell me that they're shipping it overnight.

NekoFever

The UK launch has been a bit of a joke so far. Every network has launched with ridiculously inflated tariffs and CPW are just as bad. It seems like Apple are the only one who didn't fuck it up

That's kind of what they do.

SIM-only for life.

Verizon says my order has been shipped :3 Currently in PA, so hopefully I get it nice and early tomorrow :DDDDDD

Whoah, says I should get it today before 8:00PM. OMG pleaseeee....

Preordered off apple, tracking info got updated and now it's saying it will be delivered today (doubtful but there is hope)!!!!

Though really concerned as out street is closed for resurfacing, and if I know UPS they are going to screw me over and make we wait till Monday to pick it up. God I hate that company.

RedSwirl

So wait, with family sharing one person has to pay for everything? That sounds like bullshit. If true, it sounds like family sharing is really just a way for parents to manage their kids' accounts. What if adult family members just want to share each others' stuff but still pay for it on their own?

Cse

Banned
Are iPhone 6(+) display units set up inside Apple stores yet? I'd like to see these devices in person before ordering.

nikos

Damn it still says my order is processing but pick up date is still the 19th. Should I be worried?

I wouldn't worry. I have two orders and only got the email for one so far, though they do both say they're ready for pickup on the app (not sure about the website as I'm at work).

They should be rolling out soon.

Wow... Just received my pick up notice for my 6 at Best Buy and was told the primary account holder must be there to pick up the phone. I called customer service to see if I can go by myself since I'm an authorized user on my wife's account and was told no. The lady said FCC... Yadda, Yadda, Yadda....
I was also told Best Buy will open at 8am tomorrow due to the iphone launch and they aren't going to receive any 6+'d until October which means nobody will be able to trade the 6 for the 6+ within the 14 grace period.

;)
AwSI2Nv.png

HUELEN10

Just went to Sprint (lol), and they were unpacking their phone shipment! So many white boxes. Manager yelled at me and told me to stop looking; I told him to go suck a lemon.

Seriously, they have glass panes so you can see the back room, don't yell at me not to look!

Bgamer90

Banned
Just went to Sprint (lol), and they were unpacking their phone shipment! So many white boxes. Manager yelled at me and told me to stop looking; I told him to go suck a lemon.

Seriously, they have glass panes so you can see the back room, don't yell at me not to look!

Hahaha.

Wow... Just received my pick up notice for my 6 at Best Buy and was told the primary account holder must be there to pick up the phone. I called customer service to see if I can go by myself since I'm an authorized user on my wife's account and was told no. The lady said FCC... Yadda, Yadda, Yadda....
I was also told Best Buy will open at 8am tomorrow due to the iphone launch and they aren't going to receive any 6+'d until October which means nobody will be able to trade the 6 for the 6+ within the 14 grace period.
Well, right now Best Buy's entire computer system is down nationwide (according to my local store). Said they don't yet know if they'll be able to fulfill preorders tomorrow.

Everyone who chastises the 6 for having the plastic bands because they look "out of place" or "unsightly" and then heralds the iphone 4 and 4s for its design kind of confuses me. The 4 and 4s had plastic bands running all the way around the front and the back of the phone, but nobody complained about it then. The 5/5s got rid of the plastic though (except for the 5c which kind of went in another direction :p).
8ywpnH1l.png

HUELEN10

!
7F1QCSk.png

All I have left to get is a screen protector, so hype! Probably going to bed in a matter of hours, but don't know if I can sleep!

My iPhone journey?

iPhone->iPhone4->iPhone 5->iPhone 6

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege sharing this hype train with you.

MXRider

For those going to AT&T how eary are you getting there?

I want to get a space grey 64gb 6. I'm thinking I'll go around 10-11pm.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is the iPhone 6 supposed to have better performance than the iPad Air?

The Epic Zen Garden demo is a mess on iPad Air.

two issues here. A8 is 25% more powerful than A7 right off of the bat. Also GPU is a better GPU in A8 that has more Metal API features available which Zen Garden is using exclusively (Metal API that is)

So yeah.. Zen Garden is supposed to be "omfg" on iPhone 6... not really on anything else.

Sobriquet

Just got an e-mail from BofA saying "Apple Pay is on the way" :D

Prepare to enjoy a new way to pay with Apple Pay

Bank of America is proud to bring our customers a new way to pay that's simple and convenient with a quick touch of your finger.

Coming in October, Apple Pay will enable Bank of America customers with eligible debit and credit cards to pay for purchases on the go using their iPhone 6. Payments with Apple Pay will be accepted at over 200,000 stores and in select iPhone apps.

BFIB

Just got an e-mail from BofA saying "Apple Pay is on the way" :D

I work for BOA, and the company signed an agreement with Apple on a slew of different things. One of them is implementing iPads in Banking Centers that can handle all your banking needs and whatnot.

Iacobellis

Everyone who chastises the 6 for having the plastic bands because they look "out of place" or "unsightly" and then heralds the iphone 4 and 4s for its design kind of confuses me. The 4 and 4s had plastic bands running all the way around the front and the back of the phone, but nobody complained about it then. The 5/5s got rid of the plastic though (except for the 5c which kind of went in another direction :p).
8ywpnH1l.png

That wasn't for the antenna, it was simply a design thing. The antenna bands are the black notches on the aluminum band. Remember the bottom left one that caused Antennagate?

Ty4on

Ummm, holy shit at this app, Vizzywig 4K. Costs $1000. Hands-on here. Shoots 4K video at 24fps.

Unlike a lot of these video apps though, the footage looks damn good. Better than anything I've seen from a phone. I'd never pay $1000 for an app, but Jesus you could get me into the $50-100 range because I could think of places to use this professionally.

Funny. The iPhone sensor is 3264x2448 while 4k (16:9) happens to be 3840x2160.

BFIB

Man....I am tempted to go back to iPhone. Downloaded iOS 8 on my iPad, really like the changes.

But I really enjoy my HTC One M8. Only had it 5 months, but that T-Mobile JUMP! upgrade is just staring me in the face. The camera is whats really standing out at me too.

Anno

Will UPS allow my girlfriend to sign for the phone if I'm not home? First time not just having it delivered to my work address.

nikos

Has anyone received one early yet?

It usually happens.

I still remember receiving my iPhone 4 a day early in the mail, then lining up the next day at the Apple store to pick up my girlfriend's.

The guy who was first in line came out with his brand new iPhone 4, all excited, while taking a video of the crowd. Since I already had mine, I pulled it out and recorded him as well.

Wonder where his video ended up, and if he ever noticed. It was funny in the moment.

Top Bottom