• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

more like:

jay-pichardo.jpg

When and where was this taken?

Wiz

Did anyone who ordered a silicone iphone 6 case online choose pickup at store? It wont let me choose it but it says available for pickup on 9/19

I'm glad that Sprint hired Hans Moleman to make their iPhone 6+s. I'll be waiting for a while to get my phone while everyone else is having hot passionate intercourse because they got their phones.

Zeth

My only regret about going with black is that black is pretty much the only case color that works imo. White silicon might be ok. But I think I'll go with the leather. Hope they're decent cases.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Same situation as you, but T-Mobile stores will not be carrying 64/128 iPhones. They never have previously and won't start now. I've called various stores and also saw it posted somewhere in macrumors forum that the stores always get the base model and if you want higher up, have to do it through online ordering.

For what it's worth, I just dropped by the T-Mobile store in the mall nearby where I work and while the employee couldn't give me any kind of numbers, he said it should be safe to expect that they'll have 64GB iPhone Plus models tomorrow. No idea if he knew what he was talking about, of course.

jcm

Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't locate anything. Boooo.

T-Mobile, I love you, but you have some explaining to do on this one.

I just wish they would tell me something. This silence is bullshit.

Honestly, with all these carrier fuckups I keep hearing about, I doubt I will ever buy an iPhone from anything other than Apple at this point.

I always order direct from Apple, but I'm switching to Tmobile, and they won't pay the ETF unless I buy directly from them. Hopefully next time I'll be able to buy from Apple again.

mackattk

Would have been nice if they released the phone on a Wed/Thu so people who are getting it shipped will have an extra day for delivery before the weekend.

Jomjom

Banned
I know this launch is different than the previous ones but anyone with experience know how early you gotta line up at the Apple store on launch day to have a chance usually?

T-Mobile is fucking with me and I have no idea of I'll ever receive it from them.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Got my Best Buy confirmation my phone is ready to pickup when the store opens tomorrow. So nice being able to just walk in and grab it. Still shocked so few people in here went that route.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm glad that Sprint hired Hans Moleman to make their iPhone 6+s. I'll be waiting for a while to get my phone while everyone else is having hot passionate intercourse because they got their phones.

i think we all need to understand that most people who ordered iphone 6 plus' and not for in store pickup are likely not getting theirs tomorrow. Ordered directly from apple's site as soon as they let me and they were instantly dating the estimate shipping outside of release date, implying that they were already sold out of their initial stock (lol). I guess the rumors about the 6 plus manufacturing problems were true.

Jomjom

Banned
Got my Best Buy confirmation my phone is ready to pickup when the store opens tomorrow. So nice being able to just walk in and grab it. Still shocked so few people in here went that route.

My best buy doesn't do preorders for the 6 plus and doesn't do T-Mobile either.

Amazing. I live in one of the most major cities in Canada and I'm now looking at an expected delivery date of Tuesday after it "shipped" this morning. Smh

mackattk

I know this launch is different than the previous ones but anyone with experience know how early you gotta line up at the Apple store on launch day to have a chance usually?

T-Mobile is fucking with me and I have no idea of I'll ever receive it from them.

I would go at ~7pm and at ~10pm to see how the lines are. I am sure it varies wildly by location. The best way to know is to drive by the store yourself. Either way, good luck to you.

Best Buy said they weren't going to have any 6+. That was my fist choice too now I'm clamouring for options to find a plus in the next week.

Jomjom

Banned
I would go at ~7pm and at ~10pm to see how the lines are. I am sure it varies wildly by location. The best way to know is to drive by the store yourself. Either way, good luck to you.

Wow that early huh? I don't think I can line up overnight like that. Thanks for the info!

Hopefully the Tmobile stores will get some. No lines at any that i've passed. Also don't even seem to be many people in the stores.

DoubleTap

I'm suppose to get mine tomorrow and my UPS tracking hasn't changed from "Ready for UPS" since yesterday. Getting worried a bit here.

MicH

Meadowhall, Sheffield queue is 100 deep now. I'm about 35th. It's 9:35pm. Only 10.5 hours to go!
Damn.

One thing I've noticed in this thread is that not a lot of stores in the UK and US have midnight launches? Here in Denmark every single iPhone has had midnight launches

Does anyone have experience with tempered glass screen protectors? I'm looking at GLAS.tR from Spigen.
I had an iPad 3, I cracked the screen pretty bad, but only the glass, not the lcd screen. I got one of those tempered glass protectors and put it on top of the cracked screen, and it was awesome: people couldn't tell there was a protector on it, it looked and felt like a normal iPad screen, and the iPad screen was just as responsive, even the cracked bit.

nikos

Damn.

One thing I've noticed in this thread is that not a lot of stores in the UK and US have midnight launches? Here in Denmark every single iPhone has had midnight launches

Stores aren't allowed to sell them until 08:00 in the US.

Big Chungus

i wonder how big of an upgrade the iphone 6 is compared to the iphone 4.

not sure if im ready to upgrade yet...but my phone is getting pretty sluggish.

nikos

My Apple store does not allow lines before 4 AM because the Mall police has said no line till 4 AM. what is my strategy?

Wouldn't people line up in the parking lot before being allowed to wait inside the mall? That's how it worked when I lived in the burbs.

EDIT: Just read your other post. In that case, RUN.

Enco

the mall cops wont even allow cars of customers to be parked. Its basically at 4 the parking lot will open..... Do I run from the periphery of the parking or do you drive over the curbs or what.
Time your drive to arrive perfectly at 4.

Drive around the streets for a few minutes before if you really want to be the first there.

Park somewhere else and walk.

Don't get mugged.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Just upgraded my work supplied 5s to iOS 8. How is this not version 7.13 or whatever? There's almost no difference. The lines for a slightly larger glass square with this on it are a testament to the apple marketing department. Bonuses all round you lot.

I am going to survey the mall entrance for the entrance the mall cops are allowing tonight. the only way to get in is from a main highway road connecting to a road which runs straight to the mall. timing is everything.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just upgraded my work supplied 5s to iOS 8. How is this not version 7.13 or whatever? There's almost no difference. The lines for a slightly larger glass square with this on it are a testament to the apple marketing department. Bonuses all round you lot.

I see this posted all the time, but what kind of marketing has Apple done for the 6 and 6 Plus, pray tell?

The answer is not a whole lot. They announced it and updated their website and provided assets to carriers to take pre-orders.

They don't need to market it for the early adopters, because most of us already know about the quality of the product from past iPhones. No one is lining up because of any kind of marketing. They are lining up because they are excited to use the new device.

Toki767

Umm...you'll probably notice you can do a lot more with your phone than you could before now.

nikos

There are actually some pretty significant differences, especially for developers. It'll start to show more when developers take advantage of new APIs.

mackattk

Wow that early huh? I don't think I can line up overnight like that. Thanks for the info!

Hopefully the Tmobile stores will get some. No lines at any that i've passed. Also don't even seem to be many people in the stores.

There might be a line there might not. If anything, it would just be to gauge the interest at that particular store. No need to stay overnight if you don't have to.

the mall cops wont even allow cars of customers to be parked. Its basically at 4 the parking lot will open..... Do I run from the periphery of the parking or do you drive over the curbs or what.

Parachute.

Top Bottom