• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Sobriquet

Stopped by AT&T for a look at their cases for the 6 Plus.

Fuck that noise!

Nothing under $30 and those were the slip on cases. I'll just stick with Amazon and get something better for $10 cheaper or more.

Any Apple cases?

Yep. Apple Store in an Australian capital city. Big store

Damn! It's even worse than we thought. I think a lot of accessory makers were caught off guard that the Plus was released with the 6. The rumors that it was initially going to be released later just might be true.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
T-mobile online order here - I just used chat-support to try and get tracking info, since I got two texts and an email saying mine would arrive on Friday. Chat support wasn't really any help - the person said my order status was "Backordered", and that a second shipment wasn't coming anytime soon. When I told the person I had received two texts and an email about getting my phone on Friday, the response was "That's weird". When I asked how *I* could look up the status to see "Backordered", the person wouldn't tell me.

Best I could get out of the person was to check t-mobile.com/orderstatus, and when I said that status said "We received your electronic signature authorization on 09/13/2014" I was told "That's because it hasn't shipped yet".

T-Mobile is a goddamn clusterfuck.

I pre-ordered like you, got "backordered" and immediately talked with customer service and got it cancelled. I can check my order's status on the website and it shows up as "cancelled," so I'm not going to be sent anything, but I still got emails and text messages from them telling me I should expect to receive my order on Friday. I bet they just sent that to everyone who entered their pre-order system.

ant1532

Banned
I'm planning on getting a 6 plus for my brother. Can I just pick it up at the apple store (my contract is eligible) and ship it to him? i didn't want to open it, is there any reason i would need to?

Pagusas

Elden Member
This is kinda cool, Best Buy called and asked me to come in at a set time to pick up my phone and have it setup. They offered to appraise my current phone (5) and offer a trade in credit to pay for the new one also. Not sure if I'll go that route, but if they offer me more than $200, I'll take it.

I'm planning on getting a 6 plus for my brother. Can I just pick it up at the apple store (my contract is eligible) and ship it to him? i didn't want to open it, is there any reason i would need to?

I'm confused? You're going to use your contract to pick up a 6 Plus for your brother? In Canada they usually need to open it for the initial setup for the carrier. If you're buying unlocked I don't think they need to open it.

Also, do you have a 6 plus reserved?

HUELEN10

Time to sleep for me GAF, catch you on the flip-side. So much HYPE.

I will post pics from my line. I doubt I will be first; but I will be near the start.

And for those joining the line early, don't forget your free Donut at Krispy Kreme!

Love ya guys.

mandiller

I just got back from the Apple Store and am restoring my new iPhone 6 now. I picked up the blue silicon case and I'm impressed by the build quality. I was worried the silicon would be spongy, but it's great! It's got a sort of hard rubber feel and provides some grip.

Here's a few pics (anti-glare screen protector already applied). There were many many disappointed people wanting to buy a 6 Plus.

5CeXDfS.jpg

H66u0Ar.jpg

ugFqAhb.jpg

ovLiZ5J.jpg

47ufgXK.jpg

5MiDlu5.jpg

Marow

Hooray, I think I managed to order one for pickup next Friday x_x''
64GB Space Grey! Normal iPhone 6.

Now... I just need to find a good case *EU person here*.

Just to be sure...the charger is the exact same one people used on 5 and 5s/c, right? Doesn't matter if you have a 6 or a 6 plus?

I have a friend with a bunch of extra chargers so I gotta make the switch over from 4s.

Smidget

About 50 people lined up on Main in Salt Lake City for the Apple store. It's hot out here today for sure.

I preordered online with delivery for tomorrow on my regular 6. Hope not a lot want 6+ from the Australian report :/

Dany

Banned
i hate that i don't know when its coming in, so i don't know whether or not to postpone plans or not D:

whats more important gaf ;_;

mandiller

Is that a suede (or suedo-suede) lining in the case? Microfiber?

I have a feeling I'll be blown away going from a 4 to a 6+. :D

Yeah I think it's microfibre. Both the leather and the silicon (pictured) case have it. The silicon case is quality, I recommend it if you're not into the leather ones.

mandiller

Damn everyone is getting the blue silicon case... can you take zoomed in picture of the interior? Debating if I should get the blue or white silicon case...

Here's a high-res close up look at the inside of the case. Click the quoted image to make it bigger.

What did you think of the silver vs space gray models in person?

Sorry I can't answer that. I forgot to check them out on my way out! I didn't even try out the 6 Plus on display

Bowser

hhhhnnnggg I want my 6 so bad now! Got my black leather case in the mail today, although now that I see the blue silicone I'm thinking I may pick that one up...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn... after a bit more calling around, it sounds like zero T-Mobile stores in the Seattle area will be getting in the Plus.

Looks like my only option may be to hit up an Apple store, but that means I need to get there super, super early (or late tonight, probably). It also means I can't utilize the interest free monthly installment plan and will just have to buy the device outright.

I may just end up settling for the iPhone 6.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I had bought a generic black Spigen case, but that blue one looks nice... I may get it. Does it add significant girth/width to the device, or does it still feel pretty thin?

Chiggs

Gold Member
Best thing I like about iOS 8 are the developer-created keyboards. Finally iOS users can choose the best keyboard for them, rather than relying on Apple to know best.

I got a text this morning saying "Check www.mytmobile.com for tracking information", but they never linked my existing prepaid account with the sale.

Same here. This is pretty lame.

Xamdou

Here's a high-res close up look at the inside of the case. Click the quoted image to make it bigger.

Sorry I can't answer that. I forgot to check them out on my way out! I didn't even try out the 6 Plus on display

Damn looks nice! That blue silicon case is slim right?

Bgamer90

Banned
Just did another chat. Didn't state anything I didn't already know about the order and did nothing to explain why people who pre-ordered via AT&T after me are getting their order tomorrow.

Yeah, never pre-ordering via AT&T again.

Xamdou

Just did another chat. Didn't state anything I didn't already know about the order and did nothing to explain why people who pre-ordered via AT&T after me are getting their order tomorrow.

Yeah, never pre-ordering via AT&T again.

Do you have Premier? My ship date was November and never changed, that's why I canceled mine yesterday.

I really didn't want to wait nowI have to go look for an Iphone 6/6+ jaeger style tomorrow...

Top Bottom