• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Dany

Banned
6:13 pm At destination sort facility CHICAGO, IL

p0QHO.gif

Iacobellis

That's why Apple's slowly trying to push audio over Lightning. So they can remove the audio jack. (I don't like the idea.)

I'm sure they could try incorporating a 2.5mm jack first, but going all out with the Lightning port would definitely make them more money.

MicH

Ah! Finally got my pre-order in for a 64GB 6 in Space Grey. Whew! Took forever as all the pre-order sites completely crashed under the pressure. Hopefully it should be here next Friday :D

btkadams

I switched my Telus preorder to the Space Grey 128GB 6 Plus. I figure it's best to go bigger first and if it's too big I can trade back in for the more common 6.

That's why Apple's slowly trying to push audio over Lightning. So they can remove the audio jack. (I don't like the idea.)

Don't forget they also have that weird patent where the audio jack collapses down really thin until you put the actual cable in, and it expands out to standard size. I doubt that they'd ever use it though, now that they have Lightning, since it would probably look weird as hell.

I switched my Telus preorder to the Space Grey 128GB 6 Plus. I figure it's best to go bigger first and if it's too big I can trade back in for the more common 6.

How is Telus for communication? Bell finally gave me some feedback on when I can expect mine today.

Namikaze

Man the fuck the official case has a huge opening on the bottom? That's so cheap looking.

A lot of people with Apple's Official iP5S Leather/Silicone cases complained about their lightning cables and docks being incompatible with their case.

For all of you sweating the tracking information, nothing will happen until later tonight when you will see a lot of movement on your package. It's normal for shipping information to not have a lot of activity during the day, because most of the freight is moved at night.

btkadams

How is Telus for communication? Bell finally gave me some feedback on when I can expect mine today.
Mine just says it will ship by October 6th on the order status page. That's all I can see and that's all that's been provided.

However, I had previously ordered the 6 (non-plus) and chosen an option to delay shipment to "ship by October 15" so that I would get AppleCare+ for free with the phone. They are in the process (apparently) of transferring that promo to this new order for the 6 Plus, so it will be shipping around then I guess.

It's annoying that it just gives these "will ship by October X" statements instead of a specific shipping date. Oh well.

mr stroke

Anyone looking to snag a plus tomorrow- check Costco, Att stores already have lines, so I stopped at Costco and the will have some tomorrow, they said no one knows Costco even sells iPhones so good chance at snagging one at store opening.

hiryu2015

Can't wait, hype building. My 6 is sitting in a UPS warehouse across the bay.

In the 11 years I've had a cell phone, this will only be my fifth phone. I had the iphone 4 longest out of any of those, so replacing it is a big deal for me. So many memories... ;__;

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone looking to snag a plus tomorrow- check Costco, Att stores already have lines, so I stopped at Costco and the will have some tomorrow, they said no one knows Costco even sells iPhones so good chance at snagging one at store opening.

Do they sell them without contracts?

Lkr

I haven't received a call from my sprint store yet. This sucks cause I could have it tomorrow if I had just ordered it online

lexi

Banned
I'm freaking out a bit. (Not really, It's just a phone just a phone just a phone). Apparently the shippers FORGOT to fucking load the iPhone shipment to my city. Every other city is getting deliveries as I speak. AHHHHHHHHHHH I'M LOSING IT

why would you put a screen protecter on that lovely screen ;_;

To keep it lovely. I hate hairline scratches on my phone. I'd rather replaced a worn screen protector. My iPhone 5's screen protector has some long ass slices in it that I know would have gotten through to the screen without that protector.

Plus I like to rest my phone face down when in a case to prevent something accidentally hitting the screen.

I will protect my iPhone 6.......

...when AT&T finally ships it...*sobs*

Sobriquet

I'm freaking out a bit. (Not really, It's just a phone just a phone just a phone). Apparently the shippers FORGOT to fucking load the iPhone shipment to my city. Every other city is getting deliveries as I speak. AHHHHHHHHHHH I'M LOSING IT

Where did you hear that?

Revoh

I am a former Nexus 4 user, switched to iPhone 5s about 4 months ago and can't look back now, I think the 5s has the perfect phone size now... I hope Apple releases an iPhone 6 with the same size as the 5s :/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I am a former Nexus 4 user, switched to iPhone 5s about 4 months ago and can't look back now, I think the 5s has the perfect phone size now... I hope Apple releases an iPhone 6 with the same size as the 5s :/
Absolutely not going to happen I'm afraid.

Preordered mine through our local sprint store since our famplan is up for an upgrade... Said i need to wait 4-6 weeks for my iphone6+ And they will call when it's here :( gave me an order # through receipt but i can't even use it through their site to track it ...wtf

nikos

Probably LTTP on this photo, but I just saw it on MacRumors a little while ago.

newyorkline.jpg

That was the line at the 14th St. Apple Store in NYC at 3:30 Eastern. I waited there overnight for the 5S last year. Got there around 11PM and the line pictured is already longer.

Hopefully the preorder line isn't too bad in the morning. I plan on getting there around 7:30.

Also, those people are clearly not prepared for a campout. Hopefully they have people bringing them stuff.

So basically if I don't have a tracking number from AT&T by now I'm not getting it tomorrow, correct?

Ugh, what was the point preordering 15 minutes past midnight...

Top Bottom