• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Goodnight GAF...tomorrow is a brand new and glorious day.

scogoth

Just spent 4 hours waiting outside an apple store for an iphone 6 plus (I'm from Australia). Didn't even make it into the store and the iphone plus' are sold out. Basically wasted 4 hours and have to pay for parking to add insult to injury.

Should have spent 14 hours waiting

numble

Do they need to now, though? The media do it for them. On every major news site here (Australia) I've seen live blogs featuring interviews with people lining up outsides stores.

That is far better than any traditional advertising.

Yeah, because Apple didn't know they were launching and had no idea about the demand - there is no way they could've planned ahead. C'mon dude.

How? They can't start production until they finalize design. They then need to deal with problems encountered with a new design, new materials, new chips. Oh, by the way, they need to make 100% more than last year.

Phreaker

This has probably been posted a bunch, but I ordered a 64GB/Space Gray 6 on Saturday (day after they went on sale) from AT&T and originally the email said it would ship between 10/15 and 10/31. I got a text and email that it's arriving tomorrow, woohoo! To my door too, no fighting the crowds, nice.

Bgamer90

Banned
This has probably been posted a bunch, but I ordered a 64GB/Space Gray 6 on Saturday (day after they went on sale) from AT&T and originally the email said it would ship between 10/15 and 10/31. I got a text and email that it's arriving tomorrow, woohoo! To my door too, no fighting the crowds, nice.

Just now? Cool.

Just like I said before.

God. Damn. It.

My apartment managers office decided to close tomorrow from 12-3 so if my iPhone gets there in that time period, it goes back to UPS to be delivered on Saturday and my local UPS store closes at 6 so I can't pick it up after work and I can't have anyone else sign for it at the UPS store.

So. I just tried to call UPS to change the shipping address to my work and they said that Apple isn't allowing it because they're super strict with shipping. This explains why it wouldn't let me set my shipping address to my work from the start, at least.

At least I signed up for my choice so I'll know if UPS had horrible timing with my iPhone or not.

jcm

Has anyone who preordered from tmobile gotten a delivery date or anything yet? I havent received so much as a text message. I only know its in "Backordered" status from calling customer care. The rep told me that because the iphone doesnt release until tomorrow everyone's order says "Backordered". Sounded like BS to me.

I'm a new Tmo customer and I haven't heard a peep. I have a charge on my cc that's been pending since yesterday. The whole switch-to-tmo-and-preorder-phones experience hasd been really disappointing. I wont be with them long if this is indicative of their service. Bummer.

KevinG

Raleigh, NC, United States 09/18/2014 10:51 P.M. Arrival Scan

Woohooooo

A fellow Raleighian!

Too bad I'm on a family AT&T plan so my phone is being shipped to Winston Salem. Thankfully my mother in law is bringing it over tomorrow afternoon.

Beautiful 6 Plus, you're so close.

Psykoboy2

Someone asked if the AT&T store I went to had any Apple cases.

They did not. All third party.

Also, mine is sitting about 20 minutes from me in a warehouse. Looking forward to tomorrow!

I'm a new Tmo customer and I haven't heard a peep. I have a charge on my cc that's been pending since yesterday. The whole switch-to-tmo-and-preorder-phones experience hasd been really disappointing. I wont be with them long if this is indicative of their service. Bummer.

Same exact situation as you. I've had a few calls with their service reps already trying to figure out what is going on.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just got an email.
Thanks for your iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Silver order.

Unfortunately we’ve run into a bit of a problem. Not to worry – it’s easily fixed. We just need to chat to whoever the authorised person on the account is.

Call up. Minimum one hour wait time. I knew my order went too smoothly. Everyone else here was complaining about website glitches and credit card errors and mine went through without a hitch.

BFIB

Mine was the same with the HTC One. Got the phone on release day FYI.

Manager just called to tell me my iPhone came in today! :D gonna pick it up tomorrow when I go in for work. Got the 64GB Gold iPhone 6 for AT&T. We also received 5 extra Space Gray iPhone 6's for AT&T. RadioShack might be busy for once.

Hmm... my shipment tracking says it had an arrival scan in Jacksonville, then a departure scan in Jacksonville, then another arrival scan in Jacksonville? What gives?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I just want to go in and get some hands on time tomorrow. Wondering if that will even be possible.

ant1532

Banned
I'm confused? You're going to use your contract to pick up a 6 Plus for your brother? In Canada they usually need to open it for the initial setup for the carrier. If you're buying unlocked I don't think they need to open it.

Also, do you have a 6 plus reserved?

yea i was going to use my contract. im in the US, phones are locked here but I don't think that matters at all. Do they really have to set it up when i purchase it. I can't just buy it and ship it to him?

Just like I said before.

God. Damn. It.

My apartment managers office decided to close tomorrow from 12-3 so if my iPhone gets there in that time period, it goes back to UPS to be delivered on Saturday and my local UPS store closes at 6 so I can't pick it up after work and I can't have anyone else sign for it at the UPS store.

So. I just tried to call UPS to change the shipping address to my work and they said that Apple isn't allowing it because they're super strict with shipping. This explains why it wouldn't let me set my shipping address to my work from the start, at least.

At least I signed up for my choice so I'll know if UPS had horrible timing with my iPhone or not.

I had the same thing basically happen where no one would be home to sign for the package. I was able to arrange picking it up from the UPS facility will-call by calling their customer service.

So uh, any place I can order a Verizon 64GB plus without having to wait more than a month to ship out? Any stores I could try to hit over the next week or two?

Bullza2o

there were like 8 dudes outside the one nearby at 10pm est.

I remember last year or two I saw only around 8 people lined up at a nearby Verizon store minutes before it opened. Maybe that's just because it's Verizon not AT&T. Maybe it was a Samsung launch, I don't remember specifically.

Let's all hope everyone else wants the 4.7in because, well, they can't handle going from 4in to 5.5in all at once.

Chiggs

Gold Member

If your card has been charged, you're probably in good shape.

Me, on the other hand, no charge at all...but two text messages that assure me I'll get it tomorrow. I'm okay with a delay, but don't set incorrect expectations.

At this point, I'm doubtful I'll receive it.

Corgi

Banned
I remember last year or two I saw only around 8 people lined up at a nearby Verizon store minutes before it opened. Maybe that's just because it's Verizon not AT&T. Maybe it was a Samsung launch, I don't remember specifically.

Let's all hope everyone else wants the 4.7in because, well, they can't handle going from 4in to 5.5in all at once.

well i did a drive by and asked, the first 3 were going for plus. yeah, zero chance of getting a plus.

will stop by tomorrow anyhow to get a status.

Top Bottom