• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Fuck sake, my delivery from O2 is now showing as delayed through UK Mail. No delivery until Monday :-/

They're called nicknamed UK Fail for a reason.

HUELEN10

Number 23 in the local line, but might end up being at worst number 3 when the line splits and I go to the pre-order line.

ant1532

Banned
third times the charm?
If I decide to buy my brudder an iphone 6 plus on my eligible at&t contract tomorrow morning at the apple store, do I have to take it out of the box at the store and set it up in a particular way or something? Or can I just not open it and send it to him?

You know, as many problems as I've had with my iPhone 5, dropping it without a case has NEVER caused any damage to the screen. And I have dropped. this. phone. Hardwood floors, tile, brick, concrete, asphalt, I have dropped it time and time again on all of them and never has the screen so much as even chipped, let alone scratched or cracked.

That said, that video made me anxious as hell, and now I'm legitimately considering paying fucking $40 for one of Apple's stupid cases when I pick my 6 Plus up tomorrow.

Argh.

TimFL

My iPhone 6 should arrive in 2-5 hours (via DHL express delivery). I'm in germany btw.

Really bummed by the drop tests... I remember the 4S drop tests being horrible too and yet my 4S managed to survive until this day without any massive scratches. It even went flying once (had to catch the train years ago so I ran down the hil, forgot that my phone was in my shirt pocket and it went flying 2m high, landing on the concrete and sliding down the hill for another 3m. Not a single scratch on the display...).

123rl

So:

It's really thin and light. I know it's heavier than the iPhone 5 but, honestly, I can't feel the difference. The thinner profile is immediately noticeable though

The screen is beautiful. Sharp, colourful, and amazing viewing angles

As always, setup is easy. Already activated and doing my restore now

BunnyBear

The iPhone 6 is the perfect size. I graciously recant ever speaking ill of big phones and I admit I was wrong.

It feels so right in my (big) hands. Much better than the 4S ever did.

lexi

Banned
By rights I should have my new iPhone right now. My carriers shipment arrived just before 1pm -- somebody actually forgot to load it on the plane the night before. Monday it is.

Tabris

Man I'm worried.

Vancouver. I hear the line is 1.5-2 blocks long. There's a good chance most are going to buy 2 each, as apparently a lot of the line is about scalping to send over to China.

The Chinese Launch delay has just screwed me over.

Question: How many iPhones (Don't need a Plus) would a downtown city like Vancouver get? 300+ If so, then I should be fine with lining up at 4am.

The iPhone 6 is the perfect size. I graciously recant ever speaking ill of big phones and I admit I was wrong.

It feels so right in my (big) hands. Much better than the 4S ever did.

People need conglomerates to tell them what they find acceptable. The Apple effect.

Been using a 5S and S4 simultaneously, looking to feel up a 6+ next week!

Apath

You know, as many problems as I've had with my iPhone 5, dropping it without a case has NEVER caused any damage to the screen. And I have dropped. this. phone. Hardwood floors, tile, brick, concrete, asphalt, I have dropped it time and time again on all of them and never has the screen so much as even chipped, let alone scratched or cracked.

That said, that video made me anxious as hell, and now I'm legitimately considering paying fucking $40 for one of Apple's stupid cases when I pick my 6 Plus up tomorrow.

Argh.
You could just order a cheap one for $10 off Amazon.
Pretty sure this happened for the very first iPhone ever sold, I remember a video from way back. Too hilarious
I feel pretty bad for him. He was excited to show off his new phone that he was probably anticipating all week, and does the worst thing possible right out the gate.

gotoadgo

Man I'm worried.

Vancouver. I hear the line is 1.5-2 blocks long. There's a good chance most are going to buy 2 each, as apparently a lot of the line is about scalping to send over to China.

The Chinese Launch delay has just screwed me over.

Question: How many iPhones (Don't need a Plus) would a downtown city like Vancouver get? 300+ If so, then I should be fine with lining up at 4am.
Could be worse, in the Sydney CBD it went for about 6 blocks.

You could just order a cheap one for $10 off Amazon.

Thing is, I am incredibly anal about any kind of case. Like to the point where I can't be reasoned with.

First and foremost, I love the naked look of the phone.

I don't want something that adds thickness to it, but I do want to protect it should it drop.

I don't want something that is going to prevent the phone from sliding easily in and out of my pocket. Metal and glass glides on pockets, but any kind of rubber or something textured, and it'll attract lint or cling to the inside of my pants. Do not want.

Don't want a hard shell because I want actual drop protection, but I don't want a "soft" cover for the reason above.

Don't want a gaudy design.

Don't want to pay out the ass for it.

See? I'm impossible to please :(

Just a quick question I probably should have asked before...

I preordered my iPhone for in-store pick up. I got my email saying it would be ready for me on 9/19.

I can go in.. any time today to pick that up, right? I don't have to wait in line overnight? I mean, I'm planning to go as early as I can (around 11am I think) but.. they're not gonna just hand my phone off to someone else because I wasn't there at open, right?

Although this is my 5th iPhone, I believe this is the first time I've done in-store pickup without camping out the night before... I sincerely hope I didn't just fuck myself.

Cyport

I preordered mine (64GB Space Grey Plus) in-store at EE in the UK on Friday last week. They seemed pretty confident I would have it today but I turned up at 9am and no phone for me!

They said they only had one (plus) in stock which was a 128gb that someone else preordered. No others and they said they had 6 preorders in total. Not too fussed but I did travel a long way.

I'm not as optimistic as them telling me I'll get my phone within the next few days. I think it'll be a week or two but what do I know!

Kysen

Mine finally arrived(ip6), damn the screen is so much bigger. Feels good to be back to a normal sized screen. Transferred everything over and wiped my 5s, gonna sell it later today.

Apath

Thing is, I am incredibly anal about any kind of case. Like to the point where I can't be reasoned with.

I don't want something that adds thickness to it, but I do want to protect it should it drop.

I don't want something that is going to prevent the phone from sliding easily in and out of my pocket. Metal and glass glides on pockets, but any kind of rubber or something textured, and it'll attract lint or cling to the inside of my pants. Do not want.

Don't want a hard shell because I want actual drop protection, but I don't want a "soft" cover for the reason above.

There are dozens of cases between $5-$20 on Amazon that are great. Seriously, take a look on there first before running out and spending big bucks on a case that won't be any better than the stuff you find on Amazon.

Jomjom

Banned

I have your same preferences. The thin crystal clear TPU cases are the only ones I can stand. TPU is like the perfect medium because its not hard so it protects from drops, but its way harder than the silicone cases. Its also able to get a near glass like clarity unlike silicone so you get the naked look. Only downside is most turn a little yellow after a while so you gotta replace it if it bothers you.

Got my last tpu case for the iphone 5 for $2 and I always had people ask me where I got the case. Protected from loads of drops including once where my dog's leash pulled the phone out of my hand sending it flying down an entire flight of stone steps about 20 ft. No damage whatsoever.

Varion

iJJwZiq3mzOjT.png
yessssssss

10am UK time, one 64gb Plus Silver. Putting it next to the third gen iPod touch I'm upgrading from is funny to say the least. So much bigger.

Top Bottom