• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

jstripes

Banned
Man, seriously wanting a 6 now. My 4S is feeling so old, and its battery is so useless.

Probably won't be able to afford it for several months though. :/

Radec

http://www.slashgear.com/the-first-iphone-6-sold-in-perth-was-dropped-on-concrete-18347118/

KuGsj.gif

I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Just got my notice that my phone is on the way despite the site saying it'll be September 30th at the earliest.
I don't even have a case and shit lol.

Bullza2o

well i did a drive by and asked, the first 3 were going for plus. yeah, zero chance of getting a plus.

will stop by tomorrow anyhow to get a status.

That must be 3 out of probably 6-10 plus units they have. Perhaps those who want a regular 6 are more relaxed knowing the supply is less constraint.

Instore. No one ever thinks to go to Radioshack and there are a lot of them. You are bound to find a phone. They carry everything but T-mobile.

Will definitely go check Radio Shack that's 5min away from me tomorrow!

Also is anyone going tomorrow who already has a preorder but has not been charged/shipped yet? I was wondering if I score a phone tomorrow I could quickly cancel my preorder right before buying it at the store.

Smidget

I guess I'm past the point where I could have told FedEx to hold it? It arrived at destination sort facility tonight.... I should have thought FedEx would have the same holding options as UPS like when I picked up my PS4 in the morning...

Chiggs

Gold Member
T-Mobile folks, just got off the phone with a supervisor. Here is what I was told: if you got the two texts yesterday and today, you are definitely getting your phone tomorrow. T-Mobile shipped out a shitload of phones this afternoon and sent many out via overnight, regardless of what shipping option you selected. All tracking numbers should be available early tomorrow morning.

Just don't shoot the messenger if you don't have it in your hands tomorrow.

Namikaze

Question. If my phone is delayed at export, I probably won't get It until Monday, right? Weird thing is, I just got an email saying my phone is out for delivery...I'm thinking I'll at least to check the ups center tomorrow before assuming the worst.

Edit: never mind, figured it out. I didn't actually get the pickup confirmation email so I will probably have to wait until Monday. Not the biggest deal but hopefully verizon will still give me the deal they offered me after I upgrade, could save me $50 a month.

T-Mobile folks, just got off the phone with a supervisor. Here is what I was told: if you got the two texts yesterday and today, you are definitely getting your phone tomorrow. T-Mobile shipped out a shitload of phones this afternoon and sent many out via overnight, regardless of what shipping option you selected. All tracking numbers should be available early tomorrow morning.

Just don't shoot the messenger if you don't have it in your hands tomorrow.

You can track your shipment status right now by going to the UPS website and track by reference number. Enter in your T-mobile number and your shipment should show up.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
everyother post is someones full conversation with an att rep.

its disgusting.

the entitlement on that forum is unmatched. I remember when the iphone 5 came out and there were minor scuffs on some of the phones (really small) and people were freaking out, and returning until they got an absolute perfect phone. so stupid.

BFIB

the entitlement on that forum is unmatched. I remember when the iphone 5 came out and there were minor scuffs on some of the phones (really small) and people were freaking out, and returning until they got an absolute perfect phone. so stupid.
I'm expecting the same tomorrow. When I got my iPad air, I went to macrumors just to check out the forum. Everyone was freaking out over the fact that there was a little warmer colors on some screens compared to others.

Corgi

Banned
That must be 3 out of probably 6-10 plus units they have. Perhaps those who want a regular 6 are more relaxed knowing the supply is less constraint.

you'd hope. but im already in my pajamas. with AT&T's situation on even getting midnight preorders of 6+ out on launch date... i can't imagine the stocks of 6+ being high retail stores... or even any at all :X

So my "Scheduled Delivery" on my tracking info just changed from "9/19 by the end of the day" to "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.". Hmm...

ant1532

Banned
I hate to ask again, but If I decide to buy my brother an iphone 6+ on my contract tomorrow morning, do I have to take it out of the box at the store and set it up in a particular way or something? Or can I just not open it and send it to him?

Wellllll....

On preorder night I ordered...

Verizon
64GB iPhone 6
16GB iPhone 6 Plus

Apple
64GB iPhone 6 Plus

The Verizon orders showed they would arrive on 9/19 and they will!

I only need one iPhone...

The Apple order showed it would ship in early October... except it just shipped NOW.

I will get that next Wednesday.

WELP.... I'm an idiot.

I'm going to keep the 16GB 6 Plus from Verizon. Immediately return the normal 6 and return the 16GB next week when the 64GB 6 Plus comes in.

sangreal

I hate to ask again, but If I decide to buy my brother an iphone 6+ on my contract tomorrow morning, do I have to take it out of the box at the store and set it up in a particular way or something? Or can I just not open it and send it to him?

What carrier? When I bought my 5 I had to activate it on the line it was purchased for first (I opened a new line on a new account but wanted to activate on my original line). This was Verizon

Sobriquet

So my "Scheduled Delivery" on my tracking info just changed from "9/19 by the end of the day" to "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.". Hmm...

Mine too. I was just about to post this. Is your last update listed as "Arrived - Louisville, KY, United States, Wednesday, 09/17/2014?"

Glad it's not only me.

gsrjedi

How often to apple stores get new stock if I'm not getting it day one?

In my experience trying to buy Apple products close to release, my local store in Arizona tended to get shipments most weekdays. But it was never an even distribution between colors, capacities, and carriers. There tends to be a line most days at my store for about a month and a little before store opening an employee comes by with cards and they'll let you know what they have available.

bodine1231

Tmobile just processed my order but says I'll get it Saturday,but I'm having it shipped to my work which is closed on the weekends,argh. I'm gonna roll in tomorrow and see if I can get one in store and just cancel the online order,if that fails I'll see if I can get UPS to ship it to a UPS Store that is open on Saturdays.

In my experience trying to buy Apple products close to release, my local store in Arizona tended to get shipments most weekdays. But it was never an even distribution between colors, capacities, and carriers. There tends to be a line most days at my store for about a month and a little before store opening an employee comes by with cards and they'll let you know what they have available.

Thanks for the response I thought it s only a weekly or biweekly shipment at best, well I don't mind waiting a couple weeks for one

ant1532

Banned
What carrier? When I bought my 5 I had to activate it on the line it was purchased for first (I opened a new line on a new account but wanted to activate on my original line). This was Verizon

Oh no, I'm on AT&T and I won't be opening any new accounts or anything.

Cookie18

Sat outside the Apple Store in Berkeley around 30th in line and we got here just after 9pm. Crazy lines.

People behind me are waiting for a 6 Plus, they're going to be so pissed when they don't get them.

Apath

Anyone here live in Chicago and plan on waiting at the North/Clyborn store? Thinking about heading over there to wait in line, but I don't want to ride the train there only to see a dozen people already waiting.

taylor910

Has anyone had their status changed to a different phone model shipped to a random address in another city? AT&T specifically. Freaking out a bit right now!

Midas

Any Aussies here with any update on supply of regular iPhone 6 in Apple Stores?

Edit: or UK people. Stores should be open there now!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Anyone here live in Chicago and plan on waiting at the North/Clyborn store? Thinking about heading over there to wait in line, but I don't want to ride the train there only to see a dozen people already waiting.

Don't bother, there's been a line since yesterday morning.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This Fido reservation system seems like it's letting me down... for a second time.

3 years ago I reserved a 4S. On launch day it just sat there with no update. I was defeated for awhile, but then I decided to call my Fido store in mid afternoon. Those fuckers just had them sitting there for walk in customers. I went down to the store at like 5pm and just bought one (and cancelled the reserved one that was going nowhere).

This time I got in really early... I'm number 12 on the list. A very good number. If they get any at all, I should get one, right? But here I am on iPhone Launch Eve and the order status hasn't changed at all. I'm not hopeful. Maybe I can just waltz into a store again and get one faster? What IS the point of this "reservation" system if it's not even the fastest way to get one from my carrier?

Ok I am in a line of cars the security keeps telling us to come back at 6 and no one is moving lol. Security guy had no idea what to do too many cars for him.no one wants to lose their place in the car park

Top Bottom