• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Cookie18

If you really think an Apple Store is only getting 10-15 plus, you're falling for the shortage hype

An Apple employee went on Macrumors and said his store, which is one of the biggest, got 20 total. Other reports are also backing that up saying that Apple stores are getting 3-4% of their stock in 6 Plus'. It's not exactly a jump to believe these figures when there were also the rumours of production issues and stock shortages virtually everywhere.

Not that it bothers me as my 6 Plus will be delivered by a nice UPS man shortly after I get back from the Apple Store with my fiancé's iPhone 6.

I was the same way until I got the leather Apple case for my 5S. Worth the price even though it stings at first. At least you will increase the resell value if it protects it from scratches.

I picked up the black leather apple case for my 6, first time I've gone with a case.

As cases go it's lovely, Good quality leather and looks like it'll add very little weight and bulk. The microfibre on the inside is a nice touch too.

I have your same preferences. The thin crystal clear TPU cases are the only ones I can stand. TPU is like the perfect medium because its not hard so it protects from drops, but its way harder than the silicone cases. Its also able to get a near glass like clarity unlike silicone so you get the naked look. Only downside is most turn a little yellow after a while so you gotta replace it if it bothers you.

Got my last tpu case for the iphone 5 for $2 and I always had people ask me where I got the case. Protected from loads of drops including once where my dog's leash pulled the phone out of my hand sending it flying down an entire flight of stone steps about 20 ft. No damage whatsoever.

Whoa, you mean something like this one?

HMMMMMM

Only problem would be having my nekked Plus for the couple days it'll take to get here.

How's it do with lint? Since it's clear can you see build up? Or around the edges of the power/volume/etc cutouts? I mean, taking it out of the case to clean it isn't a deal breaker unless it's something I'm gonna have to do on a daily basis. And it's soft but not soft enough to be.. "sticky" I guess would be the proper term?

NekoFever

BOOM!!!

Apple UK Online Order.

Was originally said to deliver between 29 Sep and 2 Oct.

Now Dispatched with delivery for 23 Sep.

Mine dispatched yesterday but isn't showing up with an estimated delivery any more. Slowly getting closer, though - it reached Kazakhstan 25 minutes ago!

ZeroX03

Banned
Any decent iPhone 6 Plus cases with stands? Been using a Galaxy Note 3 to get a handle on big phones, and I think I want a stand for reading when out of the house.

How much iPhone 6 stock would an AT&T core store in NY get for release today? I may end up somewhere between 25-45th on line. That is just a very bad estimate as I don't know if there will be that many people on line. I just want to get a space grey 64 gb or 128 gb.

Vooduu

How much iPhone 6 stock would an AT&T core store in NY get for release today? I may end up somewhere between 25-45th on line. That is just a very bad estimate as I don't know if there will be that many people on line. I just want to get a space grey 64 gb or 128 gb.

I've heard no supply issues for the 6. In fact, it's still 7-10 business days to buy from Apple. It's just the 6+. You should be able to buy a 6 today. Good luck my friend!

I've heard no supply issues for the 6. In fact, it's still 7-10 business days to buy from Apple. It's just the 6+. You should be able to buy a 6 today. Good luck my friend!

Nice amigo. I am just fine copping the 4.7 inch 6. Then I will go back home and proceed to grind on Destiny. Can't put down this stupid game for some reason.

TimFL

Got mine 30 minutes ago, the vibration is INSANE? It is very audible (rattling like), is this supposed to be like that? My 4S is more gentle.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nice amigo. I am just fine copping the 4.7 inch 6. Then I will go back home and proceed to grind on Destiny. Can't put down this stupid game for some reason.

4.7" iphone 6 is about the same dimensions head-on as my lumia 930. Perfectly fine size and managable (especially as the iphone is quite a bit thinner). I can't imagine going much bigger though - 6+ sounds massive.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Got mine 30 minutes ago, the vibration is INSANE? It is very audible (rattling like), is this supposed to be like that? My 4S is more gentle.

QTvJ1Gu.gif

4.7" iphone 6 is about the same dimensions head-on as my lumia 930. Perfectly fine size and managable (especially as the iphone is quite a bit thinner). I can't imagine going much bigger though - 6+ sounds massive.

I feel u dude. I originally planned on the 6+ because I have big hands. The 6 is more than adequate.

ZeroX03

Banned

I read a few reviews saying the vibration was heavy on the 6 and LOUD on the 6 Plus. Good for me because I tend to miss it, but damn for those who actually use it for silence.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I was actually a bit disappointed by it to be honest, always love seeing the fancy-looking colourful boxes people usually get with iPhones, and then...this. Oh well.

So much bigger. So much better screen.

(You wouldn't think there was any natural light in this room at all judging by how dark the pictures come out.)

wow. You could almost fit that ipod touch screen across the width of the iphone

God Enel

went to an apple store in germany. like 500 people waiting. fuck this shit. went into 6 shops and found an iphone 6 128gb gold in the last shop. wanted 64gigs one. but it is okay. :D

MickD

At ATT. About 14th in line. Been here maybe an hour and a half. Any ATT reps on here know their stock?

Sprint just came and passed out flyers haha.

Considering jumping from T-Mobile to the gfs plan if they have one. Wasn't planning on getting it today, just here for support.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
assuming you're ok with how expensive the iphone is, there are some OK deals out there. eg with carphone warehouse, you can get a 64GB iphone 6 for £35.50 with £200 upfront over 2 years. Taking out the cost of the phone, that works out at £18 per month for 4GB 4G data and unlimited everything else. They also have one that works out at £21 per month for 7GB data (I assume these are 'red' deals that you can then share with your family too)

both a lot cheaper than getting a SIM only with similar data.

JHall

Just showed up at ATT and I'm the only one here. God, I love Hilton Head and all of its old people that don't care about new iPhones.

Varion

Liking the phone itself?
Haven't had that long to mess around with it, but yeah, definitely. One handed operation's not happening with my small hands, but I always knew that was going to be the case anyway, and it's pretty comfortable to handle two handed. Screen's amazing, but the difference is even bigger from me because I've never even used a retina display before. The increased screen space and sharper text is making using the browser so much more pleasant. Making way less mistakes with the keyboard too.

Oh, and the bands that I really didn't like in pics and found my eyes getting drawn to every time? They really don't look especially bad in person. I mean they don't exactly look good either, but they're just kind of...there. I did briefly toy with the idea of getting a case to cover them before the phone actually arrived, but having seen them in person I wouldn't bother. Caseless all the way.

Top Bottom