• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Juice

Rumor going down the line is this AT&T store got six 6+ phones total. Not enthused.

Not sure what folks lining up were expecting. 6+ is obviously extremely supply constrained. When that happens Apple retail usually gets a fair number and carriers get just enough to claim they had it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Mine got delivered a few hours ago, to my work in the UK, but I'm in the Dominican Republic and won't get back home until tomorrow morning uk time. At least I know it's waiting for me! Might try picking a case up this weekend.

Juice

I just ordered two silicone cases from the Apple Store app for in store pickup today.

If you're in line and want a case I recommend you do the same. They usually run out of cases quickly on launch day.

nikos

GAF, I missed two days of work last week because I wanted to watch the keynote, then was too tired to work after staying up to preordered Friday.

Tell me I shouldn't miss a third day to pick up this phone.

I'm probably going to.

Ovid

I just ordered two silicone cases from the Apple Store app for in store pickup today.

If you're in line and want a case I recommend you do the same. They usually run out of cases quickly on launch day.
The cases look really nice but I think I might rock this phone naked. It really depends on how ithe phone feels in my hands.

GAF, I missed two days of work last week because I wanted to watch the keynote, then was too tired to work after staying up to preordered Friday.

Tell me I shouldn't miss a third day to pick up this phone.

I'm probably going to.
Why didn't you just have it delivered to your job?

plenilune

Got my 6. Love feeling the rounded bezel, the screen size is perfect for me. The back side is ugly as hell with those antenna extrusions, but I don't really care.

BearPawB

Banned
I only have to be at school for one hour today. But i just KNOW they are gonna try and deliver during that one hour.

I can't pick it up at a ups store because it is under my GFs name and she is out of town.
I authorized the signature release, but then I am just worried about theft.

iNvid02

Got it, delivery guy seemed kinda down but probably because hes got his work cut out today.

Feels exceptional, 4.7" was definitely the right choice for me. icloud restore was simple, it feels so good to have my phone back after using a nokia 106 these last couple of weeks

I'm not going to feel good about this until I see "Out for delivery" on the FedEx site, even if it does say it'll be delivered by today at 8 P.M.

Namikaze

My phone ended up making it to my local UPS center, I'm so relieved. UPS's tracking info has never been this bad for me.

Will pick it up in 2 hours when the store opens.

noomi

Waiting on UPS like a good little boy, very exited to finally ditch my 4s. We had a good long run little buddy!

Trojan

Rumor going down the line is this AT&T store got six 6+ phones total. Not enthused.

I'm in line at an AT&T store now in Minneapolis and managed to be first in line with about 4 hrs of waiting. Manager said they have "very limited" quantities of the 6 Plus but for the 5 of us in line, he insinuated that they would have enough stock for us. Seems like everyone in line wants Dat Plus.

If I had to wait in this line and didn't get one, I probably would go into beast mode. Best of luck.

Apple Store, showed up around 5:30 was towards the end of the line

Got a iPhone 6 Plus 64GB, exactly what I wanted

So let's cut the BS 3-4% stock rumors to drive hype

Apple Store, showed up around 5:30 was towards the end of the line

Got a iPhone 6 Plus 64GB, exactly what I wanted

So let's cut the BS 3-4% stock rumors to drive hype
whitney_receipts.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
So I called my carrier to sort out the minor issue - the email address I used wasn't the one on file with them - and apparently it's settled, so hopefully my 6 Plus is still on track for next week.

Best of luck to all of you guys waiting in line, my religiously unaffiliated prayers are with you.

Ugh. Saw two people lined outside the Rogers store in uptown Toronto this morning. I really should have tried my carrier store today.

Ovid

Just look back a page, macrumors posted some bogus article, which it does a lot, that the 6 plus was going to be extremely limited in stock, people will have zero chance of getting if they didn't camp all night blah blah blah
People on the site are just plain crazy. The TMo Preorder thread is just laughable. People tracking flights lol. Not courier tracking numbers (FedEx or UPS), actual flights.

Mii

Banned
In reserve line @ Apple Store SoHo. Moving pretty quickly. Feel bad for non-reserves, there's tons of them.

artist

Banned
Upgraded with Telus since they were offering free AppleCare+ on the Plus.

Still think the 4.7 is the perfect size for me and not this monstrosity. But then battery life is also CRITICAL. The perfect combo would have been the 4.7 with the battery life of the Plus, would've made the decision so much easier. The OIS is also valuable to me but not a deal breaker.

Just look back a page, macrumors posted some bogus article, which it does a lot, that the 6 plus was going to be extremely limited in stock, people will have zero chance of getting if they didn't camp all night blah blah blah

This is par for the course with any major electronics release.

AlexMogil

There is no plus shortage hype. There is a plus shortage period. Verizon has 70 phones, 5 pluses. I'm 15th in line.

Coming from a Note 2 and I never really used the pen... will I be sad about the screen size reduction from 5.5 to 4.7?

Argh. Decisions.

Just got back from work. Going to chill for a bit and then go to my local AT&T for an iPhone 6. If it is not in stock, ill just settle for some swiss miss pudding and call it a day. I've come to the conclusion that I can actually wait a week. Go figure.

Top Bottom