• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Found the type of textured skin I was looking for on Amazon

Not sure if I'll pull the trigger on something like this or not, will need to see how slippy the 6+ is when it gets here...

...where the fuck is that UPS guy?! #@%$*!
With each passing year of iPhone launches I find myself more and more weirded out by people waiting in line for them. I'm having one shipped to my house today, but there is just something weird to me about seeing hundreds of people lining up in front of a single store, for a phone. The people who sleep out for days.....I don't even know what to say about them.

Meanwhile I'm talking with some of our co-workers in Manilla and they're talking about how there are massive floods shutting down all major infrastructure and people can't make it in to work.

Kind of puts things in perspective.

Interfectum

With each passing year of iPhone launches I find myself more and more weirded out by people waiting in line for them. I'm having one shipped to my house today, but there is just something weird to me about seeing hundreds of people lining up in front of a single store, for a phone. The people who sleep out for days.....I don't even know what to say about them.

I think for some people it's less about the product and more about the ritual. For example the only product I've ever waited in line for was the Nintendo Wii. I remember that fondly because it was fun chilling in line with my brother and talking with people, all of us there for a common goal.

We are social species, every once in awhile it feels good to actually be around other people, lots of people, even complete strangers.

Zutroy

Sold out of all configs in the store by the time I got there. Got to look at the display models. The plus is massive, way too big!

Is there an easy way to get store contact information? Seems well hidden on Apple's website.
Never mind I'm being blind

northead

London here.
The quick shots I have made don't do justice to the madness.

Regent Street (about 10 AM):

zouMJrZ.jpg

Covent Garden (about 1 PM)

b9eORur.jpg

3lm3d5L.jpg

HUELEN10

Finally back home. Ended up being number 5 in the reserve line, not to shabby! Now it's time to prep, mount, and restore this shit!

And yes, I still think it's WAY too big, even caseless (4.7 in ch version here too).

SuperPac

Yeah I did the line thing for the first 3 or 4 phones. Never again. Getting up at 3 am, sitting in a comfortable chair and hitting reload or relaunching the apple store app are my limits nowadays.

That isn't going to stop me from rushing home when I see that it's been delivered though. :D

mackattk

Cannot get this damn thing in the Speck case. Not sure if it's a manufacturing issue with the cases or if they expect me to push so hard I'm gunna snap the phone. I have a backup Spigen around just in case, though. Here are some pics:

Screen protector was also a bitch to get on :p pack of 3, only got the last one correct. #gooddesign

How are you trying to put the case on? Putting the rubber on first, then the shell on later? That is the hard way of putting those cases on. Try to put the case on with the rubber still in the shell, it should go on much easier. Slide the bottom of the phone to the bottom of the case, and then the top half should go in relatively easy.

Finally back home. Ended up being number 5 in the reserve line, not to shabby! Now it's time to prep, mount, and restore this shit!

And yes, I still think it's WAY too big, even caseless (4.7 in ch version here too).

You will get used to the size within a day or two, then look back at your old iphone and wonder how you ever got by with a screen size that small.

I just checked the status of my phone, and my girlfriends. Mine it listed as "Out for Delivery" while hers still has the "Arrival Scan." It would suck if they don't both get delivered at the same time, as I can't leave the house until they are here. Hoping they arrive somewhat early in the day, but I'll just have to be patient.

muteki

I don't get it either. Obviously everyone can't preorder one for day one but is it worth it to camp for hours or days just to have it on day one? I have never had a problem preordering one but maybe I'm just lucky.

I do wonder what % of the crowd is scalpers though.

It's this one - the rubber is integrated.

Idk what's going on, it just doesn't feel good trying to push it in. :p
I had one for my 5 and it was a pain in the ass to get on too, but once you did it was great. Phone was thicker though so it didn't feel like I was going to break it or anything.

How are you trying to put the case on? Putting the rubber on first, then the shell on later? That is the hard way of putting those cases on. Try to put the case on with the rubber still in the shell, it should go on much easier.
It's this one - the rubber is integrated.

Idk what's going on, it just doesn't feel good trying to push it in. :p

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
I just checked the status of my phone, and my girlfriends. Mine it listed as "Out for Delivery" while hers still has the "Arrival Scan." It would suck if they don't both get delivered at the same time, as I can't leave the house until they are here. Hoping they arrive somewhat early in the day, but I'll just have to be patient.

My UPS stuff typically comes in around 11 AM...so here's to hoping it's that and not in 5 hours or some batshit.

Time to fire up Destiny.

HUELEN10

You will get used to the size within a day or two, then look back at your old iphone and wonder how you ever got by with a screen size that small.
I've used bigger phones one and off for years; I guess they just don't click with me.

That being said, this is already my second-favorite iPhone of all time, I love it!

HBP

Anyone been at the Leawood, KS Apple Store? Wondering how crazy the line is, have a reservation and was hoping to have enough time to pick it up at lunch.

Addnan

The thing I missed most about iPhone is how well they can drive headphones relative to their Samsung and HTC counterparts, so good.

No luck. Apple Store announced they had none in stock at all and said all carriers don't have any 6 Plus's in stock either. Half the line left basically lol. Went to a different AT&T store out of curiosity to see what that would be like and they ran out right when I got there. More people leaving disappointed

Varion

Really need to stop playing around with this thing and actually get some work done so the screen's going off now, but I think the odds of this going back are pretty much zero. Loving the screen size (my old 3.5" screen is feeling tiny already) and while one-handed operation isn't really possible anymore, it accounted for such a small percentage of my usage that the tradeoff definitely feels worth it to me.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just ripped a bluray and watched it on a Note 3. So crisp and gorgeous, and actually watchable on a screen of this size. Can't wait to do it with a 6 Plus.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Crazy.
Whenever Samsung releases a new phone are there ever lines like this? Serious question.

Not a chance, the iPhone is the best selling phone. Hands down. Android phones out sell the iPhone when lumped together. Obviously when you have a hundred different phones and add the sales together to compete with 2 iPhone..

Bacon

Feel bad for the dude dropping his phone in live TV in Perth.

When I got my 4s, I opened the box and the thing went flying out. Luckily I caught it right before it hit the floor (I was on tile too.) Would have been a real bitch for the first thing to happen to the phone was me dropping it.

Really need to stop playing around with this thing and actually get some work done so the screen's going off now, but I think the odds of this going back are pretty much zero. Loving the screen size (my old 3.5" screen is feeling tiny already) and while one-handed operation isn't really possible anymore, it accounted for such a small percentage of my usage that the tradeoff definitely feels worth it to me.

Do you have the 6, or 6 Plus?

Namikaze

Got my 6! Absolutely love the screen size, it's the perfect size IMO. The first thing I did was drop it on the floor, right on the screen by accident LOL. Still looks perfect though.

Ah! My apologies. LOL
Hey! Here's my 4S next to my 6, in the equivalent case :)
The 6 feels sooo nice to type on.

It's a tiny tiny bit too big - I have to adjust my hands to reach the top 25% - but the screen is really nice and typing feels so good.

Only issue is there's a small darker corner at the top right. I'm used to Apple's displays not being top notch but it's a little disappointing. I'm gunna wait it out tho - if it still bugs me by the time the 6 is readily available, I'll send it in for warranty

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Some people do it for fun and it's an interesting way to meet new people. I waited in line for the iPad 2 once and had an interesting conversation with an older guy about the old computers he used to work on that filled a whole room.

Top Bottom