• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

123rl

Ok, I'm confused and I am asking for help.

I have been trying to upload a HD slow motion video and it just won't work. It will upload HD videos without a problem. But if I try and upload a slow motion video it cuts it down to 360p. If I copy the video from my phone to my computer it will play in slow motion through Quicktime. But then when I upload it from there, it's HD but played back at 30fps.

It must be an obvious mistake I'm making somewhere but I can't figure it out

Smidget

iPhone 6 16GB (I know... not a ton of memory.... but I like $100 less....) Out for delivery on FedEx and home from work today. Hopefully my case gets here today too, UPS to USPS says it should get here today. Going without a screen protector.... Come on mail :)

HOLY SHIT sprint not only just sent me my first notification that they had shipped my 6+ but it's also already out for delivery! WTF, that was a hell of a swerve on their end.

Namikaze

TNvrUuy.jpg

64GB white. Gotta love how games scale nicely to the new screen.

Yes guys!!!

I got another delivery bump up.

Bumped up from Tuesday 23rd to Saturday 20th!!!!

Apple UK Online store.

I expect everyone will get big bumps. It's not a bad idea for people who were planning on lining up to just put an order in. You will probably have it in a couple of weeks.

UK Mail have my delivery down as "delayed".

On the phone now to find out what this means for delivery today. It only changed at 3pm and they deliver to 8pm tonight so I'm not sure why it suddenly changed. Who ever said they were nicknamed UK Fail was accurate.

Out for delivery this morning!!! Cmon FedEx lets get this here before lunchtime.

Every White truck I see outside my window makes my heart sink.

So I went out wanting a 6+. Couldn't find it anywhere. Went to Best Buy, they had a display model out. Jesus Christ it was massive. Couldn't believe how obnoxious it was. Went with a 128 GB Space Gray 6 and called it a day.

Tobor

I hate missing out on a launch, but this one kind of snuck up on me. I've been so busy at work.

I'll have to find one when I can, I guess.

Xamdou

They were nice enough to give out free starbucks coffee and employee high fives to the people in line. Local apple store, 10 more minutes!

Juice

I'm doing the UPS tango right now:

1. Walk up to front door with cautious optimism
2. Press face to glass and look left and right to see if UPS truck is on road
3. Look down to see if somehow you missed someone dropping something off
4. Walk back to computer with sadness

hahhaah, my day exactly so far.

turbocat

Kind of a specific question here but...is there anyone out there that wears skinnier jeans (slim straight, skinny, etc) that is using the 6 Plus? I'm wondering how well it's working for your pockets. I've tried a 5.2" phone in my pocket (some LG), but I'd love to hear real-world testimony.

ijm72

AT&T Premier is terrible. Terrible customer service and nonsensical shipping status/updates. Ugh.
They messed up your order? I am on a premier account and ordered a 6+ directly from apple and it should be getting delivered any minute now. I was tempted to order from the AT&T website but now I am glad that I waited and ordered from apple.

Okay, I've been using the 6 for about an hour now (coming from the 4S) and it's already made my 4S feel like a baby phone. I got used to it so quickly. It's really nice, typing is so much easier, it's sooo much quicker than my 4S... I'm not sure how I feel about the size for jeans yet, but I love using it around the house.

I'm not sure if I want to brave the lines, I might pop into my local apple store a bit later and see what the situation is like. I want a 6, so hopefully they received enough stock to have some left over.

Thanks for answering, it's annoying that i can't get an unlocked iPhone anywhere else.

If it were me I'd go tonight or early tomorrow. Which carrier are you going to use? I'm on Eastlink and just got LTE with iOS8. I assume it's because of deals retailers have with the big three, I don't see any unlocked Android devices for sale either.

Any impressions on the protruding camera lenses and whether it's going to be a big issue using the phone without a case? I worry about resting it on flat surfaces without a case. (I don't want to use a case)

mr stroke

Got to att store at 545am thinking I had no chance since one down the street had massive line at 5pm yesterday. 1st person in line and they only had 1 6 plus in stock, close call, got super lucky :)

Time to cancel Apple online pre order

Bgamer90

Banned
They messed up your order? I am on a premier account and ordered a 6+ directly from apple and it should be getting delivered any minute now. I was tempted to order from the AT&T website but now I am glad that I waited and ordered from apple.

I should have ordered from Apple too. I ordered via AT&T as soon as pre-orders went up and I am not getting one until early October. No explanation and little to no updates on the order. Terrible customer service too.

I would be okay with waiting if it was truly "first come first served" but it isn't and it simply doesn't make sense. That's on top of getting little to no alerts/messages about my shipment (& date) -- just inexcusable for a pretty expensive (128 GB Plus) item.

MercuryLS

Banned
If it were me I'd go tonight or early tomorrow. Which carrier are you going to use? I'm on Eastlink and just got LTE with iOS8. I assume it's because of deals retailers have with the big three, I don't see any unlocked Android devices for sale either.

Yeah, I'll probably do that. I'm on Bell, I've got a grandfathered plan that is pretty amazing, 600mins + 6gb LTE (plus all the extras) for $63+tax. I've got no issue buying the phone off contract even if it's a bit pricey. The people that buy it on contract with a shitty plan, what's the point if you can't use the device to its fullest?

Got to the main Apple store in Boston around 8:30ish, they're doing a great job. Really long line for those looking to buy it in store, but the online order line took about 30 minutes. Getting it all synced up now, what a beauty!

Just curious about this: Anyone know Apple's policy for returning cases? The guy who rang me up said I can return a used case within two weeks, but that seems way too generous.

Top Bottom