• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

mackattk

Got to the main Apple store in Boston around 8:30ish, they're doing a great job. Really long line for those looking to buy it in store, but the online order line took about 30 minutes. Getting it all synced up now, what a beauty!

Just curious about this: Anyone know Apple's policy for returning cases? The guy who rang me up said I can return a used case within two weeks, but that seems way too generous.

It is just a case. A lot of retail establishments give a 30 day return window on things like that.

dork

Banned
Every year someone drops one on camera the same exact way..cant believe people havent figured it out. Also i wonder what makes them decide between FedEx/UPS? Some people are getting fedex some are ups?

Kermy

Got to the main Apple store in Boston around 8:30ish, they're doing a great job. Really long line for those looking to buy it in store, but the online order line took about 30 minutes. Getting it all synced up now, what a beauty!

Just curious about this: Anyone know Apple's policy for returning cases? The guy who rang me up said I can return a used case within two weeks, but that seems way too generous.

He's right. You have 2 weeks to return it, no matter the condition.

MickD

Got the last plus (or so I was told) at ATT. 12th in line at a big city (Dallas) store. I saw the guy two behind in line me get a plus as well. Kinda odd to me. Gf and I were both after the same phone (64) and I ended up with a 16 because I hardly use any storage. Didn't even expect to get a phone today just took the deal. She preordered one and the rep was saying Xmas for shipping. This thing is the perfect size! My thumbs are hurting a bit heh

The 16 gig iphone 6 is really, really small but ESPECIALLY small on the 6+. As apps update to accommodate the larger screens, the sizes of apps will inflate as part of generating higher res assets. You add to that higher res video recording/pictures and it's gonna get tight. The 16 gig 6+ is really closer to an 8 gig phone once that happens, and people who have the 16 gig will be suffocating under the limited amount of memory it offers.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
I ended up with a 16 because I hardly use any storage.

Oof... I hope you're right. 16GB feels so insanely tight to manage. My wife has a 16GB 5S and it's murder to try and free up space. It's all pictures/videos...like 20 apps total.

Awesome that you guys got the phone, though!

Bacon

II4rABH.png

This is the bane of my existence. I check it every oh, 30 minutes or so.
I'm not crazy

badb0y

I should have ordered from Apple too. I ordered via AT&T as soon as pre-orders went up and I am not getting one until early October. No explanation and little to no updates on the order. Terrible customer service too.

I would be okay with waiting if it was truly "first come first served" but it isn't and it simply doesn't make sense. That's on top of getting little to no alerts/messages about my shipment (& date) -- just inexcusable for a pretty expensive (128 GB Plus) item.

I should have gone with my gut and waited for the Apple online store to come back online.

This is truly baffling, some people pre-ordered before the AT&T site even came online and even they didn't get their phones on release day.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
smells like coffee and stale urine at the apple store In Killadelphia right now.(Walnut)

Gotta love those manhole covers that just spew visible rotten egg gas all over the streets!

Got mine. I hope it lives up to the hype. (It's my first phone too.)

Your first phone?

Do you know which end to hold up to your ear?

If you need any help dialing numbers, just ask. I believe most numbers in the terrestrial US are 10 digits. You can find many phone numbers in the phone book. Try dialing a few and making new friends.

AlexMogil

Frankly I would just order the plus from apple.com and wait. "Settling" on a color is one thing. Settling on hardware config should just not be done.

I ended up going into the store and comparing the sizes of the 6 and the 6 plus and decided to not settle for the 6. The 6's screen was nice but the size, potential battery life, and the resolution made me make a retreat. I can't settle, I want the 6 Plus. Verizon will call me.

Or... will I have a better chance just ordering it online today and waiting, I wonder? The store said it could be a week it could be a month, but they would call me. I tend to not believe them, myself.

I ended up going into the store and comparing the sizes of the 6 and the 6 plus and decided to not settle for the 6. The 6's screen was nice but the size, potential battery life, and the resolution made me make a retreat. I can't settle, I want the 6 Plus. Verizon will call me.

Or... will I have a better chance just ordering it online today and waiting, I wonder? The store said it could be a week it could be a month, but they would call me. I tend to not believe them, myself.

Place an order in today. You should be able to cancel if you find what you want sooner.

I have two online orders placed. One with Bell (my carrier) and one with Apple since I imagine they will restock faster.

BFIB

Called my local T-Mobile. They have 16, 64 and 128GB's in stock. Now to decide to JUMP! from my M8. I really like everything about it, minus the camera.

mackattk

I could have saved them a ton of money by letting them know that mixing glass with concrete results in shattered glass.

Still makes you realize just how fragile these things are. I realize the visual appeal of not having a case for your phone, but protect your investment and buy a case guys. Pretty scary how a four foot accidental drop can not only crack your screen, it will protrude from the phone a little.

Either way, I am sure he is financially coming out ahead given the view count.

Chiggs

Gold Member
T-Mobile is appallingly incompetent. They can't even find more order, are asking me if I'm sure I placed it, and now are telling me that the order doesn't exist.

I ordered this last week at launch using JUMP!.

BearPawB

Banned
Anyone who got their phone from verizon having trouble activating?
Im not even sure what to do
I called the number in the booklet, but that didn't do anything

subrock

I plan on auto-uploading to OneDrive so I can delete photos quickly.

If iOS 8 doesn't have auto-upload like Windows Phone, then I'm screwed.
It does. You can auto upload to iCloud drive, and keep only the optimized version on your phone. Should be a lifesaver for the 16gigers out there.

Jomjom

Banned
Whoa, you mean something like this one?

HMMMMMM

Only problem would be having my nekked Plus for the couple days it'll take to get here.

How's it do with lint? Since it's clear can you see build up? Or around the edges of the power/volume/etc cutouts? I mean, taking it out of the case to clean it isn't a deal breaker unless it's something I'm gonna have to do on a daily basis. And it's soft but not soft enough to be.. "sticky" I guess would be the proper term?

Yup just like that.

They dont get lint at all because they arent sticky like silicone. Also after being in heat, they dont expand like silicone. The cases are snug so nothing gets caught in between the case and phone like silicone does. Its hard to describe, but TPU is only soft in the sense that it flexs, but its not soft like silicone at all. Its not squishy in the sense that you can squeeze it, but soft enough where you can make an impression if you press your nail into it hard. If youve ever had a self-healing cutting mat, id say TPU is about that level of softness.

I never took my 5 out of its case to clean any lint in between the case and the phone in the year that I had it. My pockets are also never that linty though.

Top Bottom