• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Bowser

ZPFl1bu.jpg

;_;

I can't hold at a FedEx location because AT&T/Apple doesn't allow it and FedEx can't change the shipping address because of restrictions.

Fucking hell.

BTW this was my first and last time in line for an iPhone it was too tiring
But worth it as I originally had an apple pre order delivering on October 20. I cancelled the order while I was in line and att eligibility came back in 5 minutes

Got in line at my Verizon corp store, 19th place at 8am. I had a lot to accomplish, including trading in my iPhone 5, canceling a verizonwireless.com order for the 6+ that I changed my mind about, and changing from the unlimited plan to the $60 2GB loyalty plan. The whole thing ended up costing $129.99 for the iPhone 6 64GB Silver after my trade in and upgrade fee. Very smooth process. I'm stoked.

The Verizon people did try to sell me everything under the sun when I was there though, including iPads, home phone service, insurance, accessory bundles, screen protectors, and even ringtones, but I stood firm and politely declined it all. :)

This thing is sexy, coming from a black 5 to a white 6. Always have had black phones but the white one really does it for me.

Yeah man, the line was really really long. I just walked into the Tmobile store that was across the street and picked one up there. Only like 3 people in line.

nice- im afraid to look at my phone in public because its fucking HUGE-will wait for the return at the office

Some guy on Macrumors is saying his AT&T 6+ order which was "preparing to ship" after 10/2 showed up via UPS today out of the blue. Seems pretty fantastical to me, but maybe UPS My Choice isn't 100% reliable.

Psykoboy2

It's huge, but damn if it doesn't feel smaller than I was anticipating - which is a good thing. It actually really fits well with my giant ass hands.

T-Mobile is appallingly incompetent. They can't even find more order, are asking me if I'm sure I placed it, and now are telling me that the order doesn't exist.

I ordered this last week at launch using JUMP!.

I probably got yours. I went on tmobile.com last week just to see how much it would cost me to upgrade without jump.never hit the submit button and exited, sent me an email 3 days later telling me my iphone 6 will be delivered september 25th. never gave them my credit card info, called them up, they tell me " guess you are lucky, here is your tracking number" i dont see a charge for this either" sorry guy, i will prob send it back anyways

Bacon

I probably got yours. I went on tmobile.com last week just to see how much it would cost me to upgrade without jump.never hit the submit button and exited, sent me an email 3 days later telling me my iphone 6 will be delivered september 25th. never gave them my credit card info, called them up, they tell me " guess you are lucky, here is your tracking number" i dont see a charge for this either" sorry guy, i will prob send it back anyways

You're getting a free phone and sending it back? WHY?

iPhones are falling out of trees.

An-Det

I'm setting up my 6 now. Going pretty smoothly besides setting up Touch ID, which keeps saying to cover the home button completely.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Phone arrived, I'm in heaven...phone is so much sleeker in my hand than I thought it'd be.

SIGNING OFF! PHONE SHIT TO DO!

6+ MASTER RACE

bionic77

Phone arrived, I'm in heaven...phone is so much sleeker in my hand than I thought it'd be.

SIGNING OFF! PHONE SHIT TO DO!

6+ MASTER RACE
I played with it today and I hated how big it felt when I held it up to my head.

I am one of those olds who still makes phone calls.

Definitely going with the regular 6.

Felt like a good evolution from the 5. I am not ready for phones as big as the plus.

Kemal86

Is the App Store totally fucked for anyone else? I can't download the apps from my old phone. Just keeps telling me my phone can't connect to the store.

iMax

Is the App Store totally fucked for anyone else? I can't download the apps from my old phone. Just keeps telling me my phone can't connect to the store.

Yup I think I'm stuck in a loop now because I wasn't asked to accept terms & conditions and now I can't trigger it to ask me.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
And I'm back! Restoring from iCould :D

sangreal

nice, my plan to pay ups $5 for a confirmed delivery time on an amazon package coming today worked. now to wait for this conference call to end so I can setup my new 6+

Bowser

Was your address off by one letter or something?

I share an account with my parents and siblings because it is under our family business account (good deal, it's 5 lines, unlimited talk/text, and 10GB data I think for like $200ish) - thus, I couldn't order on Apple myself due to the account type not being supported or order from AT&T because I'm not the primary account holder. Of course, when ordering over the phone, the rep that took the order from my mom didn't put the floor of the giant commercial building I work in (345 Park, it's the NFL HQ coincidentally lol). Looks like I'll be able to pick it up from a FedEx hold facility though after some hassling, but not until after 7pm *sigh*

Bullza2o

It does. You can auto upload to iCloud drive, and keep only the optimized version on your phone. Should be a lifesaver for the 16gigers out there.

Is it just iCloud only? I have like 200GB on OneDrive, 12GB on Dropbox, and 15GB on Google Drive. 5GB on iCloud won't suffice.

Also, I can't upload full quality pictures??

Varion

Is everyone's box blank on top?
Yep, that's how they're meant to be. Couldn't believe there's literally no difference on the boxes between the 6 and the 6 plus except for a) the size of the box (I suppose) and b) it has what model it is written in small letters on the bottom. That's it.

sangreal

I think the 6+ size is perfect, and space grey looks waaay better in person than pictures

I also dropped mine out of the box like that kid. fortunately it only fell a few inches

Cuphead

Banned
Yep, that's how they're meant to be. Couldn't believe there's literally no difference on the boxes between the 6 and the 6 plus except for a) the size of the box (I suppose) and b) it has what model it is written in small letters on the bottom. That's it.

Looks kind of silly but hey it's just a box.
I bet the black silhouette ones look nice unless those are blank too.

Varion

Looks kind of silly but hey it's just a box.
I bet the black silhouette ones look nice unless those are blank too.
Haven't seen one of the black ones in person or anything, but a quick glance at unboxing videos on Youtube makes it look like those are blank too. Which is weird, but there you go.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Went to restore from iCloud and it asked me to input password for "staceysmith558@yahoo.com" to restore my purchases....that's not my username wtf.

Lkr

iCloud restore is impossible right now and I keep getting an iTunes error saying that i need to reinstall. looks like i'm not leaving the house today

Top Bottom