• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Went to a T-Mobile store at about 6 a.m. and lined up. I was 8th in line, and there were probably twenty in total when 8 a.m. rolled around. They came out and told us that pretty much no stores in the Pacific Northwest got the 6 Plus in and that we could order it, but it wouldn't ship for 6 to 8 weeks. I had already given up on the 6, so I happily went with a 6 in Silver and 128GB (I wanted 64, but for Silver, they had only 10 models of the 128GB and no other configurations).

Just setting things up, but I'm really pleased with this so far. Coming from an Xperia Z1s, this thing feels light and tiny, but the screen size is quite nice. Beautiful looking screen, too. I actually like the aesthetic of the device much more in person than from the pictures I've seen online.

My opinion may change when I get to play with a Plus, but for now, I think this might have been the right decision.

nikos

Posting from my iPhone 6. It's glorious. Much better to type on than the 5/5S, even for someone with hands on the smaller side.

I'm generally anti-case but picked up a while silicon case. I ended up taking it off of the phone before I even left the store. It's a pretty nice case, but it's a lint magnet and kills the curved glass, which is a really nice feature on the new phone. On the other hand, the camera protrudes and I'm naturally paranoid about the phone because it's brand new. Not sure what to do, but I think I might return it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is it just iCloud only? I have like 200GB on OneDrive, 12GB on Dropbox, and 15GB on Google Drive. 5GB on iCloud won't suffice.

Also, I can't upload full quality pictures??

onedrive app will upload your full resolution pics and videos to onedrive just fine

rezuth

I played with it today and I hated how big it felt when I held it up to my head.

I am one of those olds who still makes phone calls.

Definitely going with the regular 6.

Felt like a good evolution from the 5. I am not ready for phones as big as the plus.

I am a person who makes a lot of calls but you have a headset for a reason.

Addnan

Why do I have this stupid loading thing. I don't know if it is syncing something somewhere or what. There whether I am on mobile data or wifi.

Pqq2aDj.jpg

mackattk

God dammit, I went from thinking I wouldn't have my phone anywhere close to day one, to being told it would ship today, to saying it's out for delivery. But I could print a pre auth form and am working a 15 hour day. Fuck.

Fake faint. Its your ticket out.

SleazyC

Anyone walk in and buy an unlocked phone (not T-mobile unlocked) but an actual legit unlocked AT&T or Verizon phone?

I've read that Apple doesn't start offering them until around after a month of launch.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Holy shit, I've used my 6+ for less than 20 minutes and I went back to my 5S to sign into iCloud to validate stuff...and typing on the 5S feels comical.

Like shit is for babies.

kaskade

You get those emails when someone shares a copy of a song online. If you download it the purchased email gets put on your account. You have to delete the songs or convert them to get that info off there.

Yeul

Holy shit, I've used my 6+ for less than 20 minutes and I went back to my 5S to sign into iCloud to validate stuff...and typing on the 5S feels comical.

Like shit is for babies.

Same for me except I'm going from 4S to 6+. And I have small hands but 6+ still feels so nice~

ckohler

I still have the original iPhone unlimited data plan (AT&T). Have you guys been able to keep your unlimited plan with your new iPhone 6s?

HUELEN10

Mr. "I hate big phones" here. You know, I am glad the Plus exists, it makes my phone seem smaller than it actually is, making me enjoy it more.

Honestly, props for Apple giving the consumer a choice in size; may there always be choice from now on!

Mr. "I hate big phones" here. You know, I am glad the Plus exists, it makes my phone seem smaller than it actually is, making me enjoy it more.

Honestly, props for Apple giving the consumer a choice in size; may there always be choice from now on!

I'm curious if they will replace the 5S in the next two years with a new model of the same size. I'm sure there are people who don't want a 4.7 or 5.5.

Bell hasn't even received their phones yet. Apparently people who ordered in stores have to wait till the shipment arrives around 6pm. People who ordered online won't even have them shipped out until tonight.

What in the actual fuck!?

Need them 6+ device pictures.

We need proper comparison pics.

Smidget

Got my 2 16GB iPhone 6s from AT&T premier delivered. Restoring in progress! Just waiting for USPS to deliver the cases today....

Why do I have this stupid loading thing. I don't know if it is syncing something somewhere or what. There whether I am on mobile data or wifi.
Did you restore from iCloud? Can take a LONG time, 20+ hours depending on your backup size.

I'm so sad that I don't get to participate in the shenanigans this year due to the CF that was preordering. My 128 GB Gold 6 Plus has been "preparing to ship" for two days with a delivery date between 10/1 and 10/6. :(

kidko

Posting from my iPhone 6. It's glorious. Much better to type on than the 5/5S, even for someone with hands on the smaller side.

I'm generally anti-case but picked up a while silicon case. I ended up taking it off of the phone before I even left the store. It's a pretty nice case, but it's a lint magnet and kills the curved glass, which is a really nice feature on the new phone. On the other hand, the camera protrudes and I'm naturally paranoid about the phone because it's brand new. Not sure what to do, but I think I might return it.

Thanks for the notes on the silicon case. I was afraid it'd be like that. Did you get a chance to check out a leather case?

LCfiner

Tried out a demo iphone 6 at the apple store today at lunch. I’m pretty sure I still prefer the 4” screen size for about 80% of the things I read and work with on the phone.

If i shift up my hand, i can cover all the buttons on the screen, but then i need to move the hand back down for the home button. with my hand down to access the home button, I need reachability or another hand to access buttons at the opposite upper corner of my thumb.

and it’s not always a back arrow that has been replaced by a swipe.

in Maps, the directions button is upper left corner. can’t hit it with right thumb.

in safari, reload button is upper right corner. can’t hit it with left thumb.

in the itunes store, the categories button is the upper left corner.

etc.

so the layout of buttons in some apps require hand repositioning or the reachability mode. no surprise that this is the case but it’s annoying at first use for someone who hasn’t had to think about that over 7 years of iPhones.

the big screen is nicer when viewing full webpages with multiple columns, or for viewing pictures and video. But, for my use, I still prefer having the 100% unhindered one handed use of the 4” screen more often than the larger screen size for other things.

on the hardware side, the pill shape with rounded edges really makes it feel like a totally different device than the last 4 iPhones. It’s comfortable but I think I got too used to the chunky iphone 4 and 5 and it feels weird at first going back to a device with curved sides.

I didnt even bother playing around with the 6+. I’ve handled a galaxy note before and know that fabulist aren’t my thing at all. a guy next to me did pick up the 6+ at the demo table and immediately put it in his jacket pocket. just slipped it into and out of the pocket a half dozen times and left.

Top Bottom