• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Interfectum

So how do you completely disable the apple keyboard so it always defaults to Swift? Like I type my username with the Swift but defaults back to Apple for password?

Go into your keyboard settings, hit edit and just delete the standard keyboard.

NVM: misread what you said. I was having a problem with my keyboard reverting back to default at random times. deleting the standard keyboard stopped that.

Guess Who

Banned
So how do you completely disable the apple keyboard so it always defaults to Swift? Like I type my username with the Swift but defaults back to Apple for password?

Third-party keyboards aren't allowed to type in password fields, because third-party keyboards can transmit key input data over the network.

RkOwnage

Is there a way to disable the predictive text portion of SwiftKey? I'm still using my 5C and I don't like how it cuts off a portion of the chat window.

Just curious.

AlexMogil

I didnt even bother playing around with the 6+. I’ve handled a galaxy note before and know that fabulist aren’t my thing at all. a guy next to me did pick up the 6+ at the demo table and immediately put it in his jacket pocket. just slipped it into and out of the pocket a half dozen times and left.

... he stole it?

Liberty4all

Banned
Get her a dumb phone and a new iPad would be my idea.

We did think about that ... (getting her an iPad mini) with a new dumphone. Thing is she has almost 300 Fido dollars so if we go the phone route it won't cost anything aside from the 2 year contract.

HUELEN10

Fuck it, I still think it's too big, and yet I think now, after hours of toying with it and tweaking to my liking, that it is the best iPhone ever made. It's so good, it absolutely transcends this preference of mine.

Cupertino, you did good.

Interfectum

Fuck it, I still think it's too big, and yet I think now, after hours of toying with it and tweaking to my liking, that it is the best iPhone ever made. It's so good, it absolutely transcends this preference of mine.

Cupertino, you did good.

Your transition to the dark side is almost complete.

Do tell. I've heard that if you order through Apple, it makes you choose a tiered data plan, but if you put your old sim card in the new phone, your contract date will extend but your data plan will remain intact. Truth??
No, it let me keep my plan, didn't make me choose a tiered plan at all. The day I preordered, my receipt that was emailed showed "unlimited data".

antigoon

My dad and I got new iPhones today. I've never had one before, while he upgraded from his 5s. I've activated iCloud and have it syncing my contacts. When I do this, I get HIS contacts. We 100% definitely have separate Apple accounts.

WTF??

Also, Swiftkey for iPhone doesn't have a dedicated comma key and is generally much worse than its android counterpart. I hope they improve it quickly.

S¡mon

Banned
My dad and I got new iPhones today. I've never had one before, while he upgraded from his 5s. I've activated iCloud and have it syncing my contacts. When I do this, I get HIS contacts. We 100% definitely have separate Apple accounts.

WTF??

Also, Swiftkey for iPhone doesn't have a dedicated comma key and is generally much worse than its android counterpart. I hope they improve it quickly.

Maybe he is using your iCloud account.

I just got a T-Mobile iPhone 6 for full retail price in the States and I popped my Virgin Mobile Canadian sim card in there and it grabs AT&T network in the States.

So yeah, all T-Mobile iPhone 6 will work with any non American sims.

Schlep

As others have said, more pics. I'm getting a Note 4, but my 12 years as an Apple fan still has me living vicariously as well lol.

So i woke up late after coming from work. What are the chances of getting a 6 64gb/128gb from the apple store in ny? I plan on going at night. Will they sell off all stock end of day?

billeh

That's crazy, just popped in my 4G SIM from my iPhone 5 and the iPhone 6 just works .. I'm on Verizon, and it has never been this easy to activate.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Well, that's it: T-Mobile informed me that, despite my pre-order being placed on 9/12 using JUMP!, my device will not be delivered until 10/14.

Not getting the new iPhone on launch day is not the end of the world, but I am confused as to how some of friends and co-workers are receiving their devices--through the same company--as early as today...when many of them ordered later than I did.

Smidget

That's crazy, just popped in my 4G SIM from my iPhone 5 and the iPhone 6 just works .. I'm on Verizon, and it has never been this easy to activate.

Been waiting for a while with AT&T now. I did get a new SIM, so that with a ton of other people doing the same thing isn't helping in activating it I guess!

I keep getting this message that prevents ME from updating or re downloading Whatsapp

h79Dk8Jl.jpg

Do tell. I've heard that if you order through Apple, it makes you choose a tiered data plan, but if you put your old sim card in the new phone, your contract date will extend but your data plan will remain intact. Truth??

When I originally went from a 3GS to a 4S and ordered through Apple's website, it already detected that I had an unlimited data plan so it was actually greyed out all the other plans. There were no issues there. When I upgraded to the 5S in December in person at the Apple store, the employee ran through everything with me and also noted that my unlimited data was still in tact.

So dunno where you heard that but I've kept my unlimited data for 2 upgrades without any problems.

AT&T here.

Surprised that something like Asphalt 8 doesn't exactly amaze with its visuals and performance on an iPhone6. Maybe I was expecting too much.

The Epic Zen Garden demo is a bit choppy as well.

You know whats crazy, I actually feel like the iPhone 6 is kind of small. I have small hands so I assumed it would be much bigger. Now I wish I went for the 6+...

But I'd rather have this phone now than wait months.

george_us

My delivery estimate for an iPhone 6 is Oct-3-8, so jealous of you all. I'm ready to get rid of my 4, busted home button and all, plus upgrading from iOS4 to iOS8 is going to be a revelation.

v0yce

Yay! iPhone 6 64gb Space Gray just arrived.

I was really worried about the size but initially it feels better in the hand than the 5. I still dream of a return to the 4 size but hopefully this will grow on me.

Bacon

You know whats crazy, I actually feel like the iPhone 6 is kind of small. I have small hands so I assumed it would be much bigger. Now I wish I went for the 6+...

But I'd rather have this phone now than wait months.

I highly doubt you would have to wait months for the plus.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
We did think about that ... (getting her an iPad mini) with a new dumphone. Thing is she has almost 300 Fido dollars so if we go the phone route it won't cost anything aside from the 2 year contract.

That's a huge cost over time. I don't know what Fido is or what country that is, but I bet you can get a free dumb phone with an unlimited voice plan for very cheap. You'll save a ton of money in the long term if you don't need a data plan.

Top Bottom