• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

murgo

By god, this phone is absolutely amazing. I had quite a few doubts, but using it in person erased of all them. Best phone I've ever used. I'm in love <3

So the spigen Neo hybrid case for the 6 is kinda fuckin weak. Is any one else having the most ridiculous time pressing buttons on this thing? Like it takes an inordinate amount of force to just press the power and volume buttons

DazzlingImpureEyelashpitviper.gif

I'm cringing so hard I look like Jaws

The joys of being on the S cycle launch, never experiencing ridiculous lines at launch.

4S online reservation through Apple was annoying, but painless (other than lost some sleep). Didn't bother with the 5S at launch and waited until December to just walk in and buy it with no issues.

I do need to go stop by AT&T to check when exactly my 2-year contract expires as it expired in July 2013 but I bought my 5S in December 2013. Anytime I try to use *369#, all I get is that I'm eligible for AT&T Next rather than telling me when I'm eligible for the 2-year pricing.

Rpgmonkey

Picked mine up from UPS around 9, just now getting to really play around with it.

My two main thoughts are that the focus pixel thing is kinda trippy, and the black levels/contrast on the screen is pretty amazing. I have the clock app against a dark area of that stock dark galaxy wallpaper, and the black portions of the app icon seem to almost totally blend in.

Screen size is nice, a little awkward having to rely even more on the gestures instead of the buttons to navigate quickly, but I'll get used to it.

Smidget

So the spigen Neo hybrid case for the 6 is kinda fuckin weak. Is any one else having the most ridiculous time pressing buttons on this thing? Like it takes an inordinate amount of force to just press the power and volume buttons

I guess I'll know when it's delivered :( That doesn't sound good.

Looks like some of the newer reviews on Amazon mention the buttons, darnit!

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-S...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Typing from my 6+ Coming from a 5, this is going to take some serious getting used to. Beautiful screen, beautiful product. Wow.

Well...that's just unfortunate.

I'm stick rocking my Note 2, waiting for the Note 4 to come out that phone is going to be rad.

I don't particularity like Apple, mainly due to their business practice of "You use out idea we'll sue you, then we'll copy your idea and call it our own!" Like the how they put a notification bar, did the NFC, now bigger phones like the Notes. Personally I have no problems with companies using other companies ideas to perfect their phone, I WANT that it helps technology advance and progress even faster. My concern is when a company sues others for copying their ideas, then snatches other companies ideas, that's just low.

Bgamer90

Banned
Called AT&T Premier. First time I've done so.

Rep stated that shipping dates were set to October even though many in that category pre-ordered early (within first hour) because of a problem with "Apple's system".

Seemed like a very generic answer to me. She did say that I should get an e-mail with a tracking number (finally) sometime this weekend so that's good I guess. We'll see.

Ovid

Fuck me, my Tmobile online order still shows processed with a delivery date of saturday but haven't got a shipping email. I tried to go in store and get one but they said I need to go online to cancel and they couldn't do it there. Went online and the rep said that since it's processed they can't cancel the order. I'm having the thing shipped to my work which is closed tomorrow, argh!
Does UPS deliver on Saturday? I know FedEx does.

xsarien

daedsiluap
6+ is amazing. Holding both I'm definitely glad I went 6+. Shame I ordered though my carrier and have to wait a bit.

Honestly, though? I waited on an iPhone line once. Once. It was because I literally had nothing better to do for several hours; firmly in the "Why the hell not?" camp.

But ever since I've just ordered from Verizon. I'll take waiting a couple of days over having to ask Some Dude to hold my spot because I really have to pee. You're doing yourself a favor. :)

Zalman

I currently have an iPhone 5, and I don't plan on upgrading for many years. However, I always follow these announcements and I'm very interested in seeing what people think about the screen sizes. I never really longed for a bigger screen than I have right now. I think it's pretty much perfect. Whenever I decide to upgrade, I'll probably just go with the smaller model. I like to use my phone with one hand. That said, I'm excited to try these new ones out myself in-store. Maybe I'll change my mind when the time comes.

How long does it usually take to port a number? I might be carrying around 2 phones today.

If you have a SIM card don't you just need to put it in and that's it? I guess you could also go to your service provider and ask them to do it, they do it in a few minutes from my experience.

I'm jelly of ya'll getting your iPhone 6 Pluses, but I'm sticking to my plan of waiting til next year. That is one sexy mofo of a phone.

I guess I'll know when it's delivered :( That doesn't sound good.

Looks like some of the newer reviews on Amazon mention the buttons, darnit!

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-S...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I feel like they just got the dimensions of the phone but never actually tested the case out on an actua device. I kinda flexed the case and pressed the buttons hoping it'd be a matter of break in, and the power button is a bit more responsive but the volume buttons take a ridiculous amount of force to trigger. Very disappointing. Otherwise, the build on the case seems to be excellent

Mdot

I might be an idiot, but do I need to move my SIM from 4S to my new 6? The iCloud back up moved everything over, but I can't make calls and my texts aren't going through iMessage (haven't received anything back yet either). Haven't done this in a while so forgive my ignorance.

sangreal

I might be an idiot, but do I need to move my SIM from 4S to my new 6? The iCloud back up moved everything over, but I can't make calls and my texts aren't going through iMessage (haven't received anything back yet either). Haven't done this in a while so forgive my ignorance.

They're not the same size. You should have gotten a new sim with the phone (it's probably in there already)

Sounds like your phone hasn't been activated

Jomjom

Banned
Fuck me, my Tmobile online order still shows processed with a delivery date of saturday but haven't got a shipping email. I tried to go in store and get one but they said I need to go online to cancel and they couldn't do it there. Went online and the rep said that since it's processed they can't cancel the order. I'm having the thing shipped to my work which is closed tomorrow, argh!

How are you checking online order status right now? Every time I log into my account, enter the order ID and billing zip code I get a message that says order status doesn't work right now and to try later. It's been like this ever since the preorder day.

Alchemy

I wonder what the state of things will be once my 5C and iPad Air start to feel long in the tooth. I can't imagine I'm going to need or want a tablet if I ever get a larger phone.

knitoe

Called AT&T Premier. First time I've done so.

Rep stated that shipping dates were set to October even though many in that category pre-ordered early (within first hour) because of a problem with "Apple's system".

Seemed like a very generic answer to me. She did say that I should get an e-mail with a tracking number (finally) sometime this weekend so that's good I guess. We'll see.
Premier customers got fucked. Who knows how far we got pushed back compare to regular customers. Seeing people that ordered hours after me getting theirs makes me pissed. At this point, I don't believe a thing what ATT says. I'll just take it as a learnt lesson to never order anything from ATT again.

Bgamer90

Banned
Premier customers got fucked. Who knows how far we got pushed back compare to regular customers. Seeing people that ordered hours after me getting theirs makes me pissed. That this point, I don't believe a thing what ATT says. I'll just take it as a learnt lesson to never order anything from ATT again.

Yep. 100% agree.

Corgi

Banned
tired of job hunting for the day, so went adventuring.

AT&T stores had 6 in stock. 6+ out, had limited 6+.

Best Buy never got any 6+ at all.

radioshack got neither.

Target won't get any until next week.

Apple Store, waited 3 hours in line just to learn they just ran out of 6+ about a dozen people ahead of me. :(

Seems like best bet for a 6+ is to show up at an apple store mid week early in the morning.

Doesn't seem like other retailers will get much or any 6+ anytime soon.

Got my 6 a short time ago. Had zero issues activating (it took a minute or two tops), and restoring my back-up from iTunes was done in a flash. Been spending some time configuring it to my liking, and getting things back to normal.

Beautiful phone. The screen is amazing. Need to head out to run some errands. Get to test it out in the real world. Great upgrade coming from the 4S. Such a massive step.

Guess Who

Banned
Coming from an iPhone 5, it's really weird to adjust to having Touch ID. I keep instinctively sliding to unlock and put in my passcode before I remember, oh, right, finger.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
What an ugly box. Wtf was Apple thinking?

Coming from an iPhone 5, it's really weird to adjust to having Touch ID. I keep instinctively sliding to unlock and put in my passcode before I remember, oh, right, finger.

This is going to take about 1.5 hours to get used to and then (provided you have an ipad) you are going to login to your ipad and say "omfg this is so annoying!!!!!!!!!"

trust me. touch id changed how I view security access. Them adding it now to some of my most used apps? OMFG. They day of never needing another password is coming soon to a phone near you.

xnipx

Anybody been able to restore from iCloud? I'm getting 2-3 hour wait on a strong wifi connection. Just had to set it up as new didn't have time for all that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
We did think about that ... (getting her an iPad mini) with a new dumphone. Thing is she has almost 300 Fido dollars so if we go the phone route it won't cost anything aside from the 2 year contract.

Sure but your contract is still going to be expensive. Don't they sell ipads?

Seems like it would be best to get a cheaper phone so whatever they have that is cheap - 5c?

I went from a 4S to the 5S and I initially had that problem too but adjusted right away.

Also, don't forget to register other fingerprints. I usually unlock with either of my thumbs, depending on what hand I'm holding the phone in and have registered both as well as my index fingerprints for when the phone's on a flat surface.

Top Bottom