• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Clipse

Ordered a 6+ from Apple.com after this mornings Verizon fail. Am I really looking at 3-4 weeks for delivery or is that just a very rough estimate?

The curved glass display is tripping me out. It feels like the image is floating on top of the screen. So damned good. Very tempted to go case less at the moment but I know I'm gonna drop this thing like at least 50 times

Bacon

Ordered a 6+ from Apple.com after this mornings Verizon fail. Am I really looking at 3-4 weeks for delivery or is that just a very rough estimate?

I don't think anyone really knows but I have a sneaking suspicion that they are just being cautions with their estimates. I doubt it will take that long.

Just saw it. Looks nice but I feel like it's thin to the point of being a drawback. It's so hard to hold and insanely slippery if you're going to use it without a case.

The 6 Plus makes it 10x worse lol.

acksman

Just got my Space Grey 6 plus 128 in delivered. It is so pretty and very light for as big as it looks.

Also the landscape icons are freaking me out. I think I broke something each time it happens.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Coming from an iPhone 5, it's really weird to adjust to having Touch ID. I keep instinctively sliding to unlock and put in my passcode before I remember, oh, right, finger.
Best thing is, you don't even have to lift the finger. Press the button, release it but keep finger on it, split second later it unlocks. Faster than swiping too, because the touchID detection is faster on 6 than it was on 5s.

sangreal

Anybody been able to restore from iCloud? I'm getting 2-3 hour wait on a strong wifi connection. Just had to set it up as new didn't have time for all that.

You can ignore that estimated time.. That includes all the time to download your pictures and stuff. It should reboot after 2 or 3 minutes and let you into your phone

I wish it copied my google authenticator... having to set that up again for all these accounts is going to be a pita

jcm

Mine was the same with the HTC One. Got the phone on release day FYI.

Holy shit. I saw this post last night, and kind of blew it off, because I have UPS my choice, so if something is coming I get an email letting me know. This morning my order status changed to order processing, and I figured maybe I'll get them next week. Now my order status says it was shipped today, and has a tracking number. And that tracking number says it was shipped yesterday, and is out for delivery? Hot damn, I'm back in the game. I'll never doubt you again. :)

rude

Banned
Just got back from the extremely convoluted process of buying an iPhone at Best Buy. Preordered a 16GB but by 11 it had yet to be shipped to the store. Decided to say fuck it and got the last 64GB from my carrier. Very happy.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Best thing is, you don't even have to lift the finger. Press the button, release it but keep finger on it, split second later it unlocks. Faster than swiping too, because the touchID detection is faster on 6 than it was on 5s.

really think this is just iOS8 in general. Pretty sure it's the same sensor. iOS8 is much faster and more accurate on my 5s. My left thumb was like 60% recognition AT BEST as of 7.1.2 (and at launch was like 40% maybe). Now it's 100% and fast. Sometimes my home screen will come up almost as soon as my display turns on.

edit - touch id was always fine for me. My right hand (thumb and pointer) was always at like 100%. For some reason, my left thumb was just bad.. I rescanned it once and it was still just awful. now with iOS8 though it's near flawless on that hand and still flawless on my right hand.

mackattk

Just got back from the extremely convoluted process of buying an iPhone at Best Buy. Preordered a 16GB but by 11 it had yet to be shipped to the store. Decided to say fuck it and got the last 64GB from my carrier. Very happy.

You will probably be glad you got the 64GB later down the line. 16GB these days is just not enough for me, personally.

Just came back from the Bell store and had the chance to try out the 6+. Honestly, it didn't feel that big at all. Some of the comments from around the net suggested that it was obnoxiously big. It felt large but not so big I couldn't use it day-to-day.

The regular 6 looked great as well but I found myself constantly gravitating towards the Plus. That says a lot about my decision to stick with it.

I talked to the manager of the store about shipments. She told me that the 6+ was sold out, which I expected.

I mentioned the fact that it seemed to be the less shipped of the two and she emphatically disagreed with that. She said the demand for the 6+ is huge and that her allotment went pretty much all to preorders and that is why there isn't any for walk-ins. She had the 6 to sell right then and there but she was out of the 6+, but she was confident they would be getting weekly shipments of it.

That put my mind at ease that I shouldn't have to wait too long for my phone.

sangreal

My 6+ and 5 as imagined by my shitty ois-less motorola xoom

phone.png

ReAxion

I got an email yesterday saying my order was being processed and they'll let me know when I can pick it up at the store. Haven't gotten that email yet. Gettin kinda nervy.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So....is there a nice article that has all the new features that iPhone 6 has? I'm from a 5 but I don't know what to activate.

Smidget

So when you go back into your text messages with the Swiftkey, are you always starting a couple messages before and then have to scroll down? Seems like that for me :/

So when you go back into your text messages with the Swiftkey, are you always starting a couple messages before and then have to scroll down? Seems like that for me :/

I have that issue on the 5S.

I say it bumps up a couple of times.

At least I hope.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
I tried out Threes on the store model.

It was Threes.

Seriously, I want to hear some good gaming impressions as well.

Someone who has it should make a thread.
I just played a bit of Asphalt 8. Runs nice. Looks nice.

Happens to me too on my 5s when using Swype or the default keyboard... I think it's a bug in iOS 8 right now, but it's damn annoying.

Top Bottom