• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

MercuryLS

Banned
I just held the 6, it's like sex for the hands holy shit. The 6 plus is redic, way way way too big, it's comical. The 6 is heavier than the 5 but it feels lighter due to how thin it is and the weight distribution. So impressed, can't wait to get my own soon.

Corgi

Banned
its an interesting phenomena. I think if you hold the 6+ first, you think its fine, and the 6 is too small, and vice visa if the order was the opposite in which you got your hands on first.

I don't think anyone has been able to just show up and pick up a 6+, but the 6's seem to be in stock

I did at an apple store. My apple store had a 100 of them and I got one standing at number 40 in the line

its an interesting phenomena. I think if you hold the 6+ first, you think its fine, and the 6 is too small, and vice visa if the order was the opposite in which you got your hands on first.

I held the 6 first then the plus but immediately the 6 felt . too small

Sullichin

Typing on my new iPhone 6 (white 128gb)

It's pretty thin. Looks a little nicer in person than I originally thought. But this thing is a bit too big for me. Not really comfortable for me to use with one hand. The 6 plus must be a monstrosity. This is definitely a step up from my 5 for web browsing, but texting was more comfortable with the smaller phone.

It's nice tho. Feels like it's going to fly out of my hand at any second. Sucks caring about my phone again! It definitely does feel lighter than the 5 although it's not.

Also, how are they going to update the software keyboard to include (useless) predictive texting but they haven't "fixed" the shift button yet.

tmdorsey

Go to http://www.icloud.com/find and log in. Click 'All Devices' at the top and find the old phone. There should be a little X next to it that you can click to remove it from your account. Restart the phone and the activation lock will be gone.

There was no little x but I was able to select all my old phones (had like 3 of them on there) and selected remove from my account.

Hopefully that does the trick.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just got Shipping info on my 128 GB Sliver 6+. Order it 1st night along with 2 other phone but this one was never ready to ship/pick up like others. Said 7-10 days putting it Oct 1st ish for delivery. Now it will be here monday 9/22

ReAxion

okay instead of getting mad at every email that buzzed me that wasn't from Apple, I logged in, and it's Ready for Pickup. now to finish this dumb shift.

Is anyone else unimpressed with the cameras? I have an iPhone 6 here, and I honestly am not seeing any difference between the pictures it takes, and the pictures my iPhone 5 takes.

BFIB

Well, just got back home from T-Mo. Ran up there after work to just check them out.....and I am back home with a 64GB Space Grey.

I honestly had no intention of trading. I knew the camera would perform better than my M8, but I had no idea it would be that significant of a difference. That pretty much sealed the deal, that, and they had one 64GB model left, and nothing but 16's other than that.

So....I'm sad to leave Android behind. Real sad. I know there's the usual mindsets of one on the other, but I loved Android's customization end. But the form factor, and camera really won me over. It is a gorgeous piece of tech, and I'm such a sucker for that.

Corgi

Banned
got an email from spigen. Seems like they will address the buttons issues with a little addon they will ship for free.

Good for them to be on top of things.

Dear Loyal Spigen Customer , Spigen Neo Hybrid

Thank you so much for your recent purchase of the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 6 Plus Neo Hybrid and Neo Hybrid EX case. We are so ecstatic about the release of the new iPhone 6 line up. We are even more ecstatic that you chose Spigen to protect it.

*We will begin shipping Button Stabilizers within the next couple days to help with the button click sensitivity. No action is required. A Tracking Number will be emailed to you when it is ready to ship out. Installation is very easy and we have included the steps on how to install them on your new Neo Hybrid case (see below).

The Neo Hybrid buttons work well on its own, but with the stabilizers it will provide an improved "clicking" response. Our Button Stabilizers are made from Premium Grade Thermoplastic Urethane that is both durable and heat-resistant to keep up with your active lifestyle.

Click here for the manual

In the meantime, the case itself will be able to still function and protect your device and will not have any issues. We do apologize if there were any inconveniences, and we will do our best to make sure we got you covered.

If you have any questions, please submit it to: [e-mail address removed].
If you have purchased through Amazon or Ebay, you may contact us through your account directly.

Sincerely,
Spigen Customer Care Team

http://www.sgpbanner.com/images/SP1141.pdf

Thanks for the reply and the help!

So is there anywhere to preorder and get it on release day? Apple Store won't let me order it because of my SERO plan I guess.

I'm stuck with the waiting in line approach if I want it on release day, aren't I?
Just tried to buy a sprint phone at the apple store. Every time they tried to upgrade it said unable to access account due to manager/employee account. No one could touch it at the apple store, you can't even add a new line to it. I ended up buying the phone for full price, sealed, no activation, just because I know it's out of stock by now everywhere ($949, sprint 6+ space grey).

going to take it to a sprint store and see if they can give me a rebate/discount if I activate with a 2 year contract extension. and if I can keep my sero. otherwise I'll just return the phone to the applestore and wait 2+ months to get a plus and see if I stick with sprint or go to another provider.

Toki767

Is anyone else unimpressed with the cameras? I have an iPhone 6 here, and I honestly am not seeing any difference between the pictures it takes, and the pictures my iPhone 5 takes.

Are you view it on your phone or on your computer? Also are you basically just viewing pictures uploaded to Twitter/Facebook/Instagram or the uncompressed images?

Viewing pictures on your iPhone is not indicative of the actual quality of the picture.

I figured. But I expected to see some difference I suppose, even on my phone.

Additionally, I searched on Google, but isn't there supposed to be a difference with the phones ability to focus more quickly while taking pictures?

Rambaldi

Has anyone in the Oct 13-Oct 10 range for an Apple site 6+ order had their date changed today? I've read that some people have had their phones shipped and will deliver tomorrow but mine is still chilling and driving me CRAZY. :')

I told myself I'd be fine with it but AT&T just activated LTE in my part of California and now my phone (S3) feels even more gimped because it just runs SO SLOWLY even with the faster internet. Everyone's new phones are making me feel happy yet sad.

#pathetic

MercuryLS

Banned
Man just got our Sixes..... this is by far the nicest phone design they've done yet. Feels glorious.

It looks so incredibly nice in person when you get to touch it. The way the glass and case merge is so seem less, it feels like one solid, light piece of glass and aluminum. Like they're fused together. It's incredible, even the antenna bands on the back look nice on the space grey one.

Feels like barely anyone in the thread actually has the 6 Plus.

I have both but never opened the 6..

The 6 Plus is the one I think I will keep.

- It is huge.
- Cant use it in one hand that's for sure. You will drop it way too easily
- Most if not all 3rd party apps appear too zoomed in. App developers need to get some updates soon that scales everything down. I feel like I'm 85 and turned up my font size.
- Apple apps and desktop look absolutely ace on it though
- Keyboard typing feels great on this screen size
- Screen looks awesome.
- Fits nicely in my pocket (I don't wear skinny jeans. Just straight leg/boot cut/regular fit jeans)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I dunno why it surprises me after the 4 and 5 design garnering the same reactions, but the change in opinion on the and feel being so wildly positive once people have them in hand always makes me raise an eyebrow, in a good way.

Ok so I think it's the backlight that's not working. I can see the setup screen under a light. Definitely got a defective unit. Maybe I'll brave the Apple store. Think it's worth it, or just take the Monday genius appointment?

I'd go ASAP. I believe they were instructed to hold like 4% of their shipments for replacements if someone got a DOA phone.

Yep, just go back ASAP and I'm fairly certain that if you walk up to the Genius Bar and explain that your phone's borked, they'll swap out on the spot from their extra stock.

MedIC86

- Most if not all 3rd party apps appear too zoomed in. App developers need to get some updates soon that scales everything down. I feel like I'm 85 and turned up my font size.

This is my biggest fear, that most apps will take way to long to be updated...just like with the i5

Toki767

I figured. But I expected to see some difference I suppose, even on my phone.

Additionally, I searched on Google, but isn't there supposed to be a difference with the phones ability to focus more quickly while taking pictures?

Apple's marketing "Focus Pixels" but they aren't commenting on what it actually is other than it auto-focuses better and faster. It's probably phase detection though. Basically using 2 sensors to determine what part of an image is in the front and what part is in the back. Think the HTC One M8's camera if you're familiar with that.

Apple's marketing "Focus Pixels" but they aren't commenting on what it actually is other than it auto-focuses better and faster. It's probably phase detection though. Basically using 2 sensors to determine what part of an image is in the front and what part is in the back. Think the HTC One M8's camera if you're familiar with that.
I'm not.

I mentioned it, because it seems as slow to focus as my iPhone 5 unfortunately.

sangreal

was there some verizon promo for extra data? I've got 1gb extra data for 2 years on my account now after upgrading

I'm on some shitty more everything shared 4gb family plan

Waited in line for 9 hours only for them to runout when I was 4th in line.

Apple shouldn't allow people to get two phones per person.

Certain "group" of people were all buying 2.

muteki

Just came in! Activation went pretty quickly. Restore < 5 minutes.

Amazed how thin it is.

55 GB free in a 64 out of the box.

FinKL

Has anyone in the Oct 13-Oct 10 range for an Apple site 6+ order had their date changed today? I've read that some people have had their phones shipped and will deliver tomorrow but mine is still chilling and driving me CRAZY. :')

I told myself I'd be fine with it but AT&T just activated LTE in my part of California and now my phone (S3) feels even more gimped because it just runs SO SLOWLY even with the faster internet. Everyone's new phones are making me feel happy yet sad.

#pathetic

I have a 6+ 64gb Black ordered from Apple.com with the same est date. Also have a T-mobile order (same phone) "preordered" even though I ordered on the 12th. Hope to just cancel whichever comes 2nd.

Fuck, I thought going to the Apple Store would solve my debate, but it didn't. The 6 is the perfect size and one-handed operation is nearly perfect. The 6+ has a great screen, but it's not fitting anywhere in my pants and one-handed operation is almost dangerous. Yet I could get rid of my failing Nexus 7 without getting something ridiculous. The 6+ battery life is great too.

Baaarghhh...

Top Bottom