• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Guys

The apple silicone case is outstanding. Its not too thick but its very grippy and just has an amazing hand feel. The dark grey one looks solid with the silver iphone 6.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a site with good backgrounds for the 6+?

Smidget

Guys

The apple silicone case is outstanding. Its not too thick but its very grippy and just has an amazing hand feel. The dark grey one looks solid with the silver iphone 6.

How protected does it feel? Does the lip feel like it's big enough to protect the screen?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Guys

I got the white one and I think I might return it. It picks up a decent amount of pocket lint. I bet this wouldn't be as much of an issue with a darker color.

It's a nice, minimalist case, though. So, I like the form factor.

multivac

So once I activate the iPhone 6 I don't have to do anything except remove the SIM from the iPhone 5 in order to mail it to Verizon for credit right? No other deactivation of service?

MicH

Guys

How is it when taking in and out of your pants-pockets? Does it slip right out or does it kind of stick to the fabric? And what about it picking up lint?

I really want a silicone case for mine, and Apples look fantastic, but I'm worried about the grippiness of it (as in too rubbery)

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I love those cases. Price sucks but they don't look like shit on your phone and slide out of a pocket easier than silicone cases do.

I'm struggling to figure out what sort of case I want to use with the 6+ (which won't arrive until early October). I've always gone grippy before but the phones have been much smaller and I'm thinking that the 6+ will already take so much pocket space that a grippy case might be too much for easily retrieving it from a pocket. Might have to go smooth.

How protected does it feel? Does the lip feel like it's big enough to protect the screen?

Its not that big but its definitely noticeable. Smaller than the speck candyshells for sure.

Overall its thin. I dont know how well it can protect your device but its absolutely lovely to hold.

Its not really rubbery. Its got some sort of texture on it.

Jomjom

Banned
They might overnight it on 10/14 so it gets there on 10/15 or ship it by ground on 10/10 so it gets there on 10/13. The point is it will be delivered to you by 10/13-10/20. The answer to your question is, that 10/13-10/20 is when you can expect to receive it (at the latest)

Ah ok great! Thanks for the info!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How is it when taking in and out of your pants-pockets? Does it slip right out or does it kind of stick to the fabric? And what about it picking up lint?

I really want a silicone case for mine, and Apples look fantastic, but I'm worried about the grippiness of it (as in too rubbery)

it slides in and out of my jeans just fine.

If you go to an Apple store, they should have a few available for you to try on, too.

Smidget

Thanks guys for the responses, because I cracked my 4S, I'll probably go to the Speck Candyshell route for pretty darn good protection, but not quite giant Otterbox. Already printed out the label to send by the Spigen cases :x

MicH

it slides in and out of my jeans just fine.

If you go to an Apple store, they should have a few available for you to try on, too.
Sounds lovely. I can't decide between the silicone or the leather case, so this sounds good (leather is a little too expensive). I would try them out, but the phone isn't out here for another week :p

jts

...hate me...
Any feedback on watching Netflix on these?

The 5 feels way too small for it. Like, I'm never watching on there small. I understand that the 6 and especially 6 Plus are better for that. But are they better enough?

I went to my nearest AT&T store this morning to see a line... went right back to sleep now after school around 12:45 I happen to go to the AT&T store downtown and to my surprise they have some and I pick up the 6 64GB space gray version.

just got an email from Spigen on Amazon.com

Thank you so much for your recent purchase of the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 6 Plus Neo Hybrid and Neo Hybrid EX case. We are so ecstatic about the release of the new iPhone 6 line up. We are even more ecstatic that you chose Spigen to protect it.

*We will begin shipping Button Stabilizers within the next couple days to help with the button click sensitivity. No action is required. A Tracking Number will be emailed to you when it is ready to ship out. Installation is very easy and we have included the steps on how to install them on your new Neo Hybrid case (see below).

The Neo Hybrid buttons work well on its own, but with the stabilizers it will provide an improved "clicking" response. Our Button Stabilizers are made from Premium Grade Thermoplastic Urethane that is both durable and heat-resistant to keep up with your active lifestyle.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Just got home and opened mine up, syncing everything at the moment. Forgot how smooth everything is on iOS compared to Android after using my Nexus 5 for so long...

MCasey

Just got the 6 - 64gb and at first I thought maybe it wouldn't that much bigger than my iPhone 5, but after seeing it in person it's perfect.
I can still use it one handed even though it's a little more difficult than the 5.
i actually now enjoying typing on an iPhone.

Vyer

Its an app for wallpapers, ringtones, etc. I'm trying to set up custom ringtones. During the setup, it said I had to sync w/ iTunes on a PC. I set up my iTunes from years ago and updated it. Now every time I download a ringtone I have to wi-fi sync on my PC to get it to load under my ringtones?

Ah. Sorry, can't help you there. Most likely yeah that's their system for transferring. You could go wireless iTunes sync I suppose.

On an unrelated note, this tab didn't refresh while I went away, installed a few apps and browsed another web page, so that's nice.

Absolutely loving my 6. The screen is amazing and I have to say that I've adapted to the size faster than I thought I would. It feel fantastic in the hand, slim and light, and yet I haven't experienced the "slipperiness" that others have complained about. It feels perfect to me.

The one thing that I'm having the biggest trouble adjusting to is reaching to the top for the sleep switch. It's going to take me a while to get use to having it on the side. :)

I'm also incredibly happy I went with 64GB this time. I've downloaded Baldur's Gate and XCom to play on it. Never would have thought that I'd have a full blown Dungeon's and Dragon's game on my phone.

SuperPac

Man, the apps that haven't updated for the new screen size suddenly look crazy out of place. Kinda funny. I'm sure they'll all get updated soon enough. :D

Loving the 6 so far. The size is great - I tried the Plus earlier today and that was definitely too big for me (at least for now).

I just picked a 64gig iPhone 6 up from Verizon. Been playing with it for the past couple hours and not really liking it compared to my Note. Thought I'd post here in case someone would want it before I go return it.

What exactly don't you like about it?

Also wouldn't you get near a full refund for it? Seems strange to see if someone wants it here.

Thanks duders - just got back. They expedited my ass to the front of the line, was in and out.

Nice. Hopefully no issues with this one I hope.

One of my favorite things about Apple's customer service. They will do what it takes to make it right for you.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Just ordered a 64gb white iPhone 6 from att, they are offering 200 bucks for an iPhone 5.
Ships in early October.

I love how hard they try to get you out of the grandfathered data plan. Hah yeah right.

Just ordered a 64gb white iPhone 6 from att, they are offering 200 bucks for an iPhone 5.
Ships in early October.

I love how hard they try to get you out of the grandfathered data plan. Hah yeah right.

It's why I prefer just going directly through Apple. They don't even bother to upsell you onto a tiered plan. At least you can recycle your phone with them to get some monies back.

Sobriquet

does the iPhone 6+ feel sluggish with heavy multi tasking?

Not even a little bit

Ships in early October.

That's why I canceled my AT&T order and went with Apple. That and release-day delivery. They removed my fucking unlimited data when I ordered online.

Top Bottom