• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

undecided

got an email from spigen. Seems like they will address the buttons issues with a little addon they will ship for free.

Good for them to be on top of things.

http://www.sgpbanner.com/images/SP1141.pdf

I ordered through their Amazon shop, I guess I need to register with them for that.. I also noticed you can't really reach the silence toggle switch on the side of the phone through their case without long fingernails, but I don't know how they can resolve that.

How does it work if you buy one at an Apple store?

Don't you have to buy one contract to get the subsidized price? How do you get that price if you buy it in the Apple store?
Apple has a direct link with the carriers they do it for you they link you to your contract and do what the carriers would do for you

Jomjom

Banned
how are non native apps on 6+ so far?

The few games that were on the demo unit at best buy look surprisingly decent at a feet distance away from my face, but my eyes aren't terribly great lol.

This!

Anyone test out games like Phoenix Wright, Ghost Trick, and Republique on the new 6+ yet? I would love to know how they look.

Has anyone else had an issue hearing phone calls through the earpiece? At max volume, I can still barely hear anything out of it. My iPhone 5 was like this too.

So for the Gold iPhone 6/6+, what's the best color case, preferably Apple's?

I can't seem to decide for the Gold.

Also, where did you guys all get your screen protectors.

Jomjom

Banned
So for the Gold iPhone 6/6+, what's the best color case, preferably Apple's?

I can't seem to decide for the Gold.

Also, where did you guys all get your screen protectors.

For me the best color is clear. I want to show off the phone in all its naked glory as much as possible. The apple cases are horrible it just makes it look like an iphone 5c. I only get the clear TPU cases for every single phone I get. From distance, it doesn't even look like there's a case on it.

What's the point of getting a Gold phone if the entire thing except for the screen gets covered anyway?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I was given a new SIM card for my 6, but Verizon website is telling me to take the SIM out of my old phone and put it in the new one. Is there no way to use my new SIM card?

cakefoo

Quality of the camera in slow-mo mode is terrible. Unless I'm doing something wrong here. 1080P recording my ass.
None of the official Apple documentation claims 1080p quality at 240fps.

It should look like 480p or 720p, but you really need sunlight to get acceptable quality at 240fps on any camera.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Fuck, I thought going to the Apple Store would solve my debate, but it didn't. The 6 is the perfect size and one-handed operation is nearly perfect. The 6+ has a great screen, but it's not fitting anywhere in my pants and one-handed operation is almost dangerous. Yet I could get rid of my failing Nexus 7 without getting something ridiculous. The 6+ battery life is great too.

Baaarghhh...

Sounds like there is only one size you'd take around with you every day, which seems pretty critical? Replace your nexus later

Hmm, I wonder if apple might consider making an iPod touch plus? Might be a nice option to sit below the ipad mini..

Toki767

Sounds like there is only one size you'd take around with you every day, which seems pretty critical? Replace your nexus later

Hmm, I wonder if apple might consider making an iPod touch plus? Might be a nice option to sit below the ipad mini..

I'm not even convinced they'll get around to updating the iPod Touch any time soon. Probably not until the iPhone 7 really.

Vyer

Finally.

64GB 6. Next to my iphone 5.

EgeLg5m.jpg

SQJpo9n.jpg

bv5PALT.jpg

29HDP7i.jpg

5OM4rI2.jpg

For me the best color is clear. I want to show off the phone in all its naked glory as much as possible. The apple cases are horrible it just makes it look like an iphone 5c. I only get the clear TPU cases for every single phone I get. From distance, it doesn't even look like there's a case on it.

What's the point of getting a Gold phone if the entire thing except for the screen gets covered anyway?

Honestly, I never went gold, it is a gift to my sister.

toohectic

Any opinion on which color the antenna bands look best on in person? I'm using that factor to determine which color to get. Planning on a standard 6 and using it without a case.

MicH

Finally.

64GB 6. Next to my iphone 5.
I said god damn! Those are some nice pictures of a sexy phone! R definitely need more pictures like these!

I'm stuck waiting for next Friday when the 6 officially gets released here. God, it's gonna be a long wait! And even then I'm not even 100% sure I'm getting it on release :(

I ordered through their Amazon shop, I guess I need to register with them for that.. I also noticed you can't really reach the silence toggle switch on the side of the phone through their case without long fingernails, but I don't know how they can resolve that.

I order through Amazon and still got an email. It was in the promotions tab.

Dead

well not really...yet
So yesterday I get an email from att saying they are still expecting to ship my phone between the 13th and 31st if October.

Today get an email saying it's shipped. Will get it on Monday!!!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Feels good to go from a 16G iphone to a 64G, now i can put more apps and movies on my phone. Downloading avengers and winter soldier to my phone.

Jomjom

Banned
First time I've ever ordered from Apple directly online.

What does it mean if it says "Delivers by Oct. 13 - Oct. 20 by Standard Shipping"? Does that mean it'll arrive by that time frame or just get shipped out by that time frame?

sangreal

First time I've ever ordered from Apple directly online.

What does it mean if it says "Delivers by Oct. 13 - Oct. 20 by Standard Shipping"? Does that mean it'll arrive by that time frame or just get shipped out by that time frame?

...delivers. They may or may not ship it within that timeframe, but it will be delivered before 10/20

BFIB

Go to set up some Ringtones through Zedge. I need to manually connect my phone to iTunes.......its the stuff like this that I am going to miss from Android.

Its been a while since I've been out of the iPhone game, but is there a way to sync to iTunes from my phone?

hiryu2015

Ah my 6 - 64 GB space grey arrived about 45 mins ago. It's almost done charging but I already activated it online, so I'm just waiting for the final steps before the test drive and backup restoration.

It's not as unwieldy as I was semi-expecting, probably bc I got used to my girlfriend's 5S. So far so good, especially since my iphone 4 died this morning with 81% battery when we were going for coffee. Haha, good riddance.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Touch ID seems MUCH more reliable than my 5S. I got the 5S at launch (since have passed it on to my wife) and it would fail very frequently. I don't know if it's different hardware or just software updates that have fixed it, but I've easily unlocked my new 6 well over 30 times today and it hasn't failed a single time.

I think the slo-mo is only in 720p.

It was on the 5S. I imagine with double the frame rate this time around, it's still only 720p.

Anno

6 finally showed up and it's basically the perfect size for me. I've been waiting years for a bigger iPhone and I can't really be happier with it. The new rounded design feels so good, but it does seem more prone to dropping.

Jomjom

Banned
...delivers. They may or may not ship it within that timeframe, but it will be delivered before 10/20

Huh I'm more confused now. When I read "delivers" I take that to mean delivered to me within that timeframe.

So you're saying in this case it means that it'll ship from China or wherever their warehouse is during that timeframe? Then you tack on however many days standard shipping takes? This is of course assuming that they are able to produce the phone at the factory by then (i.e. no production issues, strikes, etc.)

Zeth

Yep, just go back ASAP and I'm fairly certain that if you walk up to the Genius Bar and explain that your phone's borked, they'll swap out on the spot from their extra stock.

Thanks duders - just got back. They expedited my ass to the front of the line, was in and out.

sangreal

Huh I'm more confused now. When I read "delivers" I take that to mean delivered to me within that timeframe.

So you're saying in this case it means that it'll ship from China or wherever their warehouse is during that timeframe? Then you tack on however many days standard shipping takes? This is of course assuming that they are able to produce the phone at the factory by then (i.e. no production issues, strikes, etc.)

They might overnight it on 10/14 so it gets there on 10/15 or ship it by ground on 10/10 so it gets there on 10/13. The point is it will be delivered to you by 10/13-10/20. The answer to your question is, that 10/13-10/20 is when you can expect to receive it (at the latest)

Vyer

Go to set up some Ringtones through Zedge. I need to manually connect my phone to iTunes.......its the stuff like this that I am going to miss from Android.

Its been a while since I've been out of the iPhone game, but is there a way to sync to iTunes from my phone?

What is Zedge?

I use iTunes match/Amazon/spotify for music and cloud services for anything else. Probably depends on your usage but I haven't synced with iTunes in years.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any opinion on which color the antenna bands look best on in person? I'm using that factor to determine which color to get. Planning on a standard 6 and using it without a case.

I think they stand out least on the Space Gray model followed by the Silver. They look awful on the Gold model, I think.

BFIB

What is Zedge?

I use iTunes match/Amazon/spotify for music and cloud services for anything else. Probably depends on your usage but I haven't synced with iTunes in years.

Its an app for wallpapers, ringtones, etc. I'm trying to set up custom ringtones. During the setup, it said I had to sync w/ iTunes on a PC. I set up my iTunes from years ago and updated it. Now every time I download a ringtone I have to wi-fi sync on my PC to get it to load under my ringtones?

Lace

I just picked a 64gig iPhone 6 up from Verizon. Been playing with it for the past couple hours and not really liking it compared to my Note. Thought I'd post here in case someone would want it before I go return it.

Top Bottom