• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Got mine today side graded from lumia 1520 to a 6 regular. It's nice having a reasonable size phone again and all the Microsoft apps I was using are either equivalent or better on iOS lol. Can't wait for Yosemite to come out to try some of the integration stuff.

MRSA

Banned
Woke up and stumbled downstairs for my wake up coffee (I work overnight) and UPS guy is at the door. Nice, got my phone, sipped my coffee and made my way to the AT&T Store to get a sim card.

Now its about 0430 in the afternoon, there's still a god damn line outside the store. I go to the front and inform the girl I just needed a sim card. She told me I had to wait in line with the rest (It was like an hour wait), I politely told her that I understand she's doing her job, but she sucks at it. I just needed a sim card that she can just run to the back and grab for me within 4 minutes (Because nothing takes 5 minutes). She declined still and I informed her to tell her boss that I'm cancelling my service and walking next door to T-Mobile because she didn't want to take the 3 minutes and 23 seconds out of her time to grab me a sim card, looking awfully confused she ran to her manager and came back with a sim card for me.

Vespene

It's going to take some time getting used to the screen. I bypassed iPhone 5 so I'm coming from a 4s. After 7 years of using an iPhone on it's original Steve Jobs size, it'll take some time to accept this big screen. At first I was perplexed as of why Apple would not offer an iPhone 6 on its traditional size, opting for a Galaxy size default. After seeing the Apple Watch, it's starting to make sense. I think they foresee many people not pulling out the phone as much as they used to and instead using the watch.

Dartastic

So, I activated my phone, then charged it to 100% and turned it off. Do I REALLY need to wait 15 minutes like ATT says for it to correctly be on the network?

I don't want to wait for my order to ship in October. Might go down to the Apple Store tomorrow at 6 am and just wait. I want my 6 plus.

It's going to take some time getting used to the screen. I bypassed iPhone 5 so I'm coming from a 4s. After 7 years of using an iPhone on it's original Steve Jobs size, it'll take some time to accept this big screen. At first I was perplexed as of why Apple would not offer an iPhone 6 on its traditional size, opting for a Galaxy size default. After seeing the Apple Watch, it's starting to make sense. I think they foresee many people not pulling out the phone as much as they used to and instead using the watch.

As someone who has been pretty opposed to larger phones, I can tell you it took me a far shorter time to adapt to the larger screen on the 6 then I thought it would. I'm pretty much a convert. Don't think I'd want to go much bigger, but I certainly am loving the size of the 6 right now. It doesn't hurt that the screen is pretty amazing.

tuco11

Just got the 64 gig Iphone 6. Every time I plug it into Itunes , Itunes stops working (not responding) . I checked for updates and I have the latest version of itunes. Any suggestions? I am trying to sync my phone and get all my apps back. I backed up my old phone on this lap top.

thanks

Marow

Since I'll most likely see what cases the store where I'll pick up my phone has, with no idea what selection they have beforehand, I'd like to know what type of case is considered the best. Material, for example. Rubber? If so, what kind? Well, you catch the drift. If worst comes to worst, would you recommend official Apple cases?

Juice

Oh, also T-Mobile service is fast as fuck. I'm getting one or two bars and yet getting way better real world performance because of how much less congested the towers are

number11

Bought a cheap Spigen case today. I was planning on using the phone naked.. but the phone feels so much nicer with a little grip. The fact that the phone is already so thin.. the added bulk from the case doesn't really matter.

MercuryLS

Banned
After 4 hours of waiting in line I got mine. It's beautiful, thin and light and super high quality all the way through. I got an Apple leather case as well and it's gotta be the first case I've ever used that I really like and don't mind keeping on. It's a bit big in the hand and will be a challenge to use one handed no doubt, I love the large screen but it's going to take some getting use to.

It's a 6 64gb black btw. Stunning device.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Got the one I wanted despite scalpers cutting in line all night. 64Gb Space Grey plus with leather case and 12w charger for faster charger. It's going to take a while to get used to this size!

plainr_

Aw shucks. I went out for a bit and came home to this:

Xs2A7tq.jpg

Damn it. :(

Just tried to buy a sprint phone at the apple store. Every time they tried to upgrade it said unable to access account due to manager/employee account. No one could touch it at the apple store, you can't even add a new line to it. I ended up buying the phone for full price, sealed, no activation, just because I know it's out of stock by now everywhere ($949, sprint 6+ space grey).

going to take it to a sprint store and see if they can give me a rebate/discount if I activate with a 2 year contract extension. and if I can keep my sero. otherwise I'll just return the phone to the applestore and wait 2+ months to get a plus and see if I stick with sprint or go to another provider.
Welp went to sprint and they wouldn't do anything. They can activate it but no discount or anything to help. Also pre orders are done. Now I get to return my phone to the Apple Store then wait until I can walk in a sprint store and buy my phone to be able to keep my Sero plan and get a discount on the 6+ by renewing my contract.

BunnyBear

Woke up and stumbled downstairs for my wake up coffee (I work overnight) and UPS guy is at the door. Nice, got my phone, sipped my coffee and made my way to the AT&T Store to get a sim card.

Now its about 0430 in the afternoon, there's still a god damn line outside the store. I go to the front and inform the girl I just needed a sim card. She told me I had to wait in line with the rest (It was like an hour wait), I politely told her that I understand she's doing her job, but she sucks at it. I just needed a sim card that she can just run to the back and grab for me within 4 minutes (Because nothing takes 5 minutes). She declined still and I informed her to tell her boss that I'm cancelling my service and walking next door to T-Mobile because she didn't want to take the 3 minutes and 23 seconds out of her time to grab me a sim card, looking awfully confused she ran to her manager and came back with a sim card for me.

You sound like an arse. It's not as though she wouldn't be stressed and extremely frazzled with the commotion of launch day.

not sure if this was posted but here's tempered glass on sale with the code ULHYOHVI

it uses the same material as the Spigen version but its slimmer and costs less.

81cKCuMKKBL._SL1500_.jpg

iPhone 6

iPhone 6+

$9.99 - $5 off code ULHYOHVI
= $4.99 with free shipping

Xamdou

Just got my Golden 128gb Iphone 6!!! Huge upgrade from my 4S, and it's faster than my Ipad Air!

Got the Apple Care +, screen shield and the blue Silicon case for my 6 also!!!

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I can vouch for the Apple silicone cases being really nice. I went for black leather but they had both styles out to play with and the silicone ones are quality. They're stiff like the leather ones with flock lining and feel great to touch.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Anyone want to take a pic of their apple leather case on a 6? It seems like it would defeat the point of the sides of the screen curving.

Clipse

not sure if this was posted but here's tempered glass on sale with the code ULHYOHVI

it uses the same material as the Spigen version but its slimmer and costs less.

81cKCuMKKBL._SL1500_.jpg

iPhone 6

iPhone 6+

$9.99 - $5 off code ULHYOHVI
= $4.99 with free shipping
...$5?? Judging by the cut outs, I think I paid $25 for the same exact screen protector at Verizon today. Highway robbery.

muteki

I'm really happy with my 6+ decision. I was really worried when I saw the case but holding the real thing gives a completely different impression.

Top Bottom