• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

The Apple silicone cases are really nice. Bought the red one to go with my mom's white iPhone 6 and I think it looks great.

Would you say it is worth the $35 though? Also does it have lips to protect the front? The online apple store does not have any available to ship until October...

Woke up and stumbled downstairs for my wake up coffee (I work overnight) and UPS guy is at the door. Nice, got my phone, sipped my coffee and made my way to the AT&T Store to get a sim card.

Now its about 0430 in the afternoon, there's still a god damn line outside the store. I go to the front and inform the girl I just needed a sim card. She told me I had to wait in line with the rest (It was like an hour wait), I politely told her that I understand she's doing her job, but she sucks at it. I just needed a sim card that she can just run to the back and grab for me within 4 minutes (Because nothing takes 5 minutes). She declined still and I informed her to tell her boss that I'm cancelling my service and walking next door to T-Mobile because she didn't want to take the 3 minutes and 23 seconds out of her time to grab me a sim card, looking awfully confused she ran to her manager and came back with a sim card for me.

Wow, I'm not sure why you're bragging because that was a dick move.

This is like going to McDonalds and going right to the front of the line because you "just need a drink". That's not really how lines work.

Got to hold both phones at the Apple store and while both are solid, I think it'll be the 4.7" for me once I upgrade next year in December.

Granted, we'll see what the 6s will offer next year. May change my mind by then.

ReAxion

lol what a nightmare. canceling web order, trying different transaction. still not working.

but they're giving me a free case out of it

Clipse

Would you say it is worth the $35 though? Also does it have lips to protect the front? The online apple store does not have any available to ship until October...
Just checked for you, the phone does become a little recessed when inside the case. So there's a slight lip above the screen.

Akim

Banned
Verizon changed the estimated shipping date on my plus from 10/14 to 10/10.....yay? I find it weird that some people have an estimated shipping date earlier than me even though I ordered before midnight on Thursday.

Rambaldi

This is like going to McDonalds and going right to the front of the line because you "just need a drink". That's not really how lines work.

Yeah. This guy sounds like a real prize. I'm so glad I don't work retail anymore

Sean

Banned
Can anyone tell me how to use Reachability? I have the regular 4.7" iPhone 6 so I don't really need to use it, but just want to test it out once.

Double tapping the home button brings up the multi-tasking switcher thing like usual. Or am I doing it wrong? I feel so dumb.

not sure if this was posted but here's tempered glass on sale with the code ULHYOHVI

it uses the same material as the Spigen version but its slimmer and costs less.

81cKCuMKKBL._SL1500_.jpg

iPhone 6

iPhone 6+

$9.99 - $5 off code ULHYOHVI
= $4.99 with free shipping

why is the glass covering the camera?

Can anyone tell me how to use Reachability? I have the regular 4.7" iPhone 6 so I don't really need to use it, but just want to test it out once.

Double tapping the home button brings up the multi-tasking switcher thing like usual. Or am I doing it wrong? I feel so dumb.

dont double press. double tap without pressing. feather touch, not hard, soft

ReAxion

touch, don't press

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν

Tap, don't press.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime

Don't press the button in, touch it twice

Ovid

not sure if this was posted but here's tempered glass on sale with the code ULHYOHVI

it uses the same material as the Spigen version but its slimmer and costs less.

81cKCuMKKBL._SL1500_.jpg

iPhone 6

iPhone 6+

$9.99 - $5 off code ULHYOHVI
= $4.99 with free shipping
Bought.

Cost me literally nothing after using a gift card.

Thanks.

why is the glass covering the camera?
It's not lol. The slit is long enough for the camera. The angle is just weird.

EDIT: Is the sensor on the top or next to the speaker? I have a 4S and the camera is next to the speaker.

EDIT 2: It does cover the camera. DAFAQ IS THAT SHIT LOL.

Christopher

Stupid question but just to make sure Apple care can be purchased 90 days after my phone purchase and it will be good for two years if I purchased additional coverage.

ReAxion

carrier rep update:
store sold out of Verizon early, so that guys chillin
tmobile guy is all smiles
ATT guy facing a logjam

this is so much fun

Sean

Banned
dont double press. double tap without pressing. feather touch, not hard, soft

touch, don't press

Tap, don't press.

Don't press the button in, touch it twice

Thanks! That was a bit confusing to me.

Reachability feature seems to work very well, might give the 6+ demo units another try now that I know how to activate this one-handed mode. Probably will just stick with the regular 6 though as I'm very happy with the size.

Branson

Holy shit the 6p is big. Can't wait until I get mine. Got the gfs first since she needed one for her dying 4 more than me. My 5 feels like a baby.

kneePat

how the hell should i know? lol it seems like this product isn't the only one that covers the camera.

61BzxStVrNL._SL1500_.jpg

Don't buy this, apparently the glass doesn't cover the whole screen and creates a rainbow effect as a result of the curved nature of the glass.

Also, with these glass protectors it doesn't matter that the camera is covered, it will not affect the camera.

123rl

Has anyone tried low-light photos with the iPhone 6? Because I was expecting it to be good, but the 6+ to be better. The iPhone 6 takes fantastic photos in low light conditions. I'm so surprised. Genuinely, I would never have expected it to be this good.

DOWN

Banned
Guess I'm skipping a screen protector. Seems they all can't cover the whole phone screen this time because the curve starts before the edge of the LCD. Everyone is saying the narrowness of the protectors is very distracting in the reviews on amazon.

The official leather case is $5 cheaper at Best Buy if anyone is going to buy one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...egories&ks=960&st=apple+iphone+6+leather+case

Yeah, I noticed that. Was wondering if it was a price error.

how the hell should i know? lol it seems like this product isn't the only one that covers the camera.

61BzxStVrNL._SL1500_.jpg

Don't buy this, apparently the glass doesn't cover the whole screen and creates a rainbow effect as a result of the curved nature of the glass.

Also, with these glass protectors it doesn't matter that the camera is covered, it will not affect the camera.

Apparently none of the protectors do. The curve on the glass starts before the actual LCD edge, so protectors don't have a flat surface to stick to all the way to the edge this time. Looks like protectors aren't a good idea this time.

DOWN

Banned

Eh, in this case, there really should be a separate line for iPhone vs. other transactions. I'm pretty sure last time I went by Apple on the 5 launch day for a case, they let me walk by the people who were waiting on the phones.

MercuryLS

Banned
You know what, as much as I like the leather case I think I'm going to go naked and get Applecare+ as a precaution. The phone feels way too nice in the hand to cover up for the most part. I'll put the leather case on when I travel or something.

How can I get Applecare+ now that I bought the phone? Do I call in or go into the Apple store and buy it? Can I buy it online? How are people's experiences with AC+ when it comes to accidental damages/replacements?

Enfinit

I was able to get to my local Apple store (Tampa, Florida) around 3:00 PM today. Pretty long line of around 100 people, about 30 in the reservation queue. I was able to get in the store and try out the 6 and 6 Plus before making my decision.

Within 30 seconds of holding each device, I immediately felt that the 6 Plus was ridiculously too big to be functional around-the-clock for me (I put the thing in my pocket and it felt absolutely ridiculous), so I decided on the 6. Went with silver because it looks classy as fuck.

I didn't have a reservation, so I had to wait with all the other plebs. I was immediately asked what model I was looking for, which was the silver iPhone 6 64 GB (AT&T). They were completely out of 6 Plus'.

Was in line for a total of 45 minutes, and the buying process was easy. The genius that helped me was phenomenal. I traded in my old iPhone 5 (which was eligible for the battery replacement program, which I never did) for $205. I financied my phone through AT&T Next, and with $205 in store credit, that covered the Apple Care Protection Plan (why not), a $50 activation fee (or whatever), and a black iPhone 6 leather case. I ended up playing $1.57 total out of pocket.

I'm loving it so far. The leather case is also really nice. Although, I'm having trouble restoring my photos from my cloud backup I made right before buying my iPhone 6. Everything else has switched seamlessly, however my photos/videos are taking FOREVER (it was been "downloading" for roughly four hours now). Anybody have a solution to this?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was because I haven't been connected to wi-fi in that time. Wow. I feel dumb.

DOWN

Banned
You know what, as much as I like the leather case I think I'm going to go naked and get Applecare+ as a precaution. The phone feels way too nice in the hand to cover up for the most part. I'll put the leather case on when I travel or something.

How can I get Applecare+ now that I bought the phone? Do I call in or go into the Apple store and buy it? Can I buy it online? How are people's experiences with AC+ when it comes to accidental damages/replacements?

You can do phone or store within 60 days. On the phone, they do a diagnostic test and you're all set. In the store, they do a diagnostic and visually need to look at the phone for damage. It's easy either way.

Eh, in this case, there really should be a separate line for iPhone vs. other transactions. I'm pretty sure last time I went by Apple on the 5 launch day for a case, they let me walk by the people who were waiting on the phones.

Actually, it's probably easier to use the Apple store app to purchase accessories when the store employees are busy or you already know what you want...

Sobriquet

Either call (800) 275-2273 or go to an Apple store. I'm on the phone right now. It's currently a hell of a wait.

MercuryLS

Banned
Also this is honestly the nicest device Apple has ever made. It's out the this world awesome. The quality of the materials, fit and finish, the buttons, the way the smooth glass curves perfectly into the aluminum chassis. It's so incredible, the best phone phone upgrade I've ever made, far more impressive than even the jump to 4 or 5.

Top Bottom