• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

I just ordered a 128 gb 6 plus through t-mobile.

I'm gonna be waiting awhile aren't I?

I'm hoping whatever production problems they had are over and they seriously crank that Plus out.

I ordered on the 14th from my carrier and I expect it to be the first week of October.

Dsyndrome

Stupid 64 gb 6 wouldn't activate yesterday, had to take it to AT&T today, and now for some reason my account's all jacked up saying I'm still eligible for an upgrade. Someone needs to fix that shit.

Stupid 64 gb 6 wouldn't activate yesterday, had to take it to AT&T today, and now for some reason my account's all jacked up saying I'm still eligible for an upgrade. Someone needs to fix that shit.

Throughout the lifetime of the 3G, 3GS and 4 my carrier had me listed as owning a Motorola razr. The flip one. I was eligible for an upgrade yearly until they caught it.

It was great.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any trouble logging into GAF on Safari with the new devices? I input my info and press login and it just refreshed the login page.

My battery life is good unless I'm playing a 3D game. After taking a couple of calls today, answering email, texting, Etc, I was at 83% at 9:15 PM, after being fully charged this morning at 11 AM. Played KOTOR for maybe 45 minutes, and battery dropped 20%.

antigoon

Man, my battery was around 30% today after 4ish hours of use just browsing the web, twitter, and texting.

Was pretty disappointed.

Well, that's kinda annoying.

My dad decided he didn't want my old 4s. I wish he would've told me that before so I could've traded it in and gotten my 6 for free. Thanks, dad.

Anyone know a reputable website I can sell this 4s to?

Servbot24

Banned
My battery started at 80% yesterday around 7pm, 27 hours later it's at 25%. Fantastic compared to my 4s which couldn't even get 16 hours of mild use.

I drove over to my local verizon store today to get my hands on both versions. I wanted to make sure the plus wasn't too big for me before I preorder. I went ahead and put an order in for the iphone 6 plus 64gb space grey on a 2 year contract. The verizon guy estimated mid to end of october. Crossing my fingers for an early shipment!

Also trading in my iphone 4 for $200 credit.

Ashhong

Well, that's kinda annoying.

My dad decided he didn't want my old 4s. I wish he would've told me that before so I could've traded it in and gotten my 6 for free. Thanks, dad.

Anyone know a reputable website I can sell this 4s to?

Verizon? You can go back in and trade it in and should be able to get your credit

It wouldn't segment the market.

Of course it would. Why make an app for so few devices? The plus has to sell a lot more units. Besides, there isnt much more effort that needs to be put in to make an app universal.

The point is moot however. Apple doesn't allow it at this point.

Sobriquet

Of course it would. Why make an app for so few devices? The plus has to sell a lot more units. Besides, there isnt much more effort that needs to be put in to make an app universal.

The point is moot however. Apple doesn't allow it at this point.

I think you're misunderstanding. Currently iPhone or Universal apps on the Plus can have extra functionality.

Bullza2o

Right now on hold calling Apple regarding my preorder that I canceled. Listening to some terrible terrible hold music --is this what hipsters listen to?!

Future

Played with them in the store just now. 6 is the perfect size for sure. IPhone 4s and 5 size lovers be damned. It doesn't even feel big, the 5 and others just feel small.

But the plus... Haha damn. Right now it doesn't demo so well because there weren't any apps designed for the size. So everything including text just felt jumbo. Couldn't use safari much since the store was packed and their wifi wasn't working too well.

My thumb felt pretty good using the keyboard with one hand. But it definitely feels the most natural with two for sure. They did a great job with the thinness and weight. Felt good in the hand and mine are pretty average I think.

Tough decision. I'm on safari way more than using it as a phone, so that plus real estate seems awesome. But the 6 feels like the perfect phone overall, one that you can still carry anywhere, run with at the gym, etc

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ah... ah... this is what I wanted to hear and I wasn't aware of. There will be, then, PLUS specific apps? Sorry if it's been asked before.

No, not really in those terms. But also.. kinda of yes. iOS now supports responsive design/auto layout/whatever you want to call it. So apps won't be exlsuve to the 6Plus but they will have features only available on the 6Plus. Its a screen size thing. On screens above a certain threshold iOS will display more UI panes. Things like having a list view as well as the content view in email, etc. Stuff like that... at first.

I'm not really sure if that describes it well.

subrock

Left the house today at 9:15am at 100%, used it on and off throughout the day, now at 7:40pm I'm sitting at 76%.

For comparison, while in line yesterday my 5 went from over 90% to around... 33%? in three hours of use only checking Facebook and GAF. Pathetic.
Oh shit! I made the right call with the 6 plus. Held one yesterday and it didn't feel crazy so I'll be happy when it gets here come mid October

Dartastic

I thought that the battery on the iPhone 6 was supposed to be better. It was fully charged at 10 am and now at 8 it's at 23 percent. That can't be correct, right?

I'm just now at 21% with five more hours of use, so it could be right I guess. What's your battery usage like?

The 6 plus was supposed to be the big battery upgrade, however that seems ridiculous for a new phones battery to degrade so fast regardless.
X8zSBzal.jpg

That can't be right...

The 6 plus is a monster phone the 6 feels perfect. Looks like hot garbage but man fuck chamfered edges that continuous glass edge feels so nice to do the back and forward swipe on. The phone feels heavier too not the super light cheap feeling of the iPhone 5.

AlexMogil

No, not really in those terms. But also.. kinda of yes. iOS now supports responsive design/auto layout/whatever you want to call it. So apps won't be exlsuve to the 6Plus but they will have features only available on the 6Plus. Its a screen size thing. On screens above a certain threshold iOS will display more UI panes. Things like having a list view as well as the content view in email, etc. Stuff like that... at first.

I'm not really sure if that describes it well.

Yes, along with Chubby Keanu's answers. Very helpful and thanks for taking the time.

Top Bottom