• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Wow I have 3 out of 5 bars with ATT and I am getting 6.65 down and .60 upload... hella slow yo WTF ATT!?

If your area is congested, there's not much you can do. The tower probably has a lot of people connected to it.

It can also be your IMEI number. I remember a few years back when I upgraded to the 4S, I switched my SIM card to it, but I had to call AT&T and update the IMEI number. Only after I did that did I see the upgraded speeds.

Xamdou

If your area is congested, there's not much you can do. The tower probably has a lot of people connected to it.

It can also be your IMEI number. I remember a few years back when I upgraded to the 4S, I switched my SIM card to it, but I had to call AT&T and update the IMEI number. Only after I did that did I see the upgraded speeds.

Where is this IMEI number and what do I do with it. Also there is alrdy a sim card on my new Iphone 6 right?

sangreal

Where would I find these options? I just searched the website and my phone app and see nothing related to video upload quality.

it's in the actual settings app, not the facebook app

What download and upload speeds is everyone getting on their Iphone 6's 4G LTE?

HFuJVbvl.png

(Verizon)

Where is this IMEI number and what do I do with it. Also there is alrdy a sim card on my new Iphone 6 right?

Settings > General > About

If you upgraded to an iPhone 6 through AT&T using a 2 year contract or AT&T Next, then the IMEI number should have updated when you activated the iPhone. So, I think your area is just congested right now.

For example, at home, I only get 2 or 1 bar of AT&T LTE service for some reason. The speeds are great though, nothing to write home about, but at least they're not horrible. When I get to work, it's a completely different story though.

Xamdou

Settings > General > About

If you upgraded to an iPhone 6 through AT&T using a 2 year contract or AT&T Next, then the IMEI number should have updated when you activated the iPhone. So, I think your area is just congested right now.

For example, at home, I only get 2 or 1 bar of AT&T LTE service for some reason. The speeds are great though, nothing to write home about, but at least they're not horrible. When I get to work, it's a completely different story though.

Ok, I'll try another speed test tomorrow at work!

seantos

Neo Member
Anyone know if there is a way to make siri work with google hangouts? I use hangouts for chatting but i would like to have the functionality where siri will read your text message to you. Is that possible or is it something that might be coming with the new iOS 8 api's?

SeanR1221

Don't buy the griffin reveal case guys. One weekend of use and the back is scratched to shit. Returning it tomorrow.

Went back to the leather case. I'll stick with this one.

Juice

Anyone know if there is a way to make siri work with google hangouts? I use hangouts for chatting but i would like to have the functionality where siri will read your text message to you. Is that possible or is it something that might be coming with the new iOS 8 api's?

Not possible and not happening until Siri gets an API

Juice

If you're in a congested area then T-Mobile has towers. You can switch to T-Mobile. I just did and after getting zero bandwidth on 5 bars of LTE radio signal with AT&T, I am now getting amazing bandwidth on 1 bar of LTE radio signal from T-Mobile

DOWN

Banned
Alright, I like this case but there's a couple of issues so I think I'll try the Apple Leather case too. This one has a snug fit all over and feels good. It is a bit stiff and has basically no lip around the screen to prevent it from touching tables when face down, though.

The worst problem, however, is that since it was designed before the company had the phone in hand, the ports are not well lined up. So bad, to the point that you can't plug in the Lightning connector. Thankfully, the company warns of this in the package and says that if there were any issues with fit since this is a new product, they'll send a new fit free of charge.

15312956761_2e90edbce7_b.jpg

15129576297_a2f152264e_b.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N98M0K8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

As much as I want to go caseless, I need to add a case to it. The phone just gets too hot and its not comfortable after like 6-8 minutes of usage.

If you're in a congested area then T-Mobile has towers. You can switch to T-Mobile. I just did and after getting zero bandwidth on 5 bars of LTE radio signal with AT&T, I am now getting amazing bandwidth on 1 bar of LTE radio signal from T-Mobile

I thought about doing that so many times, but I'm just not sure if T-Mobile is a better service here in my area. While I may have service here at home, it may not be all the great at work. I also have co-workers who use T-Mobile, and they have had random service blackouts on their phones. It's so strange, but I'm completely satisfied with AT&T right now.

Apath

So how many of us plebs are still waiting on their pre-orders? Ordered before 12PM PDT and I'm still waiting on my 64GB Space Gray 6 Plus from AT&T.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well. It's official! The 6 I have right now is going to the wife and I'll be getting the 6 Plus.

I played around with it in the store, and while it does feel huge, I think it will be manageable. The higher res screen is just too damn good to pass up.

HUELEN10

Well. It's official! The 6 I have right now is going to the wife and I'll be getting the 6 Plus.

I played around with it in the store, and while it does feel huge, I think it will be manageable. The higher res screen is just too damn good to pass up.
You'll have to pass it up if you like Zoom View unfortunately.

Bacon

So how many of us plebs are still waiting on their pre-orders? Ordered before 12PM PDT and I'm still waiting on my 64GB Space Gray 6 Plus from AT&T.

My preorder was scheduled to ship on October fucking 31st so I cancelled and am picking up an iPhone 6 plus at the apple store in grand central tomorrow!

Bgamer90

Banned

Me. I'm going all out (rage mode over the phone) if I dont get a shipping update tomorrow. I'm a pretty laid back guy but this is really ridiculous.

Pastry

Banned
My preorder was scheduled to ship on October fucking 31st so I cancelled and am picking up an iPhone 6 plus at the apple store in grand central tomorrow!

None of the Apple stores have any plus in Stock, the nearest one is in Austin :( I'll be checking everyday

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I finally played with both phones today at the Apple Store.
They feel so great in the hands. The Plus is too large for me but is stunning.

Can't wait to get the standard 6.

Bacon

None of the Apple stores have any plus in Stock, the nearest one is in Austin :( I'll be checking everyday

That's what I expected when I was checking availability but it turns out that the plus is in stock in most of the apple stores in NYC. Made me a super happy guy.

Pastry

Banned
That's what I expected when I was checking availability but it turns out that the plus is in stock in most of the apple stores in NYC. Made me a super happy guy.

Damn, I considered making the hour drive to Austin haha. I'll just wait until one of the stores here gets it in.

WillyFive

From seeing them in person, the Plus' screen seems inferior, probably due to its PPI. It also looks very bulky (especially the ones with a white front) but the 6 seems really sharp and at a great size.

DOWN

Banned
From seeing them in person, the Plus' screen seems inferior, probably due to its PPI. It also looks very bulky (especially the ones with a white front) but the 6 seems really sharp and at a great size.

Plus has a higher PPI but slightly lower contrast.

Kibbles

Weird because the Plus has a higher PPI than the 6

Are these 4G download speeds peeps are showing or is it their local wifi? Cause damn. Paying 50$ a month for 18Mb/s. Seeing 50Mb/s over 4g would make me jealous

Still rocking a 4s iPhone over here lol

I ordered a 6+ from TMO today (switching from ATT). They told me that there was a backorder and it should take 2-4 days for the phone to be shipped...that's not a bad backorder to me. I tried to see the phone in person, but the Houston Galleria store was packed, as usual, and I didn't really feel like going to the other stores. Apparently they're building another Apple Store in the mall too.

Is there a good way to manage applications? I have so many linked and duplicate accounts that I need to clean up. Also, I randomly discovered that with iOS 8, I can answer phone calls via my iPad.

Top Bottom