• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

antigoon

I'm not sure why the home and lock screen took up that much %. Maybe my screen is too bright? I haven't adjusted the settings for when it shuts itself off.

DOWN

Banned
I sure hope so. It has to end at some point. There is no need to go thinner than the 6.

Yeah. I like that they got heavier. I want something to feel. Too thin and too light is not my thing. I was never more thrilled by hardware than the 4 design.

NYR

Looks like the phone is TOO thin. People are reporting the phone warps if you leave it in your pocket too long (e.g. - bends to match the shape of your leg or pocket when you sit).

attachment.php

Guess Who

Banned
Looks like the phone is TOO thin. People are reporting the phone warps if you leave it in your pocket too long (e.g. - bends to match the shape of your leg or pocket when you sit).

attachment.php

There were reports of this with the 5, too. Aluminum is just a soft metal.

Namikaze

Does anyone have The World Ends With You or Ghost Trick on their iPhone 6? Can't get them to boot properly without hanging/crashing:

Vyer

Does anyone have The World Ends With You or Ghost Trick on their iPhone 6? Can't get them to boot properly without hanging/crashing:

In the gaming side thread they mentioned that it hasn't been updated for iOS 8 yet, some sort of bug they need to patch.

Hey, guys. Got a 6 waiting for me at home tonight. If I just place the SIM card from my 5s into the 6 and turn it on will it be fine? Do I need to call AT&T to activate?

If you ordered through AT&T for your account that you've already set up, it'll arrive with a sim card tailored to that number that you were upgrading

If you bought an unlocked phone that doesn't have a sim card, I actually don't know. If your number is already paying the correct smartphone monthly fees, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Corgi

Banned
oh god, how do old ass apps that were not updated for Retina look on the new phones >.<

So new owners that jumped from iphone 5 and been using it for a day or so, how do you like the phone in terms of feel, OS speed, camera, heat (iphone 5 always heated up randomly for me), and other little things?

Also 6+ folks, is it possible to use the phone 1 handed with that hand's thumb like you can with older iphones? My 6+ case arrived and i can't see how i can do it while still comfortable with the grip.

HGStormy

Banned

attachment.php

Damn, I was really worried about this after seeing how thin it is :c

oh god, how do old ass apps that were not updated for Retina look on the new phones >.<

So new owners that jumped from iphone 5 and been using it for a day or so, how do you like the phone in terms of feel, OS speed, camera, heat (iphone 5 always heated up randomly for me), and other little things?

Also 6+ folks, is it possible to use the phone 1 handed with that hand's thumb like you can with older iphones? My 6+ case arrived and i can't see how i can do it while still comfortable with the grip.

At least for games, old apps looks perfectly fine on my iPhone 6.

Compared to the 5, it's a good amount faster, the screen looks quite a bit better, and the camera is substantially better (especially when it comes to noise).

attachment.php

that is why you keep it in a case so it doesn't warp

edit. that image is from Macrumors. a total of 3 people have reported in that 600 topic. I would have assumed it is more widespread than that but it doesn't look like it especially considering the 5 and 5S also had similar cases but the reporting for this is exponentially more despite only 3 people reporting it because it is so thin so people are looking for this as a story

RoKKeR

Phone should be in tomorrow, so pumped to ditch my current android phone and jump back on the iPhone train. Got the Apple Leather case too so I don't drop it!

Any must-have apps?

Apath

Me. I'm going all out (rage mode over the phone) if I dont get a shipping update tomorrow. I'm a pretty laid back guy but this is really ridiculous.
I don't mind the wait, but it really bothers me that people who pre-ordered after me with AT&T for the same exact phone have received theirs first.

knicks

that is why you keep it in a case so it doesn't warp

edit. that image is from Macrumors. a total of 3 people have reported in that 600 topic. I would have assumed it is more widespread than that but it doesn't look like it especially considering the 5 and 5S also had similar cases but the reporting for this is exponentially more despite only 3 people reporting it because it is so thin so people are looking for this as a story

The phone has been out for less than three days. What do you mean only 3 people reported on 1 message board. This is defiantly something to keep an eye on. This guy said this happened over 1 day while attending a wedding, and wearing semi loose dress pants.

The phone has been out for less than three days. What do you mean only 3 people reported on 1 message board. This is defiantly something to keep an eye on. This guy said this happened over 1 day while attending a wedding, and wearing semi loose dress pants.

It happened to people for iPhone 5 and 5S as well and that was after launch too for a few people. It is a consequence of going too thin. if it were a widespread issue it would happen to a lot more phones by now than just 3 but thankfully like the 5 and 5S it seems to be limited to aluminium bending in some cases. the 3 cases yet are all yet reported by Macrumor members similar to what happened to 5 and 5S

http://www.cultofmac.com/248603/iphone-5ses-are-bending-in-peoples-pockets/
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/1...just-like-the-iphone-5-early-adopters-report/
http://www.todaysiphone.com/2013/10...ng-in-peoples-pockets-all-by-themselves-pics/
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1452478

Darkman M

I don't mind the wait, but it really bothers me that people who pre-ordered after me with AT&T for the same exact phone have received theirs first.

Yeah AT&T's launch was a joke, I my order in no later then 10 mins after the launch and still waiting. One of the phones ordered arrives tommorow, mine is showing 10/2- 10-13.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Guys this is no issue. Apple is simply allowing us to have transforming phones. Flexible displays, apple did it first. The LG Flex ain't shit.

It happened to people for iPhone 5 and 5S as well and that was after launch too for a few people. It is a consequence of going too thin. if it were a widespread issue it would happen to a lot more phones by now than just 3 but thankfully like the 5 and 5S it seems to be limited to aluminium bending in some cases. the 3 cases yet are all yet reported by Macrumor members similar to what happened to 5 and 5S

Aluminum is aluminum. It is a historically weak material, but also very light. This is going to be a problem for the 6+ for as long as they use it.

knicks

Okay...don't compare the 5/5S to the 6/6 Plus. Please don't do that again. The 6/6 Plus is significantly thinner than those phones. Significantly thinner. This is defiantly a concern.

Guess Who

Banned
Okay...don't compare the 5/5S to the 6/6 Plus. Please don't do that again. The 6/6 Plus is significantly thinner than those phones. Significantly thinner. This is defiantly a concern.

This isn't a problem with it being thin, this is a problem with rigidity. It's more to do with construction and materials than how thick it is.

holy hell i just looked at my 5 and i just now noticed its a little bent. not too much but im really worried how bad it might get with the 6. It is significantly thinner

Dead

well not really...yet
My 5S never got bent but there was a period of a few days where it literally got bloated and was fatter in the middle than it was before

then it went back to normal

da fuck

I understand this was an issue with the 5/5S, however the potential for it happening to these newer phones have to be increased greatly. No?

the point is its going to be an issue with some people but how many people realised it was an issue until they searched up a phone from 2 years and a year ago. so its not as widespread yet...but we will have to wait and see.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I understand this was an issue with the 5/5S, however the potential for it happening to these newer phones have to be increased greatly. No?

What was with the weird "don't compare the 5/5S to the 6/6 Plus. Please don't do that again" comment?

the point is its going to be an issue with some people but how many people realised it was an issue until they searched up a phone from 2 years and a year ago. so its not as widespread yet...but we will have to wait and see.

i would recommend not putting your phone in ur back pocket and sitting down with it. common sense but a lot people do it.

knicks

What was with the weird "don't compare the 5/5S to the 6/6 Plus. Please don't do that again" comment?

I was referring to the models in terms of the thinness. I feel like the 6/6 Plus are so much thinner. Perhaps I am not educated enough on this matter. I thought the thinness of the phone is what causes the likelihood of the phone getting bent.

Top Bottom