• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

knicks

i would recommend not putting your phone in ur back pocket and sitting down with it. common sense but a lot people do it.

Those pictures in the thread were from people placing it in their front pockets and sitting down. One person said they drove for 3 hours, sat down at a wedding, and the next morning it was bent. Never placed it in the back pocket.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I was referring to the models in terms of the thinness. I feel like the 6/6 Plus are so much thinner. Perhaps I am not educated enough on this matter. I thought the thinness of the phone is what causes the likelihood of the phone getting bent.

It just sounded aggressive/awkward so I had to ask.
Anyway, it's not about how thin something is, it's about material.

And I don't believe the guy for a second who says it bent by being in his front pocket.
These phones are put through rigidity tests. Actually sitting on it is no good of course.

Those pictures in the thread were from people placing it in their front pockets and sitting down. One person said they drove for 3 hours, sat down at a wedding, and the next morning it was bent. Never placed it in the back pocket.

thats pretty bad. i wear skinny jeans and that shits going to bend so quick

knicks

It just sounded aggressive/awkward so I had to ask.
Anyway, it's not about how thin something is, it's about material.

And I don't believe the guy for a second who says it bent by being in his front pocket.
These phones are put through rigidity tests. Actually sitting on it is no good of course.

Yeah that's what I thought too. Here is the post he made:

I received my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB spacegray at about 3pm on Friday and set it up, but haven't worn it out that day, so it wasn't in my pocket.

Yesterday, I left at 10am with the iPhone in my left front pocket of my suit pants. I drove 4 hours to a wedding, which also involved a lot of sitting during dinner etc but also 2-3 hours of dancing. I left at 2m and went to bed, driving home 4 hours back.

So in total, the 6 Plus was about 18 hours in my pocket while sitting mostly.

As I lay it on the coffee table and sat down on the couch to relax from the drive (yes, sitting again ), I saw the reflection of the window in the iPhones slightly distorted. Now I lay it flat with the display side on the table, take a look.

Anion

If this bendgate thing becomes a larger problem (we shall see in a few days), Ill probably loose my desire to upgrade my 5S to a 6
which might be a good thing for me lol

Guess Who

Banned
If this bendgate thing becomes a larger problem (we shall see in a few days), Ill probably loose my desire to upgrade my 5S to a 6

bH8UKiS.jpg

~no phone is safe~

Shearie

Bendgate is obviously a huge problem already.

How do I know? Because someone put the word "gate" at the end of another word. Expect a class action lawsuit against Apple soon.

DOWN

Banned
Since Best Buy isn't shipping or showing any stores with the Leather 6 case, despite the good price, is there anywhere I can get the black 6 leather case in a physical store? Or am I best off ordering from Apple?

HoTHiTTeR

Curved screens are all the rage now... Don't any of you drive cars and aren't able to make/take phone calls now w/ the new BT stack and iOS8? Having to go back to holding my phone to my chest w/ a seatbelt is hokey as hell. I even see threads on the developer forums, but no one seems to care?

Vyer

lol. You guys must be real bored.

Curved screens are all the rage now... Don't any of you drive cars and aren't able to make/take phone calls now w/ the new BT stack and iOS8? Having to go back to holding my phone to my chest w/ a seatbelt is hokey as hell. I even see threads on the developer forums, but no one seems to care?

I have one of the last gen ford sync systems in my car, but it seemed to pair and work just fine. I haven't had any problems calling, but I don't know that I've taken a call yet. I'll be able to try it out with the work day tomorrow.

This has been an issue with other thin aluminum-frame phones (Sony) but considering the significantly higher number of iPhones sold in comparison to those here, this chapter of Bendgate might get more news traction.

Just picked mine up. Formerly of the 4s tribe.

Well, theverge.com & the Facebook app now make sense: both run super smooth on the iPhone 6. They were slow as dirt on the 4s.

TouchID is real nice. Enough new things for me coming from a 4s that it recalls the transition from 3g => iPhone 4.

Feels good, man.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Just picked mine up. Formerly of the 4s tribe.

Well, theverge.com & the Facebook app now make sense: both run super smooth on the iPhone 6. They were slow as dirt on the 4s.

TouchID is real nice. Enough new things for me coming from a 4s that it recalls the transition from 3g => iPhone 4.

Feels good, man.

Good to hear. I'm rocking an aging 4S now. I really can't wait for everything to be zippy. Also some friggin LTE would be nice (it's 2014!!).

Enfinit

The battery life on the 6 Plus continues to amaze me. It is so damn good.
I'm also impressed with the battery life of the regular iPhone 6. I've read a lot of people (in the thread particularly) are having problems with the 6's battery, but I'm certainly not one of them. There's nothing but praise for the 6 Plus' battery either. The thing is a titan.

FtsH

What's the best way to carry 6 plus with you? I mean I don't usually take a messenger bag with me....5S fits in the pocket just fine but where should I put a 6 plus? The phone actually looks quite nice after I tried it in Apple store and I'm considering getting one....

Addnan

What's the best way to carry 6 plus with you? I mean I don't usually take a messenger bag with me....5S fits in the pocket just fine but where should I put a 6 plus? The phone actually looks quite nice after I tried it in Apple store and I'm considering getting one....
In your front pocket like every other phone? It's not fat, it slides into even skinny jeans.

M_A_C

The real man's choice.

Sobriquet

Since Best Buy isn't shipping or showing any stores with the Leather 6 case, despite the good price, is there anywhere I can get the black 6 leather case in a physical store? Or am I best off ordering from Apple?

Apple stores have 'em. I think that's it.

lustrate

does anyone have experience with the apple leather case? i'm planning on buying either that or the silicon one tomorrow. i was planning on going black as i have a black 6+.

Rlan

Hey guys,

Over here at Halfbrick we're all rushing to fix up our games for the iPhone 6 and 6+. Turns out something we do graphically in our games like Jetpack Joyride is something the new phones don't like!

We're on the case and our games will be up and fixed as soon as possible :)

jts

...hate me...
Looks like the phone is TOO thin. People are reporting the phone warps if you leave it in your pocket too long (e.g. - bends to match the shape of your leg or pocket when you sit).

attachment.php
"Ive, we have to go back"
"to stainless steel"

I wouldn't even be mad.

I (as in the retail store I work for) missed out on 8 sales of iPhone 6 today, because we don't have any fucking iPhone 6s for at least two more weeks!!! A potential 100 bucks of commission in a single day! But nooo, we don't have any fucking iPhones to sell (or pretty much any good phones). Fuck you, [insert my employer here]!!

I saw a non+ one today. Looks nice.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I (as in the retail store I work for) missed out on 8 sales of iPhone 6 today, because we don't have any fucking iPhone 6s for at least two more weeks!!! A potential 100 bucks of commission in a single day! But nooo, we don't have any fucking iPhones to sell (or pretty much any good phones). Fuck you, [insert my employer here]!!

I saw a non+ one today. Looks nice.

You probably shouldn't blame your employer because so many businesses don't have stock. This thing is confirmed supply constrained.

I'm number 12 on a Canada-wide waitlist for my carrier and have been since the beginning. That means they probably didn't get a single unit.

subrock

Hey guys,

Over here at Halfbrick we're all rushing to fix up our games for the iPhone 6 and 6+. Turns out something we do graphically in our games like Jetpack Joyride is something the new phones don't like!

nice! glad you guys are reaching out about it. I'd be curious to hear what the problem ends up being.

jts

...hate me...
Also it's one more reason not to go caseless. The case adds some rigidity to it.

Can't believe I'm spewing such words, but oh well, since there are Apple cases for the iPhone now I don't care too much anymore.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
does anyone have experience with the apple leather case? i'm planning on buying either that or the silicon one tomorrow. i was planning on going black as i have a black 6+.

Got exactly that config here. The leather one is quality like the 5 one was. You will lose that seamless glass connection as it comes over the edge in a lip that prevents front facing scratches, but it does make it easier to grab. The silicone one has the same build, is stiff with flock insides and even grippier. Give them both a try if you can.

Ninja Dom

Hey guys,

Explain a bit more please. Is that as the games are in their current state?

The Titan finally fell.

Taken off the charger at 9am Saturday morning. Died at 12:15am Monday morning.

Thing is an absolute beast.

I cannot for the life of me get the goddamn imgur link on my phone but the stats were:

Usage: 10 hours 15 minutes
Standby: 1 day 15 hours

My next test will be to turn on LTE and we how that affects the battery life.

Top Bottom