• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Rootbeer

Banned
bentgate is going to have a positive impact on the next iteration of the iphone. They'll have to rethink the chasis, either with new material or another new design to help prevent bending.

This is good because they usually stick with the same look for two cycles. They may not be able to do that this time, so people on the "S" upgrade cycle may benefit from this.

bentgate is going to have a positive impact on the next iteration of the iphone. They'll have to rethink the chasis, either with new material or another new design to help prevent bending.

This is good because they usually stick with the same look for two cycles. They may not be able to do that this time, so people on the "S" upgrade cycle may benefit from this.
Antennae-gate didn't do that for the iPhone 4S, they broke the antenna with a couple new little pieces of rubber/plastic but otherwise the phone looked exactly the same as the 4.

DOWN

Banned
The screen has never seemed so close to my fingers. It's like they used thinner glass or something because in combination with the curve, there's this effect where it's almost like you aren't touching glass, but rather the LCD itself. It feels like the bottom of the curve sinks deeper into the phone's thickness than the LCD.

I purchased the 6 on amazon for $930 and 3 hours later someone is selling it for $750 and for the most part a lot cheaper than what I got it for. I tried contacting the seller to cancel but he already shipped out and now I've got to refuse the package.. Now going on amazon and selecting the return process gives me an error saying the seller marked the item as flammable liquids and isn't accepted for returns. Question... Does USPS leave packages in the mailbox for priority or should someone come to the door later in the day for signature confirmation?

I purchased the 6 on amazon for $930 and 3 hours later someone is selling it for $750 and for the most part a lot cheaper than what I got it for. I tried contacting the seller to cancel but he already shipped out and now I've got to refuse the package.. Now going on amazon and selecting the return process gives me an error saying the seller marked the item as flammable liquids and isn't accepted for returns. Question... Does USPS leave packages in the mailbox for priority or should someone come to the door later in the day for signature confirmation?

Marked as flammable liquids? Message Amazon and say that isn't true and they lied, should be able to help you out

Unless they really did put flammable liquids in there?

Marked as flammable liquids? Message Amazon and say that isn't true and they lied, should be able to help you out

Unless they really did put flammable liquids in there?

He marked the item as flammable to avoid ANY returns. I contacted amazon and the online support agent said I had to refer to the sellers return policy and if it's not acceptable I'll have to escalate it to the buyer protection program. Now i need to figure out how the package is coming In and just refuse it before it's delivered.

DOWN

Banned
He marked the item as flammable to avoid ANY returns. I contacted amazon and the online support agent said I had to refer to the sellers return policy and if it's not acceptable I'll have to escalate it to the buyer protection program. Now i need to figure out how the package is coming In and just refuse it before it's delivered.

Stick a note on the door saying:

I refuse all packages marked flammable. I will not repeat myself.

Jzero

Your fault for being impatient.

Ninja Dom

i knew I was gonna be away all of this weekend just gone and my 6 got delivered to my parents on Saturday. Now I'm on my way over there to pick it up and I'm very excited.

The only prob is my dad asked me to hand him down my 5S but I've already promised that to my girlfriend. I've got an old 3GS he can have, he currently doesn't use a smartphone.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
i knew I was gonna be away all of this weekend just gone and my 6 got delivered to my parents on Saturday. Now I'm on my way over there to pick it up and I'm very excited.

The only prob is my dad asked me to hand him down my 5S but I've already promised that to my girlfriend. I've got an old 3GS he can have, he currently doesn't use a smartphone.

punch him in the balls while you're there :p

Jzero

Damn bro, he wasted fat stacks on you while you were growing up and you can't even give him your old phone? shame on you.

Do you hate him or something?

jts

...hate me...
And when he gets the 3GS he'll probably wish he was still using it.

Pffftt no way ;p

I'm moving abroad and I'm going to get a 2nd cell to keep my home country number simultaneously with a new foreign number, and that phone is probably going to be a 3GS. That way I also get iMessage with both numbers and whatnot. Also, cheap. Also, was my first iPhone so nostalgia <3

Nicktendo86

Reading the 17 page thread on Macrumors about the bending phones has me a little concerned.
Aluminium is a soft metal and these phones are stupidly thin, I could easily imaging the 6+ especially bending a bit of pressure is applied. Be careful and it should be fine.

Yet another reason however why they should not have made these so thin.

MicH

My dad is still using my old 3GS and he seems pleased with it. It's his first smartphone as well. I'll give him my old 4S when I get my 6, though

Hey guys, I just booted up my brand new iPhone 6 and I don't know where to go from here. The last iPhone I had was Gen 4, I'm coming back to Apple after two years with a Nexus 4. What apps are highly recommended? Tips for best use of iOS 8? Tips for app organisation?

Ovid

Holy shit....

10371400_10205055827498064_1172548732661597996_n.jpg

attachment.php
OMG!

Is this only a 6+ issue?

Mulberry

If you want to send it back, take the tracking number to usps.com and select package intercept. You will be able to have it sent back to the sender but it will cost you some money for the service.

DOWN

Banned

I would never give someone my paperweight as a gift. The audacity.

If you want to send it back, take the tracking number to usps.com and select package intercept. You will be able to have it sent back to the sender but it will cost you some money for the service.

Looks like he magically got back the phone. His response below.. He told me he shipped it on Friday morning And I had a feeling it was bs.

Next time please shop only if you are 100% sure, I ran to the post office to drop off your iPhone, and ran this morning before they open to grab it. Luckily they didn't do anything yesterday and it was ready for going before I grabbed it.
I have ran around like a mad man, I have to charge you $50 for making my life miserable
That's only fair

Reading the 17 page thread on Macrumors about the bending phones has me a little concerned.

I'm concerned about several members of MacRumours and their mental health as they seem delusional.

Some seem to honestly believe that phones shouldn't be put in a pocket.

I'm weeping for humanity.

DOWN

Banned
Looks like he magically got back the phone. His response below..

Next time please shop only if you are 100% sure, I ran to the post office to drop off your iPhone, and ran this morning before they open to grab it. Luckily they didn't do anything yesterday and it was ready for going before I grabbed it.
I have ran around like a mad man, I have to charge you $50 for making my life miserable
That's only fair
I'd say that's not too unreasonable a price for backing out. You'll still be ahead in price.

ZeroX03

Banned
So what's the word on a bent phone being covered by warranty?

If it becomes a big deal Apple will probably jump on it and offer replacements or cases or something. I always take my phone out of my pocket when I sit down so I don't think it'll affect me.

I'd say that's not too unreasonable a price for backing out. You'll still be ahead in price.

Hell no he didn't even ship out the phone in the first place he simply created a label. Amazon.com only let's the marketplace seller offer a partial refund when the item is returned in a different condition then when he sent it out as. He shouldn't get a dime.

Reading through the #bendgate thread is hilarious. I think the problem has only happened to a couple of people in there but the apologists are out in droves. It's beautiful to see posts claiming the OP was sitting wrong and condemning people for thinking they could put the 6 Plus in their pocket in the first place.

I think one of the people claiming to have the issue is a 6 user, not Plus.

"You're holding it wrong" - The Sequel.

Eiolon

aluminum's a lot weaker than stainless steel

you can thank apple's cost cutting measures after the superior 4/4s

Stainless steel wouldnt be a good mix now that the phone uses NFC for Apple Pay. It is used to block RFID and people line their wallets and purses to stop thiefs.

SeanR1221

Reading through the #bendgate thread is hilarious. I think the problem has only happened to a couple of people in there but the apologists are out in droves. It's beautiful to see posts claiming the OP was sitting wrong and condemning people for thinking they could put the 6 Plus in their pocket in the first place.

I think one of the people claiming to have the issue is a 6 user, not Plus.

"You're holding it wrong" - The Sequel.

Some even arguing that it's not a phone so it shouldn't be in your pocket anyway.

LOL.

If this happens to me, you better believe I'd be at the apple store demanding an exchange.

God, the bending issue sounds horrific. Completely paranoid now.

I have mine in a Speck case and I had to really push it in to get it in there. Worried about taking it out now LOL

God, the bending issue sounds horrific. Completely paranoid now.

I have mine in a Speck case and I had to really push it in to get it in there. Worried about taking it out now LOL

It's only happened to three people out of that 17 page thread. Two of them provided pics. I'm not ready to go into panic mode, yet.

During the fall and winter my phone will stay in my inside coat pocket most of the time so it isn't much of a concern. Summer should be interesting though as that's when it will probably sit in my jeans.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
What would it feel like to have this phone in your pocket and sitting down...forcing enough pressure on the phone that it bends in your pocket as a result?

That couldn't have been comfortable...

knitoe

I just put my 6+ into a hard shell case and don't have to worry about it. If you go naked, yeah, be careful not to seat, bend and etc. creating force that could bend the phone.

Tobor

No one has claimed this bending will be the death of Apple yet? I'm disappointed. Usually these minor issues cause more drama.

No one has claimed this bending will be the death of Apple yet? I'm disappointed. Usually these minor issues cause more drama.

It's been three days and I have only seen one Apple iPhone 6 in the wild. I haven't even seen anyone using a 6+ yet. They're obviously not selling that well so we are not hearing much about the problem.

I am not ready to declare a bomba, yet. It's coming though.

Steve Jobs' dream is over.

It's been three days and I have only seen one Apple iPhone 6 in the wild. I haven't even seen anyone using a 6+ yet. They're obviously not selling that well so we are not hearing much about the problem.

I am not ready to declare a bomba, yet. It's coming though.

Steve Jobs' dream is over.
"Apple sets another opening weekend record with 10 million iPhone sales"
Bomba

Also I saw someone using a 6 in class today, I was really surprised.

Top Bottom