• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

0HKFa1N.jpg

How does this happen to people?

How in the hell do you bene just the top of the screen?

So I've had my 6 sitting in a box for the past few days and decided I don't want it. Only got it because I was up for an upgrade but I'm happy with my 5. Is there a procedure I have to do if I want to resell it? I imagine I'll have to take it out and remove the sim card but anything else?

Is it locked to the carrier?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So I've had my 6 sitting in a box for the past few days and decided I don't want it. Only got it because I was up for an upgrade but I'm happy with my 5. Is there a procedure I have to do if I want to resell it? I imagine I'll have to take it out and remove the sim card but anything else?

What a waste of money if you're on a contract and getting that device just refreshed it for two years...

Is it still sealed?

BFIB

I'd at least check it out for a few days to compare. If you still don't like it, you could always sell it, and most likely make some extra on top of it.

Apath

Still no shipment from AT&T. How many of you ordered through AT&T after midnight PDT for a space gray 64GB plus and have received it already?

RkOwnage

So my Verizon order has changed from the preorder number to an actual order number, when I try and look up the order number it can't find anything. I'm a little concerned about the order...I can't look anything up. :(

Still no shipment from AT&T. How many of you ordered through AT&T after midnight PDT for a space gray 64GB plus and have received it already?

I ordered a 128gb Space Grey 6+.

Still not shipped. I called AT&T and the rep said my shipping date was in error and my phone should ship in 3-4 business days (Tomorrow/Thursday). Called again to check and another rep said they won't get any 6+ in until October 4th.

So I have no idea who's right. I preordered in the first hour from AT&T since Apple was down...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Still not shipped. I called AT&T and the rep said my shipping date was in error and my phone should ship in 3-4 business days (Tomorrow/Thursday). Called again to check and another rep said they won't get any 6+ in until October 4th.

So I have no idea who's right. I preordered in the first hour from AT&T since Apple was down...

No one knows what they are talking about. There is literally no one you can talk to who can give you correct information. When it comes to these online orders and having them shipped to you, you just kind of have to let the automated system play out. No call center rep can help you.

No one knows what they are talking about. There is literally no one you can talk to who can give you correct information. When it comes to these online orders and having them shipped to you, you just kind of have to let the automated system play out. No call center rep can help you.

Pretty much. I mean yea I kinda want my phone now now now now gimme gimme. But at the end of the day it's a few extra weeks and in the grand scheme of things my iphone 5 will hold up just fine until then.

Just never had this happen. Not sure how Apple could fuck this up so badly...what's the point of preordering an item that's barely available?

Ovid

This screen is amazing. I wonder if in the next major revision they remove the side bezel and have the screen curve around the sides?

knitoe

Loving my 6+, but when browsing with safari, I hate how the bookmarks are located at the bottom right in portrait while top left in landscape. Depending on the website, I view it in a diffferent mode. Why can't it be in the same area. And, to make it worse, in landscape, after selecting a bookmark, it stays and takes 1/3 of the screen. I have to click on the bookmark icon to close it. Annoying each time. It either needs to take less space or disappear like in portrait mode.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
took my dead pixel in. phone was replaced.. couldn't restore my settings over their slammed wifi...

in the car I noticed a tiny (very tiny) ding above the lock switch.

gah.

Apath

From my chat with the rep, nobody knows anything. It is a total cluster fuck.
Yeah, AT&T has been beyond terrible in this. Makes me wonder if I should have just said screw the $200 iPhone 4 trade in and just gotten it through Apple.
Pretty much. I mean yea I kinda want my phone now now now now gimme gimme. But at the end of the day it's a few extra weeks and in the grand scheme of things my iphone 5 will hold up just fine until then.

Just never had this happen. Not sure how Apple could fuck this up so badly...what's the point of preordering an item that's barely available?

It's frustrating hearing people with the same phone configuration but pre-ordered after you have gotten their phone time and time again. Asking the reps why this is happening is frustrating both because you don't get any new information and because they keep reiterating that you'll eventually get the iPhone, which misses the entire point of the inquiry.

It's like waiting in line and seeing people in front of you go, and then when they get to you they start letting people in behind you go. When you ask what is going on, they shrug and tell you that you'll eventually get one too.

What case do you guys have? I hate putting this in a case it's a thing of beauty lol.
Wanted to ask the same thing. Are Spigen and Poetic good brands? I've heard good things about the Poetic Nexus 7 cases, but I've also seen people rate "meh" products well because they simply get the job done.

Edit: Okay, I think this one looks good, but would like to see if anyone else has it and can comment on the volume/power button overlay.

Jomjom

Banned
I hate T-mobile! I'm never making the mistake of ordering from them again.

Preordered as early as possible and yet I'm on "Backorder" status and have received no updates whatsoever. I called customer care and they said not to expect it for minimum 6 weeks, and possibly not until next year. WTF

Cancelled my preorder right then and there. Ridiculous that I still couldn't even check my order status on the website more than 10 days after preorders went up.

a916

This screen is amazing. I wonder if in the next major revision they remove the side bezel and have the screen curve around the sides?

The entire thing should be carved out of sapphire glass (If they can work on the whole not being able to read in ambient light reflective issue) with the screen going down the edges similar to how the Note Edge works.

That's really the only reason I'm kind of hesitant; I had a clear case on my One M7 and the same thing happened. Drove me mad. =/

I had one on my iPhone 4 cause I absolutely loved the glass back but knew it was very fragile and prone to cracking. Ironically enough, it was the dust and debris trapped between the case and glass that scratched up the stainless steel bezels and glass :l It's TPU cases from here on out. I went caseless with my 5 for all two years but I did manage to drop it a handful of times on concrete and asphalt. The soft aluminum absorbs impacts far better than glass but dents and marrs each time.

The anodized aluminum on my slate phone held up amazingly but the chamfered edges had chips in the first month, and the glass plates accrued their fair share of scratches. Other than that, the glass has never shattered and the phone and glass is amazingly impervious to drops on hard wood flooring. Must've dropped my phone like 50-100 times on the floor and it still looks pretty decent. I'm extremely tempted to go caseless again but the 6 is even thinner and more slippery than the 5 so I know that first drop on cement is gonna wreck my day. Thus, the spigen case stays

0HKFa1N.jpg

How does this happen to people?
Maybe it's where your hip is so when sitting it's putting a lot of pressure only on the top section of the screen? Only thing I can think of.
Apple's not going to get rid of the home button/Touch ID and they care about symmetry so the top bezel will always be the same size as the bottom one. They might be able to shave a bit more space off the top and bottom and a bit on the sides, but it won't be much.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's possible, I just don't understand they knee jerk of it's bad because its bigger when he wants the same form factor so its not technically bigger.

hitsugi

I hate T-mobile! I'm never making the mistake of ordering from them again.

Preordered as early as possible and yet I'm on "Backorder" status and have received no updates whatsoever. I called customer care and they said not to expect it for minimum 6 weeks, and possibly not until next year. WTF

Cancelled my preorder right then and there. Ridiculous that I still couldn't even check my order status on the website more than 10 days after preorders went up.

Holy crap. Yet with ATT I could just walk into any Apple Store in my area and buy one right now. What's up with T-Mobile?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap. Yet with ATT I could just walk into any Apple Store in my area and buy one right now. What's up with T-Mobile?

This is their first iPhone launch, isn't it? I imagine they are having some trouble based off that fact alone.

Wanted to ask the same thing. Are Spigen and Poetic good brands? I've heard good things about the Poetic Nexus 7 cases, but I've also seen people rate "meh" products well because they simply get the job done.

Edit: Okay, I think this one looks good, but would like to see if anyone else has it and can comment on the volume/power button overlay.

I kind of regret getting the official one. That looks fantastic.

Jomjom

Banned

I ordered the 6+. I have yet to see any TMO 6+ in the Apple store. I did order directly from TMO though and DAMN they are horrible. They seem like they have absolutely no idea how to handle the launch. On the day of, they didn't even put preorders online until 4-5am PST.

mrkgoo

What a waste of money if you're on a contract and getting that device just refreshed it for two years...

Maybe I'm not understanding how your contracts work over there, but if he didn't do that, wouldn't he just be paying the same amount anyway, just no be in a contract?

So if after another couple years he never got the 6 he's out of pocket by the same amount, simply without the 6 (or whatever money he can get back for selling it)?

I mean, what do people on contracts who DON'T upgrade their phones usually do when their 2 year contract is up?

Does the monthly bill suddenly drop to account by for the lack of a phone subsidy? Or do you hair continue to pay the subsidy whether you get a new phone or not?

I went to T-Mobile Friday and had my name put on the list and my two iPhone 6's are out for delivery today. Weird that some say 6 week waits

MRSA

Banned
This is their first iPhone launch, isn't it? I imagine they are having some trouble based off that fact alone.

They launched with the 5S as well, its really a case of T-Mobile still getting all their shit together while getting the smallest inventory due to being the smallest carrier. My local T-Mobile store has some regular 6s instock right now.

mrkgoo

Lol, so that's a case to protect the phone from scratches and drops with built in protection to stop the case from getting scratched?

I have a great idea, cases for cases, and screen protector protectors.

Jomjom

Banned
Lol, so that's a case to protect the phone from scratches and drops with built in protection to stop the case from getting scratched?

I have a great idea, cases for cases, and screen protector protectors.

I put full body skins on my phone and then put that in a TPU case.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm not understanding how your contracts work over there, but if he didn't do that, wouldn't he just be paying the same amount anyway, just no be in a contract?

Yes, but because T-Mobile has started shaking things up over here, I believe most carriers are beginning to offer cheaper off-contract plans that do not subsidize the devices.

So if after another couple years he never got the 6 he's out of pocket by the same amount, simply without the 6 (or whatever money he can get back for selling it)?

I mean, what do people on contracts who DON'T upgrade their phones usually do when their 2 year contract is up?

They keep paying the same high rate for no good reason.

Does the monthly bill suddenly drop to account by for the lack of a phone subsidy? Or do you hair continue to pay the subsidy whether you get a new phone or not?

This is how no-contract plans like the one T-Mobile offers work. They offer no phone subsidy, but their service is cheaper in general. They do offer 24-month payment plans for the device at not added cost or interest charges. Once you pay it off, your monthly payment obviously becomes cheaper. This is really how it needs to work. Contract plans are just plain robbery.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So does the Note 3, feel like the same size at the iPhone 6 Plus? Went to the store, and all they had was the iPhone 6, and the woman taking to me about them said that the Note 3 was pretty much the same size...all I know is that I hate how thin the 6 is.

Top Bottom