• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Having the lock button on the side is great for the bigger phone...but I find it a little more awkward for taking quick screenshots.
I am adusting to the location of the lock switch, but this is my problem as well. Almost wish screenshot would be lock + volume button. That feels nice

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Does anyone have what looks to possibly be fine lint sticking into the lip of the phone on the side? Almost looks like scratching but I don't think it is.

In light of all this bendgate stuff, I'm still going to go ahead with waiting for the 5.5. The question seems to be that the original plan of getting the silicon case probably won't cut it. So, what's my best option for a hard case?

sigh...my mom got her phone already and the + isn't on our local sprint store yet..they said they haven't shipped a single one (probably lying) in any store

:(

so mad right now

it'll be 2 weeks now :(

to add more wounds..my dad got an iphone6 just buying it from the sprint store.....

and me who bought it payed fully and not leased has not received my + yet....FUCKKKK

This is gonna sound silly, but since this is my first phone ever, is it true that I should let the battery run down completely the first time? I'm hearing conflicting reports.

This is gonna sound silly, but since this is my first phone ever, is it true that I should let the battery run down completely the first time? I'm hearing conflicting reports.
it's not true. This is a fact. Everyone who says otherwise is wrong.

And I'm shaking my head so hard at bend gate. Really guys.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
blah, you can't return phones bought online in their retail stores. So I gotta wait for the return to process and once the refund comes through, to order a new one.

I'm still waiting for my phone to come in though :\

Bacon

I really like reachability. Feels very natural to me although it looks awkward on screen with the big blank space at the top.

ZeroX03

Banned
The 6 is actually thinner than the +, isn't it?

Yep, it is.

BfX9Uwr.png

yogloo

I seem to remember this was primarily happening to white units? Or am I misremebering? My black 3GS never had huge cracks, but small ones after a couple of years

Speaking of the 3G, I still remember when a friend of mine asked me to get his phone for him (it was on the table right next to me) and it was just coated in grease. It was absolutely disgusted. Crusted grease everywhere on the phone. Ugh. How can some people live with that!?

Black don't crack.

Got about 9 hours of battery with 4% left after first full charge. Basic email, web browsing, text message, camera stuff. I also have a dynamic wallpaper on.

Would easily go over 10 hours if I didnt use Lyft. That shit eats up battery so quickly, its ridiculous. Ate up like 12% in half an hour. Jeez.

M_A_C

Not from what I've seen or what's been posted in this thread. A case should solve the problem.

how would a malleable leather or rubber case solve the problem? Maybe an Otterbox or something but the apple ones, I doubt would solve anything.

Ayumi

Regarding the bending:

There's a video of a guy applying pressure directly to the center of the iPhone 6. People say that if you put it in your pocket, sometimes when wearing skinny jeans, it might bend your phone. I still think that this is a very case-to-case situation and that obviously applying direct pressure to the center of a phone using all the force in your fingers is different from sitting on it, mostly applying pressure around the entire phone.

I'm not denying that it shouldn't bend that easily when using your hands only, just saying that it might not have to be as bad as people say. I still advice everyone to be careful, though, and buy a hard cover to protect your phone ASAP.

Number45

I can't get away from the fact that I really want a 6+, but I really don't want it to bend. AT ALL. Looks like I'll be putting a case (and a hard one at that) on my phone for the first time ever. :'(

ZeroX03

Banned
So my 6 Plus is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I've had no shipment notice, called my carrier and they said they had no idea what's going to happen because the demand was far outstripping their stock. Seems they aren't giving phones first-come, first-serve, it's all up to luck.

Garou

I can't get away from the fact that I really want a 6+, but I really don't want it to bend. AT ALL. Looks like I'll be putting a case (and a hard one at that) on my phone for the first time ever. :'(

Dude, out of the millions of phones sold this past week, only a handful were naturally bent, the rest were all "bent to see if it bends". That's just like the drop-tests and shattered screens.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

It won't bend. I don't get this bending thing. Don't sit on your phone.

Enco

I guess it's Bend Gate this time.

It wouldn't be an iPhone launch with a new -Gate.

Battery, Antenna, Scratch, Bend, whatever...

BFIB

I've done a lot of local travel in the past few days, probably a solid 9 hrs total on the road. Had my phone in my pocket pretty much the entire time (front pocket, iPhone 6). No issues whatsoever FWIW.

Number45

Dude, out of the millions of phones sold this past week, only a handful were naturally bent, the rest were all "bent to see if it bends". That's just like the drop-tests and shattered screens.

It won't bend. I don't get this bending thing. Don't sit on your phone.
I don't sit on my phone, but I do regularly sit with it in my front pocket. Fairly tight trousers/jeans for long periods of time, and I don't want to make the mistake of forgetting it's in there and find that the phone is damaged in any way. I've already accepted that I won't be able to do this with the 6+, but I'll be beyond pissed (both with myself and the phone) if I forget and there will be fuck all I can do about it I would think, AppleCare or not.

As I mentioned previously, I'm far more disturbed by the starting state of the phone in that bend test than the results of severe physical pressure designed to test the boundaries of its rigidity.

I need to mail my 4S to AT&T for the $200 rebate. My 6 is restored with the 4S backup and working perfectly so the next step is to wipe my 4S.

How do I wipe my 4S and is there anything else I need to do before sending it to AT&T? Anywhere that I need to detach or deactivate the device before it's gone forever?

ZeroX03

Banned
I need to mail my 4S to AT&T for the $200 rebate. My 6 is restored with the 4S backup and working perfectly so the next step is to wipe my 4S.

How do I wipe my 4S and is there anything else I need to do before sending it to AT&T? Anywhere that I need to detach or deactivate the device before it's gone forever?

Turn off Find My iPhone.

Three Steps...

1. Turn Off iMessage

Settings > Messages > Switch iMessage to "Off"

2. Turn off Find my iPhone

Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > Switch Find my iPhone to "Off"

3. Wipe Your Phone

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Confirm/Yes

You need to turn off Find my Iphone on it, or at least i did when i sent in my Sprint phone for their buyback program.

Question about the battery life on the 6 vs 6+.

I'm currently on a Nexus 4 and am lucky to get 2 hours of screen on time throughout the day. If I'm out of the house and not on WiFi for a more than a couple of hours of the day, then my battery is basically dead by 8 or 9PM.

Will the battery life on the 6 be leaps and bounds better than what I'm experiencing on my Nexus 4? Or will I have to go for the 6+ to see a real improvement in battery life?

Basically I'm down to deciding between a 6 with more storage or a 6+ with a bigger battery. Don't want to pass that $299 subsidized price point.

Top Bottom