• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Koriandrr

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

As someone who hasn't upgraded since 4S, I can't wait to buy a 6!
Everything is so laggy and crashing on 4 at this point it's just a rage fuel.

I can't wait to take good pictures with the front camera! lol. Taking 'selfies' with others has been too awkward for too long.

Can anyone show pictures taken with the front camera? If possible in bad lighting too, I'd like to see that.

I'm going to buy mine in 2 months, as I'm travelling to a cheaper country and there I can get it 2x cheaper :D

I still haven't decided if I want 6 or 6+ though. Bigger phones never really bothered me generally.

dork

Banned
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

As someone who hasn't upgraded since 4S, I can't wait to buy a 6!
Everything is so laggy and crashing on 4 at this point it's just a rage fuel.

I can't wait to take good pictures with the front camera! lol. Taking 'selfies' with others has been too awkward for too long.

Can anyone show pictures taken with the front camera? If possible in bad lighting too, I'd like to see that.

I'm going to buy mine in 2 months, as I'm travelling to a cheaper country and there I can get it 2x cheaper :D

I still haven't decided if I want 6 or 6+ though. Bigger phones never really bothered me generally.

I face timed yesterday with my mom on my 6 and she asked why it was so clear. Havent done photos yet, but i'm in love with it. Perfect size. I couldnt imagine getting the plus..because i have an ipad and its a phone

DOWN

Banned
Every single game I've bought is on there. I also have loads of apps on it TV and whatnot. Also have a mess load of other apps. Also put pretty much every movie I have from Blu-ray Digital Copies on there. Stuff like that that's near a GB or more, I hate deleting and redownloading it later when I need it. I NEED TO HAVE BACK TO THE FUTURE 1-3 ON MY PHONES AT ALL TIMES!

On top of that I have about 50gb just in music. This is not even counting all of my videogame podcasts. I don't have a huge data plan, so I can't stream them all the time.

Still have a bunch of movies I can't fit on there. Had to delete some stuff just to update to iOS 8 since it temporarily required 4.8gb or whatever. Feels bad.

This is just messy and inefficient. Putting every movie on a phone is not enjoyable and not necessary for most people. Keeping every game you ever bought whether you actually want them or not is silly. That's just like a mess to browse through where you are going to keep randomly opening one every few weeks only because it's there and you saw it on your screen, not because you actually want to play.

Okay yeah, so I'm gonna say don't go 16GB and don't go 128GB. So far everyone doing 16GB is underutilizing the device, camera, and services they could lock down. Everyone so far saying 128GB sounds inefficient and like they're doing overkill data sucking on the storage just for the sake of putting a library of big files in there that really have no great usability on a phone to begin with.

X-Frame

Just tried out both size phones in Grand Central, no line or wait at all.

The 6 feels perfect in my hand whereas the 6+ certainly felt odd at first. Both offer a huge size upgrade compared to my 5. Typing on my 5 right now is like I went back to a phone half the size even though I was only playing with them for 10 minutes.

In the end, I still have no idea what size I want. The 6 would be a safe bet and pretty much better in every way so it's a win-win, but the question is whether I want to risk the huge phone for its screen size and battery life. I watch a lot of videos and browse Safari a ton plus Reeder and Pocket and Marvin and Alien Blue Reddit, so a bigger screen would be amazing, if it's worth the trade offs. Hmm.

Koriandrr

I face timed yesterday with my mom on my 6 and she asked why it was so clear. Havent done photos yet, but i'm in love with it. Perfect size. I couldnt imagine getting the plus..because i have an ipad and its a phone

thanks for the info!

that sounds promising! I have an iPad too, but I still don't quite see the 6+ as an iPad.. I mean, I can fit it in my pocket. On my non-skinny jeans, that is.

elty

Off topic, but I have an iPad 2 running iOS 6. Is it possible to completely back it up so if iOS 8 sucks, I can revert back?

Jomjom

Banned
This is just messy and inefficient. Putting every movie on a phone is not enjoyable and not necessary for most people. Keeping every game you ever bought whether you actually want them or not is silly. That's just like a mess to browse through where you are going to keep randomly opening one every few weeks only because it's there and you saw it on your screen, not because you actually want to play.

Okay yeah, so I'm gonna say don't go 16GB and don't go 128GB. So far everyone doing 16GB is underutilizing the device, camera, and services they could lock down. Everyone so far saying 128GB sounds inefficient and like they're doing overkill data sucking on the storage just for the sake of putting a library of big files in there that really have no great usability on a phone to begin with.

Oh I'll definitely stop putting every app on there in the near future because all of it will get replaced by music.

Just tried out both size phones in Grand Central, no line or wait at all.

The 6 feels perfect in my hand whereas the 6+ certainly felt odd at first. Both offer a huge size upgrade compared to my 5. Typing on my 5 right now is like I went back to a phone half the size even though I was only playing with them for 10 minutes.

In the end, I still have no idea what size I want. The 6 would be a safe bet and pretty much better in every way so it's a win-win, but the question is whether I want to risk the huge phone for its screen size and battery life. I watch a lot of videos and browse Safari a ton plus Reeder and Pocket and Marvin and Alien Blue Reddit, so a bigger screen would be amazing, if it's worth the trade offs. Hmm.

Does grand central apple have the 6 plus in stock?

knicks

Anyone returning their phones due to bendgate? I kinda wish I didn't sell my iPhone 5....I really don't want to leave iOS. I'm sure this problem will be fixed with next years models. Perhaps go with a 5S or even a 5C on craigslist or something.

Well, I am kind of shocked at how readable comics are in Comic Zeal on the 6+. Text is crisp and sharp and everything is readable in fullpage view. I wouldn't say this is the best way to read comics. The iPad Air is still that, but the 6+ more than suffices as my all in one device for this. I am very pleased to discover that I will be able to read comic books on my iPhone without any problems.

RoKKeR

Jesus christ this guy is fucking milking this shit, wonder how much money he made from this whole fucking ordeal.

Yeah he is... I find it to be a little embarrassing, actually. Like there is any sort of precedent for "bend testing" our phones?

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Anyone returning their phones due to bendgate? I kinda wish I didn't sell my iPhone 5....I really don't want to leave iOS. I'm sure this problem will be fixed with next years models. Perhaps go with a 5S or even a 5C on craigslist or something.

I'd wait. There's no reason to over react unless it happens to you. And in any case, Apple is famous for their customer service. Returning a bent phone shouldn't be a problem.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Everybody at work asking me if my phone is bent. This is so blown out of proportions.
Haha yeah. My mother sent me a buzzfeed-style article full of bendgate photoshops and jokes today, worrying about it since she and my dad will be buying new iPhones in a couple of months. Mainstream Brazilian sites are riding it now too, adding their own spin depending on their agendas (iOSxAndroid).

OmegaFax

Jesus christ this guy is fucking milking this shit, wonder how much money he made from this whole fucking ordeal.

Yeah he is... I find it to be a little embarrassing, actually. Like there is any sort of precedent for "bend testing" our phones?

The Verge bending a banana and people bend testing their phones ... like going out to buy new phones so they can physically try to snap them in half.

unbendable-girder.jpg

Pastry

Banned
Ordered a 6+ from the Apple Store today, delivery estimate was 3-4 weeks. Have people been getting theirs sooner than that or should I expect that to be accurate?

Top Bottom