• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

So the iPhone 5 also bends...hmm.

*checks phone*

Nope. Owned it for two years and not a bend in sight. I think I'll be good.

I'm just happy that my iPhone 6+ finally shipped from AT&T today. 128gb Space Grey here I come!

Over 11 million views on that youtube bending test, lol

And that's the point. The only thing that sells better than Apple is outrage @ Apple, lmao. Many-a-fanboy will be circle jerking this for weeks. The memes will be delicious.

LCfiner

Everybody at work asking me if my phone is bent. This is so blown out of proportions.

yeah, I picked up a 6 last night and a coworker asked me this morning if it was bent, lol.

this kind of story with a new iphone launch is to be expected but it’s a total non issue on the 6 and, after i saw the bend test video on the 6+, it still requires some pretty strong force to bend it. it’s not like just sticking it loose pants is gonna do it. I think the phone needs to fall sideways within the pocket and then get bent in the middle against some beefy thighs for some really high pressure. or maybe against something solid like a chair leg with the leg pinning the phone on the inside.

Vooduu

lol what I find funny is that all the bend videos have to put some amount of force to actually bend the phone, so that means when people put their 6+'s in their pockets and bend them, they know their thighs are squeezing the phone.

Lmao like what? Might as well sit on it. I wear fitting slacks for work and though the phone is big, can't imagine bending it with my thigh lmaoooo.

Ordered a 6+ from the Apple Store today, delivery estimate was 3-4 weeks. Have people been getting theirs sooner than that or should I expect that to be accurate?

If you have a local Apple Store you should check their reserve stock daily, maybe even hourly, as stock will definitely pop up.

I had a 3-4 week waiting period but managed to snag one from an Apple store in Toronto just by checking their stock at the right time and reserving one.

CronoShot

Got my 6 in today. Coming from an LG G3 it feels quite a bit smaller (probably the exact opposite reaction of most people getting one), but I like it. It feels good to have a more manageable phone. And really, it feels like just about the perfect size for a phone. Not too small, not too huge.

Ordered a 6+ from the Apple Store today, delivery estimate was 3-4 weeks. Have people been getting theirs sooner than that or should I expect that to be accurate?
I preordered on the 12th and got the Oct. 1-6 time slot. However, I ended up getting my iPhone 6+ today.

First things first, this phone is gorgeous. I bought it at full retail price and it was worth every penny. My only complaints right now is that some 3rd part apps aren't optomized for the huge screen yet, and there's also some jittery animations here and there.

Also, the new leather cases for these iPhones are awesome. They feel so nice.

hitsugi

Can't trust T-Mobile's ship times so I went through Apple for my wife and I's phones. 64 gig iPhone 6 in space grey and silver. Fingers crossed for a quick shipment though the site says 7-10 business days.

If you have a local Apple Store you should check their reserve stock daily, maybe even hourly, as stock will definitely pop up.

I had a 3-4 week waiting period but managed to snag one from an Apple store in Toronto just by checking their stock at the right time and reserving one.
sigh, you got lucky, I've yet to see the reserve flip for me properly at all for any of the stores.

Pastry

Banned
I preordered on the 12th and got the Oct. 1-6 time slot. However, I ended up getting my iPhone 6+ today.

First things first, this phone is gorgeous. I bought it at full retail price and it was worth every penny. My only complaints right now is that some 3rd part apps aren't optomized for the huge screen yet, and there's also some jittery animations here and there.

Also, the new leather cases for these iPhones are awesome. They feel so nice.

Okay cool, I'll keep my fingers crossed then.

badb0y

The face that the iPhone bent wasn't concerning to me, what was concerning to me was how easily it bent. He pretty much warped it with just a little push. Unless you never plan on putting the phone in your pocket the bending is a very real problem.

I still feel like Apple unnecessarily made the iPhone 6 Plus too thin. If they would have at least matched the width of the camera all this bending nonsense would be a non issue and they could have stuck a bigger battery in. Seems like a win/win/win scenario to me...

Rambaldi

So they tried to charge my card today but my bank declined it (because of security I assume) but I couldn't call before I got out of work. The Apple email says they try one a day for the next week or I can do it myself. I plan on it tomorrow but I hope I don't lose my place in the queue. :(

Akim

Banned
Order I placed on Verizon during the first possible preorder point is still processing. Lame ass Verizon I swear. Seems like ATT people are getting their + orders.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

How so you check "reserve stock"? I check "available for pickup" for numerous local stores almost hourly and nothing has come up in days.

RedSwirl

Anybody happen to try to read manga on the 6 Plus?

Is that screen real estate (or 1080p resolution) enough to clearly read? Originally I read manga on the 3G and that was big enough in my opinion, but that was a while ago. Right now I see the iPad Mini as being about the right size for reading. I tried out iBooks at a store and it seemed to be a good size for book reading if you got the font size right.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anybody happen to try to read manga on the 6 Plus?

Is that screen real estate (or 1080p resolution) enough to clearly read? Originally I read manga on the 3G and that was big enough in my opinion, but that was a while ago. Right now I see the iPad Mini as being about the right size for reading. I tried out iBooks at a store and it seemed to be a good size for book reading if you got the font size right.

Well, I am kind of shocked at how readable comics are in Comic Zeal on the 6+. Text is crisp and sharp and everything is readable in fullpage view. I wouldn't say this is the best way to read comics. The iPad Air is still that, but the 6+ more than suffices as my all in one device for this. I am very pleased to discover that I will be able to read comic books on my iPhone without any problems.

From what I can tell, Comic Zeal hasn't even been updated for 6 Plus yet?

EDIT: Checked the dev's Twitter and he's working on a 6 Plus optimized version now!

ayeorkean

My 6+ should arrive tomorrow and with this fiasco I am really considering on sending it back and just waiting until all this gets resolved. It's too expensive of a device for this to even be an issue.

I really like the phone. But coming from a 4s, the iPhone 6 is difficult for me to hold. Even typing this on Neogaf mobile, the phone feels top-heavy, like it's bound to flip over, out of my hands.

I love the phone's smooth curves, but it makes it slippery at the same time. It's as if the phone isn't wide enough at this size.

I'm in it for the long haul, but I'm interested to see what my thoughts will be on this form factor 2 years down the line. The 4s, although small, felt like the perfect size-to-weight ratio. I just don't feel the same about the iPhone 6. But it is far superior in almost every other way.

Shearie

Yes, my phone will most spend time in my front pocket which would put it at too much of a risk.

Well let me ask you this: Do you have thick, meaty thighs and wear skinny jeans and refuse to take your phone out of your pocket when doing squats in said skinny jeans?

Just got the black Apple leather case for the 6; it's pretty nice but expensive
iTCkPxXzYBEj8.JPG

i7r9wySAvrWul.JPG

i6iKH1EeelDry.JPG

iBPv9ifLtnT0X.JPG

ayeorkean

Well let me ask you this: Do you have thick, meaty thighs and wear skinny jeans and refuse to take your phone out of your pocket when doing squats in said skinny jeans?

I've always considered my thighs a bit meatier also wear slim fit jeans, but don't plan on exercising in them.

Giggzy

Can't trust T-Mobile's ship times so I went through Apple for my wife and I's phones. 64 gig iPhone 6 in space grey and silver. Fingers crossed for a quick shipment though the site says 7-10 business days.

Not sure how the stock is now, but I ordered my iPhone 6 64gb Silver on release day, did next day shipping, and got it on Monday. They seem to have an abundance of regular 6's. Talking about the T-Mobile website for clarification.

Bacon

My mom knew about the bending issue with the 6 plus and she knows fuck all about technology. Thats when I knew that the news really was getting out there about the issue.

Shearie

I've always considered my thighs a bit meatier also wear slim fit jeans, but don't plan on exercising in them.

Well in that case, I suggest you avoid sitting down at all costs and adjust your walking style to minimize leg movement if you plan on keeping the 6 Plus.

From what I can tell, Comic Zeal hasn't even been updated for 6 Plus yet?

EDIT: Checked the dev's Twitter and he's working on a 6 Plus optimized version now!

It definitely hasn't been updated but the act of reading comics on the Plus is fine. The iPad is the best option but for those going one device who want to read comics, this should work.

How so you check "reserve stock"? I check "available for pickup" for numerous local stores almost hourly and nothing has come up in days.

There should be an option somewhere on the Apple Store site to login and reserve.

ZeroX03

Banned
My mom knew about the bending issue with the 6 plus and she knows fuck all about technology. Thats when I knew that the news really was getting out there about the issue.

My mom emailed me asking if I needed a case for my 6 Plus that I don't even have yet. It's wildfire.

hitsugi

Not sure how the stock is now, but I ordered my iPhone 6 64gb Silver on release day, did next day shipping, and got it on Monday. They seem to have an abundance of regular 6's. Talking about the T-Mobile website for clarification.

T-Mobile was unfortunately quoting me 1-4 weeks for shipment of them. I'm gambling on Apple beating their 7-10 business day quote vs T-Mobile being able to ship within the first 2 weeks. It sucks.

Corgi

Banned
Got my spigen button upgrade things in the mail today. Anyone else? They work? Phone comes tomorrow, so I haven't bothered yet.

Dead

well not really...yet
I have to say, after a month of being stuck with phones like the LG G3 and the Samsung S5, its so good to be back with iOS. What a miserable experience those phones offer.

So many little things here and there that add up, but one of the most basic things is how well Apple's phone works with my car's Bluetooth. It's a struggle with any android phone. Seamless with iOS.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
It definitely hasn't been updated but the act of reading comics on the Plus is fine. The iPad is the best option but for those going one device who want to read comics, this should work.

There should be an option somewhere on the Apple Store site to login and reserve.

Yeah I'm logged in and I'm constantly refreshing whether or not anything is available for purchase and pickup but there has been nothing for days (looking for a 6+). That is with searching about 5-6 Apple stores I could get to if needed. I was just wondering if there was some way of seeing if there was a separate inventory list for people just coming in off the street and asking for one.

Has anyone ever had any good experiences with websites that let you "design" your case by uploading the art? I'm thinking of trying something like that out.

robotrock

Banned
Has anyone ever had any good experiences with websites that let you "design" your case by uploading the art? I'm thinking of trying something like that out.

My bro did that for his 5S and it came out really rad. I forget which site but they totally work. The design was printed on the official leather apple case.

I'm looking forward to 128GB but haven't ordered one yet. Some reason I think I can get the phone sooner by just checking than I would waiting a month for the phone to ship.

What are you using the 128GB for? I have a 64GB phone now, use the space mostly for music

Pastry

Banned
I'm looking forward to 128GB but haven't ordered one yet. Some reason I think I can get the phone sooner by just checking than I would waiting a month for the phone to ship.

What are you using the 128GB for? I have a 64GB phone now, use the space mostly for music

You can always order it and then cancel the order if you find one in stores before it ships. That's what I did today.

Top Bottom