• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

While I am sorry this has happen to you, I am still going to
KuGsj.gif
because you were defending how it was a non issue and of no concern. Is that rapid enough for you? Second day you take it out with you. It's so fucked up. Apple messed up.

Actually he said a day ago he was returning it for a note 4 because the way he used the phone it was going to break in a year

Vyer

Twitter's official app and Twitterific are both 6/6+ optimized.

Palaver is optimized if you're looking for an IRC client.

Alien Blue is optimized if you need a Reddit client.

Tumblr's official app is optimized.

Downcast, Overcast, and Castro are all optimized podcast apps.

Instapaper is optimized if you need a read-it-later app.

Uber is optimized.

These are just a few I use regularly or am aware of.

I've been pretty diehard Downcast for a while, but I gave Overcast a spin and am fairly impressed with it. Seems to auto manage it self really well.

Corgi

Banned
Having no real knowledge on iOS 8, for some reason I thought iOS 8 has responsive layouts in the api. It won't looked fully optimized, but I just wish all my apps I use often had same size font ATM.

Back to using safari then after 4 years.

badb0y

While I am sorry this has happen to you, I am still going to
KuGsj.gif
because you were defending how it was a non issue and of no concern. Is that rapid enough for you? Second day you take it out with you. It's so fucked up. Apple messed up.
I made that comment before I looked into the issue. But yea, I'll eat crow for that.

Actually he said a day ago he was returning it for a note 4 because the way he used the phone it was going to break in a year
Indeed. But I think I will go with the iPhone 6 - 4.7 instead because it seems to be more durable and I really, really dislike Android.

Has there been any issues with bending on the regular six? I don't think about it during the day, but I always get nervous when I'm browsing gaf and see the threads haha.

By the way, the Incipio dual pro is a great hard case if anyone is looking for one. Feels just as good as the Apple cases, but is definitely more protective.

I made that comment before I looked into the issue. But yea, I'll eat crow for that.

Indeed. But I think I will go with the iPhone 6 - 4.7 instead because it seems to be more durable and I really, really dislike Android.
Upload the video whenever you get the chance though. First warped gaffer needs to be documented

BFIB

Has there been any issues with bending on the regular six? I don't think about it during the day, but I always get nervous when I'm browsing gaf and see the threads haha.

By the way, the Incipio dual pro is a great hard case if anyone is looking for one. Feels just as good as the Apple cases, but is definitely more protective.
None here, had my phone in my pocket for hours on end this week.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
So kinda strange. When I look at my battery usage, the Usage time and the Standby time is exactly the same. No matter how much I use it. I checked it a couple of times after using it for a while without placing it on standby and it was still the same. A restart did not fix it. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how to fix it? You think it's because I restored from an older iPhone? I have the regular iPhone 6.

Mononoke

Banned
I finally got my iPhone 6 plus. What an ordeal. Long story short I preordered it on the 12th through Sprint, but they had massive shortages. They charged me in full and tied me up and then refused to cancel my order. After fighting with them I got them to remove my order and I just walked into Target and got a 16gb iPhone plus space gray with no hassle. What a joke.

Anyways I love the phone. But am afraid of warping. Going to get a case now. Are the apple leather cases flimsy? Are they strong enough support to prevent bending?

Also is it just me or does the plus get hot near the power button?

I finally got my iPhone 6 plus. What an ordeal. Long story short I preordered it on the 12th through Sprint, but they had massive shortages. They charged me in full and tied me up and then refused to cancel my order. After fighting with them I got them to remove my order and I just walked into Target and got a 16gb iPhone plus space gray with no hassle. What a joke.

Anyways I love the phone. But am afraid of warping. Going to get a case now. Are the apple leather cases flimsy? Are they strong enough support to prevent bending?

Mine doesn't get hot. Sure you didn't get the 6? Hehe

Dany

Banned
Twitter's official app and Twitterific are both 6/6+ optimized.

Palaver is optimized if you're looking for an IRC client.

Alien Blue is optimized if you need a Reddit client.

Tumblr's official app is optimized.

Downcast, Overcast, and Castro are all optimized podcast apps.

Instapaper is optimized if you need a read-it-later app.

Uber is optimized.

These are just a few I use regularly or am aware of.

Chrome and facebook aren't. neither is flipboard,

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hi.
I went for hands-on time with the 6Plus today and there was a line out the door. My town of 260,000 people moved to the bigger sized apple mall store about 18 months ago and its still so damn busy they had 5 employees blocking the entrance with the line winding around itself just outside. All i wanted was to touch the phone.

Gets hot for a bit while Spotlight indexes your content. Should go away after about 15 or 20 mins. It's normal.

Corgi

Banned
are there ANY ios apps that is optimized for 6+ ala the native apps that do split columns in landscape?

I recall they demoed... was it cnn?

Laekon

Hi.
I went for hands-on time with the 6Plus today and there was a line out the door. My town of 260,000 people moved to the bigger sized apple mall store about 18 months ago and its still so damn busy they had 5 employees blocking the entrance with the line winding around itself just outside. All i wanted was to touch the phone.
Apple store in my town has a line while the Best Buy mobile store has stock and is empty.

Corgi

Banned
if you want to diddle with a 6/6+, best buys got them, but there security cables are a pain. AT&T store ones are better. Apples are the best though, but yeah lines.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Well, hope pre-ordering my 6 Plus a little bit later than the 12th and getting an expected date of delivery as Oct 21st will pay off. Hopefully by then more cases will be available (although I'll probably go with Apple Leather case), iOS8 issues will be hammered out and more apps will be optimized for it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sigh, just got my email saying the phone won't be arriving for at least two weeks. I ordered 5 minutes after pre-orders began. Useless.

Why do people want giant ass phones and how do you even carry them in your pockets

I have large hands so holding it one handed has been no issue for me. Able to reach every part of the screen with my left thumb while holding it left handed.

Better battery life, better screen. I don't think I'll be bringing my 6+ to the gym but for my daily commute it'll work for me.

It fits in my pants cause I don't wear tight jeans.

Why do people want giant ass phones and how do you even carry them in your pockets

I've always liked the extra screen real estate of a tablet but hated having to manage two seperate devices. The 6+ is a really great middle ground between the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. I have big hands so I can still comfortably use it one-handed but the screen is big enough that I can essentially just use it as my main web browsing and media device. It's also lighter the 5 and pretty thin, so it fits in my pockets just fine. With one of my pairs of jeans you can see the outline of the phone, and I kinda hate that, but aside from that I haven't had any issues with the bigger size. Also the battery life is fucking incredible, I love not having to worry about it during the day.

HUELEN10

Anyone want to do me a solid? I wanna make some wallpapers for the recently-bumped wallpaper thread, but I want to make sure I have sizing and spacing right not only for iPhone 6, but iPhone 6 Plus as well. Could anyone please take 4 screenshots 4 me? All of them are in standard view, not zoom view mind you.

First 2 of the lock screen and home screen, preferably with at least 3 rows of icons, and the second 2 once again with home and lock, but with bold enabled. Choose a plain black BG if possible, like this one. Thanks!

sheesh

so i'm the only one left waiting on sprint to give me my 6+ then ;_;

NIGHT-

Originally Posted by Fancy Clown

I've had no issues with carrying the 6 plus in any of my pants or shorts... Even with a bulky case. Maybe you should get rid of the skinny jeans?

Mononoke

Banned
sheesh

so i'm the only one left waiting on sprint to give me my 6+ then ;_;

Yeah, sorry about that man. :(

Sprint is a terrible company. I'll never pre-order again with them. I really hope you get it soon. If you get tired of waiting, and they will give you no updates then try this:

http://idevicechecker.com/

It's super accurate, and you can just call up Sprint and cancel your order and just go get it in store.

I've had no issues with carrying the 6 plus in any of my pants or shorts... Even with a bulky case. Maybe you should get rid of the skinny jeans?

I wear medium jeans I guess (not skin tight), but not baggy either. Have no issue with them either. The iPhone 6 + is pretty damn thin.

Darkman M

I have large hands so holding it one handed has been no issue for me. Able to reach every part of the screen with my left thumb while holding it left handed.

Better battery life, better screen. I don't think I'll be bringing my 6+ to the gym but for my daily commute it'll work for me.

It fits in my pants cause I don't wear tight jeans.

This, I just got my six plus today and have no problems using it with one hand and it easily fits in my jeans pockets.

Moved from a Windows Phone to an iPhone after 4 years. I need help syncing/linking my google contacts with my Facebook contacts/photos in particular. For some reason only a very limited number of Facebook contacts get pulled in (around 63 of 300). I've tried deleting and relinking the Facebook and Google accounts but haven't had any luck. I've used the "Update All Contacts" within the Facebook settings, but again it only pulls in the around 63 contacts. I'm stuck; is there a bug in iOS8 I'm not aware of?

Thoughts? Appreciate any tips you can give. Thanks!

Yeah, sorry about that man. :(

Sprint is a terrible company. I'll never pre-order again with them. I really hope you get it soon. If you get tired of waiting, and they will give you no updates then try this:

It's super accurate, and you can just call up Sprint and cancel your order and just go get it in store.

I wear medium jeans I guess (not skin tight), but not baggy either. Have no issue with them either. The iPhone 6 + is pretty damn thin.

just gotta have to wait on my end then ...if it still not here on my birthday (10th)

i will pretty much cancel it....

M_A_C

So with the off cotract T-Mobile version, can I just plug my at&t sim card into it from my iphone 5 and it will work? My apple store has t-moblie 6 128 gb available for pickup.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm loving the iPhone plus. Honestly it's pretty much replacing my iPad mini. The screen is amazing for video. Perfect for browsing the web. Also the viewing distance of the phone makes it almost 1:1 with iPads larger screen, since you hold the phone closer because of its light weight.

I just hope it doesn't warp. Btw I love the apple leather case. Nice grip on the back, makes it much easier to hold then naked iPhone. It's also thin enough it doesn't add weight.

fwpx

Well. I preordered my 6 plus on the 12th at 5am via Verizon, and I just got an email saying my order was delayed until 11/7 now. Wonderful.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Sigh, just got my email saying the phone won't be arriving for at least two weeks. I ordered 5 minutes after pre-orders began. Useless.

Same boat. Well no... even worse, the carrier I ordered from isn't saying anything. I got in on the pre-orders extremely early and was number 11 on the list for my entire country (on that carrier). I guess that doesn't mean shit when they aren't getting stock at all.

Mononoke

Banned
Well. I preordered my 6 plus on the 12th at 5am via Verizon, and I just got an email saying my order was delayed until 11/7 now. Wonderful.

That's terrible. Maybe keep checking this:

If you see your model in store near you just cancel your order and go pick it up. I did this and so are many people that have been stuck in pre-order limbo. Of course I understand if you are tied up. Sorry. :(

Enco

Iphone 6 vs plus from macrumors

Left is 6 right is plus

http://i.imgur.com/yRqmYjU.jpg[/im g]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Ytch6D.jpg[/im g]

Notice the paper behind the stick shift and difference in detail . this is what OIS on plus does.[/QUOTE]
Wow.

More reason to wait a year and hope the 6 gets an big upgrade in 2015.

ZeroX03

Banned
Same boat. Well no... even worse, the carrier I ordered from isn't saying anything. I got in on the pre-orders extremely early and was number 11 on the list for my entire country (on that carrier). I guess that doesn't mean shit when they aren't getting stock at all.

It took me hours to get a straight answer out of the carrier. We were told yesterday that there weren't any stock issues and we were getting our phones. Then this morning we were told there no 6 Plus units at all. Finally they settled on "there are 6 Plus units, but so few of them basically nobody is getting any".

The shitty communication is what bites hardest. If the phone is delayed, fine, just don't wait until the end of the day it's released to tell me that.

Ninja Dom

After a few tests with capturing and sending video from an iPhone 6 and 6 Plus I have come to the following conclusions.

You all know the basics. HD Video 1080p at 30fps or 60fps. 60fps must be turned on in the Settings menu. Slow Motion video at 120fps and 240fps.

If you take a video at 1080p/60fps and iMessage it to somebody, iMessage downsizes the video to 720p/30fps for the people receiving the video.

If you Email the same video then the video is downsized to 320p/30fps.

With slow motion videos, if you send using iMessage then the slow mo video is kept at 720p but plays at 30fps with the slow mo effect still in the video.

Aske

After a few tests with capturing and sending video from an iPhone 6 and 6 Plus I have come to the following conclusions.

You all know the basics. HD Video 1080p at 30fps or 60fps. 60fps must be turned on in the Settings menu. Slow Motion video at 120fps and 240fps.

If you take a video at 1080p/60fps and iMessage it to somebody, iMessage downsizes the video to 720p/30fps for the people receiving the video.

If you Email the same video then the video is downsized to 320p/30fps.

With slow motion videos, if you send using iMessage then the slow mo video is kept at 720p but plays at 30fps with the slow mo effect still in the video.

Nice, thanks for the info, I'd been wondering how video sharing worked. Really annoying that the apps don't give you a choice like Mail does with photo attachments. I guess the best way to share video without reducing the quality is Dropbox - or does anybody know of a superior service/app?

fwpx

That's terrible. Maybe keep checking this:

If you see your model in store near you just cancel your order and go pick it up. I did this and so are many people that have been stuck in pre-order limbo. Of course I understand if you are tied up. Sorry. :(

Thank you for the link! I have no problem picking it up elsewhere. Verizon's email says if i want to cancel or change the phone I want I can let them know, so this is very helpful. HAHA I just filtered by 64gb iPhone 6+ on Verizon and every dot on the east coast just vanished. Welp.

Top Bottom