• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Went to the sprint store and wtf two 6+ 128gb in stock so I now have a 6+. Gold though I wanted space gray.

Anyways how are case choices? I guess I'm currently getting a official silicone unless some post here convinces me otherwise

Corgi

Banned
iPhone 6+ arrived. With all the bs on the Internet this week, I expected it to wobble like a plastic ruler out of the box :p

Jesus. iCloud restore takes 4 hrs?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
hZVYpM5.png

Woop!

Ordered a 6+ 64GB on Sunday from T-Mobile and it's going to be delivered tonight. Has anyone dealt with any contacts manager or anything for iOS? I have way too many duplicates that I need to get rid of.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ordered a 6+ 64GB on Sunday from T-Mobile and it's going to be delivered tonight. Has anyone dealt with any contacts manager or anything for iOS? I have way too many duplicates that I need to get rid of.

Wow...

I swear T-Mobile is just choosing people at random when it comes to sending out these devices.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

If you're on PC and don't want to sync to Outlook, you could delete easily via icloud.com

Why not wait for what you wanted?
Putting a case over the gold anyways so Its just a white front that changes. I like to put my hands in fate a lot and if the store having one in stock makes me have a white front so be it. Maybe I'll misplace the phone someday and the only reason I find it is because I can see the white front in the darkness.

Ended up getting my iPhone 6 fixed. Had a bad sim card and it wasn't receiving calls (but I could dial out). =/

Question: How do you hide (ahem) certain photos? I see the hide feature, but photos still pop up in the albums so it makes it borderline useless for what I want to use it for. lol

Ashhong

My Spigen case is taking like a week to get here from Amazon. Bahhhhhhh

Been using a small pouch instead.

Ended up getting my iPhone 6 fixed. Had a bad sim card and it wasn't receiving calls (but I could dial out). =/

Question: How do you hide (ahem) certain photos? I see the hide feature, but photos still pop up in the albums so it makes it borderline useless for what I want to use it for. lol

That happens when the carrier activates it incorrectly, usually from putting in the wrong imei. Dummies should have tested the phone properly before you left

Wow...

I swear T-Mobile is just choosing people at random when it comes to sending out these devices.
Are there people not getting theirs? I called Sat and they told me it was "back ordered" 2-4 days. Called back Sunday to order and got the same thing. The phone was actually downstairs when I typed my message, but the UPS person didn't ring the doorbell.

If you're on PC and don't want to sync to Outlook, you could delete easily via icloud.com
Will try this. Thanks.

Deku Tree

My 6 Plus is finally coming tomorrow. Too bad I might miss the delivery because of work... is there some web page that lets you check the flight status of your delivery?

All you guys now getting your iPhones delivered... Did you order on release day? I'm trying to gauge whether I should go ahead and order the 6 Plus from Sprint and hope it gets here sooner than a month from now. :/

artist

Banned
Store only has silver 128GB in stock.

I just want a 64GB Space Grey

:(

Anyone think 128GB is worth it? I'm rocking a 16GB 5C and am almost out of space, but feel like 128GB is just insane.
128GB is insane.

I've a ton of apps, music and videos and cant fill up my 5 with 64GB. I think 64GB is going to serve me fine for 2-3 years with my new 6+

a916

Waiting all day on my UPS delivery that's been on delivery for about 9-10 hours... it's pretty much the end of the day here (5PM local time)... how long does UPS deliver until?

Pastry

Banned
Waiting all day on my UPS delivery that's been on delivery for about 9-10 hours... it's pretty much the end of the day here (5PM local time)... how long does UPS deliver until?

6 I think. When I was waiting for UPS to deliver Destint they never showed up so I went to check on the website and the delivery driver lied and said he attempted to deliver it. I was pretty pissed haha especially since it didn't require a signature so all he had to do was drop it at my door.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
All you guys now getting your iPhones delivered... Did you order on release day? I'm trying to gauge whether I should go ahead and order the 6 Plus from Sprint and hope it gets here sooner than a month from now. :/

I ordered on release day from apple.com

I remember when gta 5 came out, I got it at 8:30. They can deliver pretty late.

jrock

Ive had packages get to me around 10PM before. This was around Christmas though. I regularly get packages around 8PM though in off season from UPS.
Good luck!

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Anyone else notice that YouTube videos played through safari/Neogaf mobile are pretty low res even on wifi? Is that because the YouTube app needs to be updated or is it mobile GAF that needs an update?

NIGHT-

Just got a Griffin survivor all terrain case today for my 6 plus. I'm loving it! It adds some bulk, but I need the protection for when I'm at work. The buttons are still easy to get to and the flaps work rather well. Much preferred over the otterbox models I've used

Kibbles

Sign up for a free ups my choice account and next time you can just hold it for pickup instead of waiting all day for them to send it. Makes me so much happier picking up things in the morning instead of waiting until possibly 7pm for them to arrive

Phreaker

I'm wondering if anyone else has an unresponsive Mail client at times.

I have 4 email accounts in Mail. Sometimes when I am in my in box of one and I tap at the upper left to go back to my Mailboxes screen it wont do anything, then many seconds (15?) later it will go to the screen I want to go to. I've never saw this happen on my iPhone 5. The phone isn't "hung" as I can pull down the today screen swiping down from off the top of the screen. Is this a common thing or might I have something wrong?

I also have this issue with their Podcast App, but it was doing that on my iPhone 5 too after a recent "update".

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hm, so the phone rep told me I can exchange the one I ordered online at a store (the opposite of what their website says) so I guess I will try my luck there. Stores show the white 128gb in stock, just not the black so i'm considering it. Those with the white iphones, does it bother you at all when watching movies or anything? I'm kinda partial to the black bezels (and it's going to have a black case on as well).

Namikaze

Hm, so the phone rep told me I can exchange the one I ordered online at a store (the opposite of what their website says) so I guess I will try my luck there. Stores show the white 128gb in stock, just not the black so i'm considering it. Those with the white iphones, does it bother you at all when watching movies or anything? I'm kinda partial to the black bezels (and it's going to have a black case on as well).

White iP6 w/ Red Leather case here. The bezels don't bother me at all personally, I was watching the incredibles earlier today just to test out the screen and it looked great.

Three Steps...

1. Turn Off iMessage

Settings > Messages > Switch iMessage to "Off"

2. Turn off Find my iPhone

Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > Switch Find my iPhone to "Off"

3. Wipe Your Phone

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Confirm/Yes

So I did all these things, but my old phone is still showing up on my new phone's Find My iPhone, and it doesn't seem like I can swipe to the left to delete it. What do?

edit: never mind, after it stopped trying to find the phone and settled on "offline" I could remove it from my account. thanks again

Vyer

So those of you with regular 6, how are heating issues for you? I'm noticing some warmth in the upper right. Had one game really get it hot (goat simulator).

Jomjom

Banned
Jesus ya'll still discussing the price of dinner? LMAO.

At any rate, an extra 100$ shouldn't break the bank for a phone you get every year/every other year. I get a new iPhone every two years. From my perspective given as much time I spend on my phone for work and play I'd rather get what I really want and pay extra for it. I'm tired of running out of space on my phone cause I want a few movies and games on it.

I'll take double the amount of storage for 100, Alex!

Exactly!

Ninja Dom

Hi everyone.

This is a question to the iPhone 6 video shooters out there.

So we got 1080p HD video recording at 30fps & 60fps. And we got slow motion video at 120fps & 240fps.

But how do these videos come out when you share them via Email or iMessage? Are they compressed at all?

My Spigen case is taking like a week to get here from Amazon. Bahhhhhhh

Been using a small pouch instead.

I've been waiting for them to release their metal hybrid case for the iPhone 6+, but it keeps getting pushed back. I specifically want that case because of the back, I can hide the metal sticker I need to use for my Mountek.

I remember having to wait a long time for cases to be made available freely when the iPhone 4 & 5 first released. Not to mention the bunch cases that wouldn't fit at all at first. I guess it's best to wait. :/

Top Bottom