• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

ayeorkean

can anyone recommend a tempered glass?

I wouldn't fully recommend the Zagg one: here. There are some gaps around the entire edge where the glass doesn't meet the curvature of the edges of the screen. My guess is over time debris will build up and it fall off, but by that time they may have a model that fits flush. However the feel of the glass is really slick/glossy, and it seems to resist fingerprints very well.

Mononoke

Banned
Still using my 6 plus exclusively. Haven't touched my iPad mini since. I've also been using it heavily and get 45-50% battery at midnight. Battery is amazing considering how much I'm using this thing.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
It's the best one for my preferences, which is why I bought it. But still...lol. verge has 'em eating out of their hands. That video is tailor made to enrage. I can only imagine how much of a salty angry cesspool the comments are.

I probably agree with the verge, but even if you see their other This Is My Next videos, this one clearly different. It's designed to provoke a response. Then again it's David Pierce so it's not surprising. It seems that verge has decided to embrace their reputation as Apple partisans rather than fight it.

rinse82

Damnit, think there is something wrong with my wife's home button (iPhone 6 16gb)

Out of the box, double tapping the home button shows the multitask/app scroll view for a second but then goes back to home screen. Sometimes only pressing the home button once brings me to the multitask/app scroll view, sometime it does what its supposed to (back to home screen)

I had a feeling something was wrong because when I first was setting up the phone, the triple press to turn off voice over wasnt working.

Got it through my carrier (Rogers) but I guess I'll need to take it into the Apple Store. Don't even think there is stock for them to replace. Sigh.

Arnie

Tried the thing out today.

Christ I am not a fan. Aesthetically it's awful (rounded back, those lines, that camera) and I really, really don't like the size of the standard device. Looks like a super-techy Android phone that people on the tube playing Z-Grade turn based strategy games would use.

Definitely won't be getting it. Will wait for the 7 before upgrading my 5S. Hopefully they bring back the squared edges at the least. Not a fan of the pebble design.

Namikaze

My red leather case is ruined after only a week. It looks terrible around the front edges, lol. Might just put my spiegen clear case on for now until I figure out which case I'm getting next.

Edit: do you guys think Apple will let me return it for one of the silicone cases?

My red leather case is ruined after only a week. It looks terrible around the front edges, lol. Might just put my spiegen clear case on for now until I figure out which case I'm getting next.

Edit: do you guys think Apple will let me return it for one of the silicone cases?

How does it look like now? I'm on day four with my red leather case, but I put some leather protector on it, and it still looks brand new. :D

Seth C

Tried the thing out today.

Christ I am not a fan. Aesthetically it's awful (rounded back, those lines, that camera) and I really, really don't like the size of the standard device. Looks like a super-techy Android phone that people on the tube playing Z-Grade turn based strategy games would use.

Definitely won't be getting it. Will wait for the 7 before upgrading my 5S. Hopefully they bring back the squared edges at the least. Not a fan of the pebble design.

I don't really care so much about the appearance, but even the standard 6 is just bigger than I'm interested in. I'll just hang on to my iphone 5 for now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
6 Plus battery life is really good. I've been using it a ton today and I'm still at 69% at almost 6:30 p.m.

I think it might even be better than the Xperia Z1s I was using before this.

Clipse

Same case here. Have had it only for a day so far, but I'm already thinking of exchanging it for a silicon case. Find myself babying the phone too much because I know the leather case picks up dirt and scuffs easily. Family member has the silicon case for their iPhone 6 and can easily rub off any dirt or blemishes.

Mononoke

Banned
Did these spigen cases get fixed? Anyone here have this model? I heard the power button or something doesn't work...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LLGLR18/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is there a better case anyone can recommend? I like the leather because it adds a grip to the back and side. Not as slippery. The other spigen that doesn't have the metal button covers as a smooth back. :/

Sucks to pay $50 if it's going to get scuffs and get worn out quick. I actually love the leather case, but if it's not going to last...

LCfiner

I just upgraded from the 4 to the 6. It's taking me awhile to adjust to the increased size. No more easy one hand scrolling. 😔

I don’t see how the scrolling is affected. you can do that anywhere on the screen. it’s the one handed tapping of objects on the top that’s changed.

Corgi

Banned
Did these spigen cases get fixed? Anyone here have this model? I heard the power button or something doesn't work...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LLGLR18/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is there a better case anyone can recommend? I like the leather because it adds a grip to the back and side. Not as slippery. The other spigen that doesn't have the metal button covers as a smooth back. :/

Sucks to pay $50 if it's going to get scuffs and get worn out quick. I actually love the leather case, but if it's not going to last...

Have the exact same case (posted a page or so back). Spigen first class mailed enforcers that help the buttons. Good case. Well worth the price.

Mononoke

Banned
Have the exact same case (posted a page or so back). Spigen first class mailed enforcers that help the buttons. Good case. Well worth the price.

Thanks, the price is great. I guess I'll take a chance given its well priced. Nothing to lose. Does it have some grip on the back? Texture in the pics look like it has grip.

Edit: I assume if I order now they'll mail me out the enforcers? Or maybe the new stock will come with them. Spigen officially sells on Amazon and won't have stock till the 30th.

Namikaze

Same case here. Have had it only for a day so far, but I'm already thinking of exchanging it for a silicon case. Find myself babying the phone too much because I know the leather case picks up dirt and scuffs easily. Family member has the silicon case for their iPhone 6 and can easily rub off any dirt or blemishes.

Yeah I've heard the silicone cases are pretty decent, I'm definitely ordering one of them when they're back in stock (10/31 I guess, lol).

mrkgoo

You need a case protector protector.

Saw the 6s (plural) today. I don't mind the lines per se, but the cheap crappy grey plastic looks so bad on the black model. They should've made a statement about it being part of the design and going black with the lines.

Anyone using the Incipio NGP case for the iPhone 6? Thoughts? It's between that or the silicone Apple case.

Didn't get the NGP, but got the Dual Pro. I love it, very comfortable and actually feels like it protects the phone. I immediately returned the silicone Apple case when I got it.

Future

Any plus users experiencing lagginess? Seeing threads about it over at macrumors and it sounds like exaggeration... But I could also see it being a possibility

Corgi

Banned
Thanks, the price is great. I guess I'll take a chance given its well priced. Nothing to lose. Does it have some grip on the back? Texture in the pics look like it has grip.

Edit: I assume if I order now they'll mail me out the enforcers? Or maybe the new stock will come with them. Spigen officially sells on Amazon and won't have stock till the 30th.

yeah they will. i assume they will have them in the package with the restock. It has some textures on the back, but you shouldn't depend on it.

Any plus users experiencing lagginess? Seeing threads about it over at macrumors and it sounds like exaggeration... But I could also see it being a possibility

theres some hitching when scrolling in some apps, could be due to unoptimized for new devices though, but overall it doesnt' feel any different really from my ipad mini retina.

ios hasn't really been a perfectly smooth experience for a few years either and ios 7/8 has always been a bit iffy on the 64 bit processors. Shame it still seems like they need to iron out some stuff.

Kinda wish they did more stability updates through out the calendar year.

Future

Not at all. Where are they experiencing it?

They say during scrolling, rotation, spotlight opening, and various apps. Some people claiming it's like iPad 3 in being too underpowered, blaming the high resolution down sampling as the cause of the stuttering. The iPad 3 comparison is why I thought it might be just an exaggeration

I've been looking for videos trying to showcase it but can't find any.

how accurate is this and how often does it update? It said my local best buy has a 6 Plus available, but when I called they said they don't have any.

Its not (at least for BB stores). It said that my BB had only a Plus 64gb SG but when I got there, they had every color and size but SG lol.

Went hunting for a SG Plus today, failed :(

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
My phone status finally changed on my carrier's reservation system.

itshappening.gif

I can't wait to bend an iPhone 6 of my very own ;_;

HUELEN10

So today, I handled an iPhone 5S (in a Speck Candyshell no less), amazed at how small, even smaller than before, it looked to me now that I have an iPhone 6. Apple will never make a current phone that small again, will they? Not hating the 6, even at it's ginormous size it's the best iPhone I've ever owned, period, but I don't see why people say stuff like "you can't go back" or "you'll never think it's too big again".

Corgi

Banned
So today, I handled an iPhone 5S (in a Speck Candyshell no less), amazed at how small, even smaller than before, it looked to me now that I have an iPhone 6. Apple will never make a current phone that small again, will they?

they popped their cherry with 2 different versions for iphone 6.

I can see them do a iphone 'mini' in 2-4 years.

MercuryLS

Banned
So today, I handled an iPhone 5S (in a Speck Candyshell no less), amazed at how small, even smaller than before, it looked to me now that I have an iPhone 6. Apple will never make a current phone that small again, will they? Not hating the 6, even at it's ginormous size it's the best iPhone I've ever owned, period, but I don't see why people say stuff like "you can't go back" or "you'll never think it's too big again".

Same here, when I was getting my iPhone 5 ready to sell part of me was sad that we won't get any more high end 4" phones from apple. As much as I like the 6, if apple made future 4" phones that were just as high end as their bigger phones but wee thicker to accommodate a bigger battery, I might go with that. I love the big screen of the 6 but it's a ever so slightly cumbersome to use in comparison to the 4" iPhones. The world wants bigger screens though, people like us aren't going to win this battle :/

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Same here, when I was getting my iPhone 5 ready to sell part of me was sad that we won't get any more high end 4" phones from apple. As much as I like the 6, if apple made future 4" phones that were just as high end as their bigger phones but wee thicker to accommodate a bigger battery, I might go with that. I love the big screen of the 6 but it's a ever so slightly cumbersome to use in comparison to the 4" iPhones. The world wants bigger screens though, people like us aren't going to win this battle :/

Y'all are the new physical keyboard lovers. Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Go cry with terrisus in a luddite thread. (I guess he's temp banned now, though).

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon

I still want a rotary phone and 20 inch CRT tvs that weigh 200 pounds.

Ryck

Yeah loving my 6 so far but I would prolly go back to a smaller screen if given the chance in two years. Maybe that will change by then but I am still adjusting to it ATM.

Corgi

Banned
say what you want about blackberry, that new phone is probably the most interesting thing to appear in the smartphone area in ages, even if its ridiculous :3

Top Bottom