• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

knicks

Yeah they might, but it's pretty imperceptible. But it's defiantly there. Near the volume buttons. When I put it glass down on a table, it wobbles. Thing is, I have been babying this thing like crazy. Never even sat with it in any pocket. I have taken it in and out a case for the past 4 or 5 days. I just don't know if I could deal with this problem for two years. I really don't want to stay away from an iPhone. Do you think a 5S will have good resell value in a year when the 6S comes out? Maybe it isn't killer to use an upgrade on a 5S?

Well my 6 is bent, very very slightly but bent none the less. I have until Friday to return it, thing is, I sold my iPhone 5 to Best Buy for $225 store credit....I would get a 5S, but I don't want to use my upgrade on it when I will most likely just want the 6S in a year. Decisions. And an iPhone 5S off contract is just stupidly priced.

How bent is it, any pic of it ?

I thought Mine was bent too last week until I realized I was pushing hard enough for the curved screen to make it wobble. Except mine ended up being straight as an arrow.

MercuryLS

Banned
Well my 6 is bent, very very slightly but bent none the less. I have until Friday to return it, thing is, I sold my iPhone 5 to Best Buy for $225 store credit....I would get a 5S, but I don't want to use my upgrade on it when I will most likely just want the 6S in a year. Decisions. And an iPhone 5S off contract is just stupidly priced.

That sucks man, I would just check reseller websites and see if you can find someone offloading their 5S for a good price. Sometimes you'll also find small mom and pop cell phone shops unloading new phones for less than retail with no tax.

Hopefully Apple sorts things out with the 6S (and they eventually continue to make 4" mini phones with modern specs for heathens like me).

China regulator approves Apple's iPhone 6 for sale in China

tim-cook-to-stockholders.jpg

userkevinchien

Neo Member

is yours the plus? or just the regular?

Does anyone know if there is an Instant Message client that's optimized for the iPhone 6+?

My wife used gchat.

My family uses Facebook.

My best friend uses AIM.

knicks

How bent is it, any pic of it ?

It's not terrible, but it's there. I don't know if it gets worse quickly, or maybe that is the initial simple bent. Perhaps it would stay the way it is for 8 months until it gets slightly worse, but I don't know if I want to take that chance. It is still completely usable, most wouldn't even notice.

is yours the plus? or just the regular?

Regular.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Yeah, I considered the 5s, but that off contract price is dumb, and they don't offer 64 gb models (dunno why they do this when the new model comes out). Sorry to hear about your phone bro :<

I finally got my hands on a damn iphone 6 128 gb space grey, one target (THE ONLY STORE) had it within a 30 mile radius. Most of the cases they had at best buy were sold out.

Koyuga

Purchasing stuff in the App store with Touch ID is way too satisfying. Downloading free apps just so I can authorise it with the fingerprint scanner ..lol.

Bgamer90

Banned
I thought the 6 Plus would kill my iPad Air time... but wow the iPad Air screen is just so much bigger... I love both of them!

Yeah, I'm still using my iPad 4 when I'm at home. Its screen is bigger to the point in which it actually feels like a different device.

I probably wouldn't feel that way with an iPad Mini though.

Overall, the Plus is pretty much everything I love about my iPad put into a phone. I previously sometimes got bummed out when I had to use my iPhone (4S & 5) due to my iPad charging. I don't feel that way at all anymore now with my Plus. Great device.

Deku Tree

I wish iOS8 had the native rescaling feature for iPhone Apps on iPad. My 6 Plus doesn't have a stretched (2x or 3x) mode for the Instagram App (which hasn't been updated) but my iPad Air still has to use the old stretched 2x mode. I wish Apple would have put in the rescaling into iOS8 for iPad too...

HGStormy

Banned
I like my iPhone 6. It works gr8. Kind of miss Android's UI and general snappiness, especially when multitasking, but the phone itself is basically flawless.

kaskade

Not really 6 related but I always used to use the camera roll. With it not being there I was just scrolling through with the moments and collections. It's actually really cool to see all the pictures over the summer and exactly when they were. Not really a big thing but it's actually pretty cool. Can't wait for the OS X photos app so it can all be in sync.

ibu

Does FB messanger work with other chat protocols? I don't wanna use multiple chat clients. Would like an all in one if they still make em.

Have you tried Telegram?
Similar to whatsapp but also has a chrome extension to boot. So can be used on desktop and across android/iOS.

Corgi

Banned
yep, still use ipad at home, mostly for media stuff. haven't found a good way to prop the 6+ yet.

Also even though the battery is much better, im still trying to save on battery because im still used to my shitty iphone 5's battery for the past few months.

Britprog

I received my iPhone 6 64GB grey yesterday directly from Apple.

Thought I'd share something cool I discovered by accident.

I ordered a new case which still hasn't been shipped so I decided not to setup my new phone as my main phone for now. I have a iPhone 5 so I decided to carry on using it until my case is delivered.

But of course, I wanted to play with my new phone so I booted it up and inserted my exsiting o2 sim into it to get past the welcome screens. Once I got past the screen I retuned the sim to my old iPhone 5 .

So i'm connnected to wifi on my new phone and playing around with the camera and I get a phone call on my iPhone 5 and my iPhone 6 at the same time.

I was like what the hell is going on and I answer on my 6 and its worked fine.

I think the call came through on the new Wifi calling feature, I didn't realise that it was enabled in the UK on o2.

I tired making a call on the 6 but it ask for a sim card, but could pick up calls with no issue.

MRSA

Banned

I ordered a new case which still hasn't been shipped so I decided not to setup my new phone as my main phone for now. I have a iPhone 5 so I decided to carry on using it until my case is delivered.

But of course, I wanted to play with my new phone so I booted it up and inserted my exsiting o2 sim into it to get past the welcome screens. Once I got past the screen I retuned the sim to my old iPhone 5 .

So i'm connnected to wifi on my new phone and playing around with the camera and I get a phone call on my iPhone 5 and my iPhone 6 at the same time.

I think the call came through on the new Wifi calling feature, I didn't realise that it was enabled in the UK on o2.

I tired making a call on the 6 but it ask for a sim card, but could pick up calls with no issue.

Uh. That's common, you'll get service on both your sims for a couple hours.

TUSR

Banned

Yeah wifi features will still work.

mandiller

Has anyone done a comprehensive scratch test on the iPhone 6? Out of habit I've got a screen protector on mine to keep the screen mint but I really don't like how it doesn't cover the entire screen (the rounded edges), so I'd love to just take it off. How does the screen fare against scratches?

mollipen

Does FB messanger work with other chat protocols? I don't wanna use multiple chat clients. Would like an all in one if they still make em.

Use multiple apps. Sorry, but it's the best solution. Every all-in-one app I've ever used has had some sort of stupid design decision, problem working with the service, or other downfall.

And tell your friend on AIM to come to the modern era. I was an AIM hold out way past its prime, but even I've moved on now.

Guys I can't download the new iOS, and when I try it shuts down my internet at home, I'm tripping hard. I tied from the phone itself, and from the computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhkPXVxISY

Nexus 5 vs. iPhone 6 speed test.

Granted it's nothing scientific but honestly even as an Android user I'm slightly surprised by the results. I didn't expect iPhone 6 to smoke the Nexus but I thought it would be consistently faster. It's not.

Well yeah? I mean what phone from the past 12-24 months can't open simple apps like those quickly? A more interesting test would be for some large 3D game. Even then I doubt there would be a difference. We've reached a point of diminishing returns on smartphone load times. We're talking milliseconds in speed differences.

Matt Frost

Well yeah? I mean what phone from the past 12-24 months can't open simple apps like those quickly? A more interesting test would be for some large 3D game. Even then I doubt there would be a difference. We've reached a point of diminishing returns on smartphone load times. We're talking milliseconds in speed differences.

Completely agree. Every phone does the same nowadays -call, Twitter, message, etc...- and specs are down to optimization (having the most advanced phone doesn't mean anything if the software isn't optimized) so the real test will be with Modern Combat 5 or something similar. And still I doubt there will be a real difference, so in the end what it counts are the apps you can buy, the easy to use and the optimization, three things Apple excels at.

Top Bottom