• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

I went white/silver, but I'm a fan of gold too. Space grey's back is too light to match the front IMO.

I have the black leather case on my Space Grey and I honestly think the whole thing ends up looking too black.

I really want a case that lets you see the back now.

I'm a boot cut type of guy and it isn't a problem. I think the 6+ would definitely be an issue with skinny jeans.

Go grunge or go 6.

I use the Plus. tight pants and Skinny jeans on a Naked iPhone 6 PLUS WILL make any phone blend. trust me the phone is too long for a nice fit in tight pants and skinny jeans. get a 6 if that is your fashion. I always keep it out of my pocket and either in my hand or in the jacket pocket when wearing tighter fitting

Minsc

Gold Member
I use the Plus. tight pants and Skinny jeans on a Naked iPhone 6 PLUS WILL make any phone blend. trust me the phone is too long for a nice fit in tight pants and skinny jeans. get a 6 if that is your fashion. I always keep it out of my pocket and either in my hand or in the jacket pocket when wearing tighter fitting

Only issue then is when it's too warm for jackets, still not sure about that one myself. Keeping your phone in your hand isn't always an option for some places/tasks. I guess some sort of bag that you lug around everywhere or just leave it unattended at your desk/wherever, but that doesn't necessarily seem the most responsible thing to do.

Husker86

I find all Android devices tend to have trouble with PDFs, tried a bunch of apps but none were perfect. Apple's Books apps works fine for me.

Have a Note 3 sitting here that cannot browse the web smoothly for the life of me. Chrome and default browser both suffer from horrendous stuttering. Need to use Dolphin with Jetpack to be bareable. Everything else works well enough, but it's temperamental.

Wow WTH,should I even bother with Android?

Just tried random pdf on my Nexus 5 and it was smooth. I'll compare to my iPhone 6 when I get home.

For the record, for all their specs, Samsung phones are always the most laggy Android phones. Not only compared to Nexus devices, but even LG and HTC.

Only issue then is when it's too warm for jackets, still not sure about that one myself. Keeping your phone in your hand isn't always an option for some places/tasks. I guess some sort of bag that you lug around everywhere or just leave it unattended at your desk/wherever, but that doesn't necessarily seem the most responsible thing to do.

yep, this is why i went with the 6. coming from a 4 it's still a nice upgrade in size. the 6+ would be cool in some ways, but i just felt like it would be a nuissance to carry around all of the time. i'm happy with my decision so far and can't see myself regretting it.

on a side note, i've been loving noticing the envy on people's faces when they see i have a 6. and i'm saying random strangers in public. i catch them lusting after my phone then eyeing me up and down for a minute. makes me laugh a little inside. obviously that will die down as more and more people get one. for now the thrist is real though haha

Heysoos

Delivery has been so weird for my phone lol. First it was in China for like 5 days, then it moves to Korea, back to China, then again back to Korea. Now it arrived in Louisville last night at 1am with a delivery date of today before the end of the day. It's almost 9am now and it still hasn't left Louisville, I'm in Texas. So I'm guessing I'm not getting it today after all.

Open up stores dammit -_-

I hate being a impulse buyer

Alright so if I want:

Silver - 40 min drive

Gold - 1hr 5 min drive

Gray - 10 min drive

hmm I'm going crazy over here

Samiad

Delivery has been so weird for my phone lol. First it was in China for like 5 days, then it moves to Korea, back to China, then again back to Korea. Now it arrived in Louisville last night at 1am with a delivery date of today before the end of the day. It's almost 9am now and it still hasn't left Louisville, I'm in Texas. So I'm guessing I'm not getting it today after all.

Everything you wrote applies to me exactly, every detail. My delivery address is in Southern California, can't believe it will turn up today (and by 12:15 - 4:15 no less!)

Wubby

I've gotten used to one handed use with my 6+. I figured out that holing my little finger under the bottom gives me the extra support I need. Only problem is I can't reach a few of the keys on the far side (like Q,A) without having to really stretch.

Number45

Alright so if I want:

Silver - 40 min drive

Gold - 1hr 5 min drive

Gray - 10 min drive

Superior colour and shortest distance? Sounds like the RNG gods are on your side.

I've gotten used to one handed use with my 6+. I figured out that holing my little finger under the bottom gives me the extra support I need. Only problem is I can't reach a few of the keys on the far side (like Q,A) without having to really stretch.
Even using reacharoundability?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
hey guys just to follow up on my last question. I bought the Iphone at BestBuy. Would I still be able to bring it to Apple and get it exchanged due to the dead pixels? Or will I have to bring it to BestBuy?

Go to Apple.

The 1-year warranty you have on the device by default is from Apple, not from BestBuy...not to mention that I wouldn't trust Best Buy with just about anything.

Wubby

Alright so if I want:

Silver - 40 min drive

Gold - 1hr 5 min drive

Gray - 10 min drive

I could have had mine a week earlier if I was willing to settle for the Silver or Gold. Gray was worth the extra weeks wait for me.

Double TAP the home button and it will bring the top closer. Don't press the button in, just double fast tap it.

Servbot24

Banned

Alright so if I want:

Silver - 40 min drive

Gold - 1hr 5 min drive

Gray - 10 min drive

Why would you even consider buying a screen with a white border? The best option is the closest one to you.

MicH

I'm a huge fan of the black iPhones too. That black front is so nice! When the screen is off you can hardly tell where the screen meets the bezel! Really nice

Noema

Just tried random pdf on my Nexus 5 and it was smooth. I'll compare to my iPhone 6 when I get home.

For the record, for all their specs, Samsung phones are always the most laggy Android phones. Not only compared to Nexus devices, but even LG and HTC.

Even on my lowly Moto G most PDFs and websites are reasonably smooth. The choppiness on the Note can probably be attributed to that cancer known as Touchwiz.

ZeroX03

Banned

For the record, for all their specs, Samsung phones are always the most laggy Android phones
. Not only compared to Nexus devices, but even LG and HTC.

Even on my lowly Moto G most PDFs and websites are reasonably smooth. The choppiness on the Note can probably be attributed to that cancer known as Touchwiz.

I had similar issues on the Nexus 7 and Shield Portable and installed a stock ROM on the Note 3 to try and fix things, to no avail. My XiaomiPad has serious video playback/streaming issues to the point where I just use my first gen iPad Mini for now (soon be 6 Plus).

As I said, terrible luck with Android.

Blackhead

Redarse

Even using reacharoundability?

Double TAP the home button and it will bring the top closer. Don't press the button in, just double fast tap it.

The reachability thing doesn't actually help with the keyboard.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't suppose anyone has heard on blogs or other sources if Logitech plans to release a case from their new [+] line for the iPhone 6? I got the vent mount and it is absolutely the best car mount I have ever used, but that universal case adapter is already scratching up my counter, or whatever else I set the phone on, and I want a real case.

for anyone who doesn't know what it is
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smartphone/cases

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Down in Florida on business and had the 6+ in my hand to buy at the store and decided to hold off for the black one. I love traveling to less populated areas. You always have a chance to find what you want.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm a boot cut type of guy and it isn't a problem. I think the 6+ would definitely be an issue with skinny jeans.

Go grunge or go 6.

walking around you're fine, when you sit down you'll be tempted to take it out of your pocket

It will be very annoying if you take your phone out of your pocket out a lot. If you expect it to sit on your desk 95% of the time you'll be alright.

yep, this is why i went with the 6. coming from a 4 it's still a nice upgrade in size. the 6+ would be cool in some ways, but i just felt like it would be a nuissance to carry around all of the time. i'm happy with my decision so far and can't see myself regretting it.

on a side note, i've been loving noticing the envy on people's faces when they see i have a 6. and i'm saying random strangers in public. i catch them lusting after my phone then eyeing me up and down for a minute. makes me laugh a little inside. obviously that will die down as more and more people get one. for now the thrist is real though haha

Cheers for the advice everyone, going to go into my apple store and give it a try in the pocket and see. I'm due an upgrade but have no idea what I'm doing yet, so this was actually.

Feels super weird, this is the first iPhone since the orginal that I haven't had at launch.
I skipped all the S numbers as they always never really added anything for me!

But yeah, probably leaning towards a 6 as knowing my luck I would turn the 6+ into an iWatch in a couple weeks, I have broken a bunch of phones, but never smashed the screen :S

What colors did you all go for? I'm thinking of releasing my inner teenage girl / rapper and going gold.

Clipse

Anyone else's phone constantly have 'Motion Calibration' always on from Location Services? Quick Google search shows that quite a few are having this problem and no one knows what it exactly does.

yogloo

I find all Android devices tend to have trouble with PDFs, tried a bunch of apps but none were perfect. Apple's Books apps works fine for me.
Try radaee reader. It's the only pdf reader I find acceptable on Android devices. Everything else is pretty shitty speedwise.

My only worry about the 6 Plus at the moment is how it looks if you're taking a call or calling someone. The photos make it seem huge, like holding up a tablet against your ear.

Davey Cakes

its impossible to find a 64gb iPhone plus space grey
I'm glad I pre-ordered mine.

Also, my Poetic case came yesterday. Atmosphere Series, gray. For $13, no complaints at all. Protects my phone as well or better than any other minimalist/slim case and for a half or third of the price.

Now the question is if I should get a screen protector or not.

NekoFever

Looks like a Tweetbot update with iPhone 6 support is rolling out. It's not showing up on my phone yet but I got it through iTunes.

What’s new in Version 3.5

Optimized for iOS 8
Optimized for the iPhone 6/6+
Added Interactive Notifications
1Password Support
Share Sheets Support
Bug Fixes

Vyer

Damn it, tweetbot update not showing up yet. I needs it

Edit: ah, interactive notifications and 1password support? Mmmm

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm so excited for Apple pay it will be so awesome to not have to carry your credit cards on you anymore

...is this sarcasm? You'll still need them for paying for stuff in all the places where contactless payments aren't accepted. We have contactless payments in the UK and it's definitely in the minority here, you guys don't even have chip and pin yet so I'm guessing there's not a lot of contactless terminals around.

HUELEN10

Here's my main concern about ApplePay...

You essentially use a new card number with every transaction, right?

What about returns? The original "card" doesn't exist to put the credit back on. Does this mean I would have to settle with store credit?

Christopher

What about returns? The original "card" doesn't exist to put the credit back on. Does this mean I would have to settle with store credit?

That return will probably be settled with that unique transaction number giving you a return on that and to your card.

the conference addressed this, when using Apple pay, the return will go back to the card.

NekoFever

The bank still knows what account the card is tied to. Everything happens on their end.

Top Bottom