• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

TxdoHawk

If you read your credit card's agreement statements, that actually makes your card invalid. If you look below or around where you normally sign the back of your card it says "Not valid unless signed." You'd be hard pressed to win any legal matter where you proclaim the signature of your name is "See ID."

In addition, so may retailers here in the USA have swipe-yourself terminals. The clerks rarely, if ever, actually look at the cards now. It still happens, don't get me wrong, but how often does a minimum wage employee actually ask for your card? I didn't have it happen too often when I put my signature plus "See ID" on the back of my cards, so I just stopped.

I don't even sign my cards anymore. 99% of the time the signature on the back turns into an incomprehensible smeary mess after a few months in my wallet anyway.

I used to occasionally get puzzled looks from the few employees that would actually check the card, but now everyone in service is so overworked and miserable that they either never bother to check or don't care.

Casanova

Anyone using a wallet case with their 6+? I'm about to get one and I'm hoping someone here has some good suggestions/experiences to share. Just realized you can put a fourth card in the money slot, which means I can actually replace my wallet with it.

For the 6+, try this, there are really no other options:

http://veruscase.com/device/iphone-...one-6-plus-wallet-case-dandy-klop-series.html

Stunningly beautiful, plenty of slots for license, cards, and cash - as well as a built-in stand.

Anyone else have problems with their iPhone 6s? I already had two replacements and I'm about to have my third one.

1) Bright red stuck pixel near the middle of the screen that you'd see wherever you are
2) Long scratch in the middle of the screen right out of the box
3) At around a third of display brightness one half of the screen doesn't go dimmer. So one half stays at 30% brightness while the rest goes down. Looks flickery when you turn the device on and off, makes it next to unusable in those low brightness situations.

They've been quick with the replacements but it's still annoying as hell, at this point I'd take the red pixel one back

Number45

http://veruscase.com/device/iphone-...one-6-plus-wallet-case-dandy-klop-series.html

Stunningly beautiful, plenty of slots for license, cards, and cash - as well as a built-in stand.
That's really nice. <3

Anyone else have problems with their iPhone 6s? I already had two replacements and I'm about to have my third one.

1) Bright red stuck pixel near the middle of the screen that you'd see wherever you are
2) Long scratch in the middle of the screen right out of the box
3) At around a third of display brightness one half of the screen doesn't go dimmer. So one half stays at 30% brightness while the rest goes down. Looks flickery when you turn the device on and off, makes it next to unusable in those low brightness situations.

They've been quick with the replacements but it's still annoying as hell, at this point I'd take the red pixel one back
Ouch. Sounds like you're having bad luck, but I'd keep going until I'm 100% satisfied with the phone.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GOD DAMNIT!

Better than what I'm experiencing. Based on the tracking information I have, the package has been bouncing around between China and South Korea for a week now. They don't even have a delivery estimate up anymore.

Two Words

Has this been brought up yet? Aluminum becomes significantly more malleable when heated. Are there any stress tests on the new iPhones that first make the phone make itself hot, like leaving the screen on or playing games?

I have the 6+ with the leather case. Any chance the case will help?

Zeth

Has this been brought up yet? Aluminum becomes significantly more malleable when heated. Are there any stress tests on the new iPhones that first make the phone make itself hot, like leaving the screen on or playing games?

I have the 6+ with the leather case. Any chance the case will help?

Yeah, the case will definitely help heat it up faster :p I wouldn't worry about unless you feel the forces applied to it regularly are enough to distort its shape.

Lanbeast

I think I'm going to return my 6+ today for a 6. I have a question though. It seems my Apple Store doesn't have any in stock so I'm wondering if I should return it and rebuy at att so I can get the trade in order on my 5s? If you do the trade in offer and the phone is oos and needs to be shipped do they take your phone right then and there? Thoughts?

hitsugi

...Has anyone actually gotten an iPhone 6 case delivered from Carved? I ordered a couple of weeks ago.. no shipping. I still haven't seen a photo of a Carved case on an actual iPhone 6, either

123rl

I'm on holiday and I've been taking a lot of videos with iPhone 6. I don't see a lot of people talking about it but the video recording quality of this device is superb. 60fps video is perfectly smooth

Bowser

We can see a number of tweaks, improvements and changes while looking through the iOS 8.1 beta release notes, with one of the biggest talking points seeing the Camera Roll back. We cannot be certain if it will be just like last time, or if they have just renamed Recently Added, meaning Camera Roll could also show photos taken from the last 30 days.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/09/30/ios-8-1-beta-release-notes-live-camera-roll-back/

Please be the actual Camera Roll and not Recently Added renamed. Really miss Camera Roll.

Went to Best Buy and they had a 6 plus gold 64GB in stock. Snatched it up real quick.

Loving the phone and its a perfect size for my large hands.

FinKL

Battery life on my 6+. I didn't disable anything that I don't use and I just set the phone up the way I normally use it. I would have gotten to 13+ hours of usage if I didn't plug it in before I went to sleep last night. CRAZY BATTERY LIFE!!!

Hmm, I feel like I might have a dud battery if this is typical battery life. Mine last 13 hours yesterday total. As someone new to iOS I also turned on nearly everything, max brightness, location services etc to get a feel of what's happening on the system. On the flip side my phone has been on today for 3 hours with 30 minutes of usage and just now dropped to 99%

I have the 6+ 64 space grey and I'm glad I got the bigger size. Only qualm is sometimes my pocket is not deep enough and sitting down the phone slips out my front pocket.

Apath

This was my favorite one on Amazon besides Case Mate's (which is $60).

Have you used it? There are no reviews so I'm hoping to hear how well it closes with several cards inside and if there are any issues--especially with the flaps.

That looks really nice and stylish. I'm currently looking for a case rather than a slip cover, but if I change my mind this is definitely one I'd consider.

Deku Tree

Hmm, I feel like I might have a dud battery if this is typical battery life. Mine last 13 hours yesterday total. As someone new to iOS I also turned on nearly everything, max brightness, location services etc to get a feel of what's happening on the system. On the flip side my phone has been on today for 3 hours with 30 minutes of usage and just now dropped to 99%

I have the 6+ 64 space grey and I'm glad I got the bigger size. Only qualm is sometimes my pocket is not deep enough and sitting down the phone slips out my front pocket.

To be honest, I have read carefully through several of the "how to get the most out of your battery" iOS web pages and I have things like background app refresh off, and bluetooth off, and brightness down. Brightness is a huge battery killer. I set it to automatically adjust my brightness and I basically keep it low. I don't turn anything off that I don't use. But I aggressively turned off many things that I wasn't using or didn't feel that I needed to be using like say "background app refresh". Besides background app refresh can be a data plan hog and you can end up using all your data without even getting much actual usage out of it.

For reference under very similar iOS settings I get about 12-15 hours of "usage" out of my iPad Air WiFi (not having Cellular data helps a lot) and on my 1 year old iPhone 5s I usually got about 5-6 hours of "usage".

Anyone here texting a lot on their iPhone 6+ using What'sApp?

It does chew away battery quite a bit. I don't think I have a bad battery, it is just the App taking a lot of it's life.

My iPhone 6 plus is about to die. First full day of having a battery charge.

Fuck I love this phone.

EB4IDwR.png

ijm72

Anyone here texting a lot on their iPhone 6+ using What'sApp?

It does chew away battery quite a bit. I don't think I have a bad battery, it is just the App taking a lot of it's life.

When I look at my battery usage Whatsapp always has the highest percentage. I hope they update it soon to improve the battery and to support the new phones.

Interfectum

Just got my iPhone 6 (instead of 6 plus that I originally ordered). Man this thing feels perfect in the hands. Only issue so far is sucker runs hot (currently restoring from backup so that could be the reason).

LCfiner

Just got my iPhone 6 (instead of 6 plus that I originally ordered). Man this thing feels perfect in the hands. Only issue so far is sucker runs hot (currently restoring from backup so that could be the reason).

that's def the reason. always happens with every iphone I've restored from iCloud backup. runs hot for a long while until all apps are downloaded.

yeah mine ran hot when I started it up too, since then it has been normal.

What colour looks the best for the Plus? Space grey (black front) or silver (white front)? I've usually always went with black (iPhone 4 and 5) but I'm not sure at the moment - Black feels more premium but white looks cleaner.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What colour looks the best for the Plus? Space grey (black front) or silver (white front)? I've usually always went with black (iPhone 4 and 5) but I'm not sure at the moment - Black feels more premium but white looks cleaner.

I always went black, but went silver/white for my Plus and like it. I'm grabbing the blue leather case. Should look nice.

Top Bottom