• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Deku Tree

I wonder what the percentage would be if Apple shipped the iPhone 6 with the same camera features, same battery, same screen resolution as the 6+.

Those were the reasons ALOT of people (including myself) opted for the 5.5in model. Not just the size.

Those things are not really possible unless you add weight and a lot of thickness. Jony would quit Applle before that happened.

Heysoos

How do I stop the regular keyboard from appearing? I just want to use Swiftkey but sometimes the other one will take over for some reason.

Get'sMad

I'm a smaller phone man but I've been rocking a 4S the last few years and am gonna get a 6 in the next few weeks but god damn.... I grabbed my friends S5 just to see how the thing fits in my jean pockets and it part of the thing was sticking right out and I'm guessing the 6 will do the same. smh. I guess I need to ditch APCs and get jeans with deeper pockets or something. #assholeproblems

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Still getting the 'no keyboard' bug in Messages, Safari, and spotlight search at least once a day on 8.0.2.

Hope that gets corrected in the next update.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone have any recommendations for a stylus to use with a 6 Plus? Been using it a bit on the Note 3, none of the special functions or handwriting, just find navigating and using Swype more comfortable for prolonged periods of time.

This is why my 6+ still hasn't shipped from Apple 😡

Well, that will be why 6 Plus production has increased to 60% - because they underestimated / didn't have the means to meet demand (not because it will account for 60% of sales over the phone's lifespan, but because demand drastically outstripped supply at first). It's a shame people are still waiting.

ZeroX03

Banned
Why not give the user the choice though?

They have the "full access" option for keyboards and people were freaking over that. Probably just covering themselves by making sure there's zero risk of people's passwords getting nabbed. Personally I don't care, but all my passwords need to be typed and not predictive so it means nothing.

Bgamer90

Banned
Love this phone.

By-amOMCIAAspeY.jpg

Nori Chan

So I'm about to go to an att store to order the iPhone 6 64 GB Grey and Gold and the guy over the phone said that people who ordered from them always get the phone in about 24 hours from the warehouse.

Should I believe him? Or is he full of shit and am I going to wait til november?

wihio

Anyone having 3G data issues with their iPhones? I am using a Verizon iPhone 6 on 8.0.2, and I can make and receive calls, send texts (but not image texts, afaik), but none of my apps will utilize 3G for data.

I have Reset Network Settings, turned Airplane mode on and off, rebooted my iPhone, and ensured the apps are allowed to use Cellular data in Settings, all to no avail. An iPhone 4 sitting right next to it does just fine on 3G

I noticed that 4G/LTE worked fine when I traveled to a location that offered it.

Gonna try dropping to iOS 8.0 I guess...

pxleyes

Banned
I'll turn Bluetooth off for now. I guess I should also take into account traveling around the last couple of days. I imagine that strains my location and movement based services more than usual. Getting in and out of the car, connecting Bluetooth, etc, well if I had thought this through it would be obvious.

DarkJC

I don't think Bluetooth is that big a battery hog (when not in use). I've made a habit of keeping mine on and if I don't use any bluetooth devices it seems to have a negligible impact.

I leave it on because if I want to use airdrop or bluetooth audio I dont have to worry about turning it on / off.

I don't think Bluetooth is that big a battery hog (when not in use). I've made a habit of keeping mine on and if I don't use any bluetooth devices it seems to have a negligible impact.

I leave it on because if I want to use airdrop or bluetooth audio I dont have to worry about turning it on / off.

I keep it on for instant hotspot and I use BT headphones on my iPhone. I can't tell a difference when it's in standby. When actively using BT? Sure, but not when it's just on and not connected.

So I'm about to go to an att store to order the iPhone 6 64 GB Grey and Gold and the guy over the phone said that people who ordered from them always get the phone in about 24 hours from the warehouse.

Should I believe him? Or is he full of shit and am I going to wait til november?

Saleman will say anything to sell a phone. Ask a different ATT store.

Well, I got my iPhone 6 Plus from Vodafone on the 24th September and within three days managed to crack the screen with a hairline crack that you could feel with your nail as you ran your finger over it that slowly went up the screen from left to right.

No idea how I did it, as it was in my pocket with nothing else and I figured what with them saying its the strongest glass they've ever created I wouldnt need to put a screen protector on it.

I made a Genius appointment and phoned the Bath store and they said it would be £106 to replace the screen and they'd do it in store.
I phoned again the day before I went (today) and they said it would be a straight swap for £99.

I got there, I spoke to a Genius Advisor and he looked it at, was shocked at the crack and said it will be replaced their and then as their screen replacement machine wasnt working.

He replaced it for me and didnt charge me as it was under the warranty and they didnt class it as accidental damage.

It was from a white box in their grey draws behind the counter and given that its been less than a month I am assuming this is a brand new iPhone 6 Plus and not a refurbishment.

Really impressed with their speed of service and their general manners in the Bath store. Never had a problem with Apple like this and wondered how it would go.

They also replaced my iPhone 5 battery for free under the free battery replacement program.

NYR

It was from a white box in their grey draws behind the counter and given that its been less than a month I am assuming this is a brand new iPhone 6 Plus and not a refurbishment[./QUOTE]

Yeah, usually those are refurbs, but since it has been so soon, it is likely new. Worst case, it is a second hand that was returned (doubtful).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I touched a 6+ today.

Fuck me.

Ninja Dom

It was from a white box in their grey draws behind the counter and given that its been less than a month I am assuming this is a brand new iPhone 6 Plus and not a refurbishment.

Really impressed with their speed of service and their general manners in the Bath store. Never had a problem with Apple like this and wondered how it would go.

They also replaced my iPhone 5 battery for free under the free battery replacement program.

Yeah, usually those are refurbs, but since it has been so soon, it is likely new. Worst case, it is a second hand that was returned (doubtful).

Check a look at this website.

Put in your Serial Number and it will tell you the week of manufacture of your iPhone and other Apple products.

Kibbles

Can you buy a AT&T iPhone 6 unsubsidized at Best Buy? IDeviceChecker shows a iPhone at my local best buy and I was just about to go shopping. I'm not eligible for upgrade but was thinking of trading in my current iPhone and buying the Plus full price if I could.

Can you buy phones at full price at Best Buy? IDeviceChecker shows a iPhone at my local best buy and I was just about to go shopping. I'm not eligible for upgrade but was thinking of trading in my current iPhone and buying the Plus full price if I could.

Yes but side note on this: I was considering pulling the trigger on an iPhone 6 non-contract at Best Buy until they rang up the phone and I realized that they're selling it for $50 more than Apple is. $799 for the 64GB iPhone 6 instead of $749. So check to make sure what price they're selling it.

Ashhong

Damn, Spigen cases are popular -_-

Can't find one anywhere in a color I like.

F spigen. Ordered a case last week with expected delivery by this Tuesday. Nothing comes. I email them and get a template reply saying sorry. I reply again with a question and they reply with the same template reply, not acknowledging my question at all. Still hasn't shipped at this point.

I emailed them again complaining and then they updated my shipping progress to shipped, except the actual tracking info says "label printed". Fuck you, changing that to try and trick me when you haven't even started to send anything. It doesn't take 4 days to go from printing a label to shipping the item.

DarkJC

Mailbox updated. No 6/+ support. :(

I did not think this would be as big a deal as the update to retina or the update to the 16:9 aspect ratio for the iPhone 5, but it is. It's so obvious on apps that aren't updated and I want them to be updated SO BADLY.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Anyone elses buttons (home, power, volume) on the phone creak, and move as compared to the firm build quality of the 5S?

Corgi

Banned
I did not think this would be as big a deal as the update to retina or the update to the 16:9 aspect ratio for the iPhone 5, but it is. It's so obvious on apps that aren't updated and I want them to be updated SO BADLY.
Lol. It's really mailbox and chrome that I need still. Well also reeder.

Man I hope all mail apps get the split pane landscape view for 6+.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Goddamn what a twist it'd be if I switched to android for SMALLER screens in the future. If iPhones get larger then 5 inches as standard, I'm out.

Top Bottom