• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Ugh, first time trying to put music on my 6 and im getting the "ghost songs" on the phone that never sync.

Is there a simple way to FIX this other than deleting the songs and trying again?

gonna be honest here i actually like this phone more than i thought i would. iOS still has some flaws but i think i could manage with them. have to check out a nexus 6 but this may be my phone for the next 6 months

Cr0wn0

I heard today that apple is declining ALOT of updates and then taking forever to approve them. A friends app was declined because he didn't have a privacy policy. He's been waiting almost 2 weeks now for approval.

20cent

Banned
looking at the poetic...

71Lj9rRpbSL._SL1500_.jpg

might just be me, but thats one ugly case.

41ZwRe6UErL._SY300_.jpg

just get a simple clear PU case, should be less than $5 for a no-name one on eBay.
It is better than I thought, the plastic is quite flexible and won't be easy to scratch like the old clear hard plastic cases.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Finally got my 6+ from Apple today. Yeah! Loving it a ton and the size works although if my hands were any smaller (measured in centimeters of course) I don't think one handed operation would work very well. I have the black apple leather case which is of great quality and looks really nice but I'm thinking it might not be grippy enough. Anyone with the silicon case...is it significantly more grippy?

outsidah

Its starting to bother me how many apps still haven't been updated to support the new resolution on the 6+. I know first world problems and all but its annoying.

Got my 6+, it's so big.

Now the hunt for wallpaper.

Its starting to bother me how many apps still haven't been updated to support the new resolution on the 6+. I know first world problems and all but its annoying.
now that I have it in hand, I can start updating my own apps. Core based apps suffer the most.

outsidah

Got my 6+, it's so big.

Now the hunt for wallpaper.

now that I have it in hand, I can start updating my own apps. Core based apps suffer the most.

I prefer Android for the most part so in used to some larger phones. It didn't really hit me though how big the 6+ is compared to the regular 6 till I saw them in a store side by side. It looks enormous next to it. Feels normal sized to me though.

I prefer Android for the most part so in used to some larger phones. It didn't really hit me though how big the 6+ is compared to the regular 6 till I saw them in a store side by side. It looks enormous next to it. Feels normal sized to me though.
I'm coming from a 4S, so yes, this is a sizeable jump.

mf.luder

I love iMessage from my Mac. But is there now anyway to message EVERYONE from the computer, rather than just those people who have apple phones?

This is coming in Yosemite. You need your phone to be "connected" to your mac. I believe this is accomplished in 2 ways. 1 is being on the same wifi network. The other is via Bluetooth.

I've always done the wifi way, I'm not even sure if the Bluetooth option exists.

btkadams

I love iMessage from my Mac. But is there now anyway to message EVERYONE from the computer, rather than just those people who have apple phones?
It's coming in Yosemite and it will just start working. You might have a pop up on either device asking to confirm SMS Relay on your Mac, but that's it. I believe you just have to be on the same wifi network for it. My mac doesn't have Bluetooth 4.0, so Yosemite's continuity stuff doesn't work. However, SMS Relay works, so it must just be using wifi.

hope32

It's coming in Yosemite and it will just start working. You might have a pop up on either device asking to confirm SMS Relay on your Mac, but that's it. I believe you just have to be on the same wifi network for it. My mac doesn't have Bluetooth 4.0, so Yosemite's continuity stuff doesn't work. However, SMS Relay works, so it must just be using wifi.

on the other end, can I just get iMessages on my iPhone only? I don't like it when it goes to my iPad and Macbook.

Deku Tree

Anyone know what the main usability difference between a 10 W Apple iPad charger (I got it with an iPad 2) and the 12 W Apple iPad charger (came with my iPad Air)? I know I know one draws 10 W and the other draws 12 W... But what is the noticeable difference for the standard user?

jts

...hate me...
Anyone know what the main usability difference between a 10 W Apple iPad charger (I got it with an iPad 2) and the 12 W Apple iPad charger (came with my iPad Air)? I know I know one draws 10 W and the other draws 12 W... But what is the noticeable difference for the standard user?
Speed of charging.

toneroni

Ugh Im such a pain in the ass. Finally decided to return my 6 for a 6 plus. Now have to wait 4-6 weeks lol. Figure I can get rid of my iPad this way.

Ugh Im such a pain in the ass. Finally decided to return my 6 for a 6 plus. Now have to wait 4-6 weeks lol. Figure I can get rid of my iPad this way.

The iPad is still a lot larger though. Infinitely more pleasant to look at than even a 5.5" screen. Especially when propped up. Not saying the plus is a bad choice, just that you shouldn't get rid of your iPad.

It's been shown that the 6 plus charges in 3.5 hours with the 5W charger and charges in 2 hours with the 12 W charger. In fact it was rumored to come with a new charger but it didn't make it in time for release

bjscott05

Man, I was going to get a 64gb Silver 6 this morning and it isn't in stock anywhere. Kind of surprising. Seemed like before launch all talk was about 6+ shortages.

Deku Tree

It's been shown that the 6 plus charges in 3.5 hours with the 5W charger and charges in 2 hours with the 12 W charger. In fact it was rumored to come with a new charger but it didn't make it in time for release

Yeah. I heard that rumor. If I'm charging my 6 plus overnight then I use the iPhone charger. Otherwise I use the iPad charger.

NYR

I just charged my iPhone 6 plus using an iPad charger - went from 0 to 75 in less than 2 hours, amazing.

Curufinwe

I got my Candyshell Grip case at Best Buy today

8259092_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

but I think I want a case to protect the screen when I need to throw my phone in a bag. I actually have an old DS case that seems to fit it perfectly, but it's not a long term solution because it's needlessly bulky.

jstripes

Banned
I called Rogers today to order an iPhone 6, and ended up with some condescending android fanboy trying everything in his power to convince me to buy a "much more capable" Galaxy S5 instead, even though I told him I know all about phones and did all my research. He even flat-out told me I'm "wrong" about certain things I preferred about the iPhone. ("The camera hasn't been upgraded in four generations.") When I got fed-up with it and asked him if he'd ever heard of "the customer is always right", he told me it's "an outdated term", and continued his hard sell on the S5.

I ended up hanging up on him and calling back to talk to a much more sensible representative who didn't even question what I wanted.

Holy shit, though. It was like talking to someone from the internet. That guy needs to get disciplined.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
("The camera hasn't been upgraded in four generations.")
He's almost right. I think camera optics haven't been updated since 4S. I think sensor was updated though, having same number of MP, but bigger pixels. They've also done a ton of software updates and electronics that control the camera though, which provided faster autofocus and stuff like that. It's so weird talking to a salesman like that. I think in most cases it's because they want to sell you what they have in stock,

It's not really apple's fault though. I think cameras of that size have reached the limits of what is physically possible, and they are using the best available camera of that size.

jstripes

Banned
He's almost right. I think camera optics haven't been updated since 4S. I think sensor was updated though, having same number of MP, but bigger pixels. They've also done a ton of software updates and electronics that control the camera though, which provided faster autofocus and stuff like that. It's so weird talking to a salesman like that. I think in most cases it's because they want to sell you what they have in stock,

It's not really apple's fault though. I think cameras of that size have reached the limits of what is physically possible, and they are using the best available camera of that size.

He's not right at all. At least, to anyone who understands digital photography.

It's funny because the policy is that employees have to big up every single phone. No matter what the customer gets even if it is a legit questionable phone (like any blackberry), you're still supposed to make them feel good about it and say things like yeah that's a great phone, hope you enjoy it, etc...

That agent sounds like a complete idiot.

Top Bottom