• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

LaneDS

I'd like to trade in my iPhone 5 at an Apple Store to get the $200 (presumably) towards an iPhone 6, but my local Apple Stores are all cleared out on stock. I'd order online and don't mind waiting, but then I'd be paying the full amount up front and a $200 Apple Store gift card probably won't do me much good. Is there any way to get around this, short of waiting (or hoping) for local stores to get them in stock to do the trade-in and purchase at once?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone had issues where apps will be stuck rotated in landscape mode? This just happened to me with my Mail app, but I've had it happen with iMessage, too. I'm on an iPhone 6. Rebooting fixed it but it's still pretty annoying.

Scarphace

Has anyone had issues where apps will be stuck rotated in landscape mode? This just happened to me with my Mail app, but I've had it happen with iMessage, too. I'm on an iPhone 6. Rebooting fixed it but it's still pretty annoying.

Happened on my 6 once or twice but I just closed the app and opened it again

Mobius 1

I've received the Air Jacket, and again Power Support delivers. Outstanding fit and finish, minimalistic and precise. Phone looks like a beautiful black slab with it.

woLaA0T.jpg

bGZgnO0.jpg

fCgCChh.jpg

MUVeKgv.jpg

jstripes

Banned
It's awful. The in-store selection of iPhone 6 cases is absolute garbage right now. Aside from Apple's official cases, there's nothing but off-brand cases rushed to market, and gigantic OtterBoxes.

Gotta go naked for a few weeks, I guess.

(I prefer to see cases in person rather than shop online sight unseen.)

HUELEN10

It's awful. The in-store selection of iPhone 6 cases is absolute garbage right now. Aside from Apple's official cases, there's nothing but off-brand cases rushed to market, and gigantic OtterBoxes.

Gotta go naked for a few weeks, I guess.

(I prefer to see cases in person rather than shop online sight unseen.)
Just get an ATT Speck Candyshell. Seriously, this is the best Candyshell ever made.

So, I've been greatly enjoying my iPhone 6 Plus for the few weeks I've had it but I must say I've been pretty disappointed with the performance. Constant app refreshes, tab reloads, crashes, bugs, framerate issues... I'm hoping most of that will be cleared up with iOS 8.1 but this phone really feels very "un-Apple-like" to me. When I went from the 3G to the 4 I was blown away; everything was smooth like butter. From the 4 to 5? It was like taking my first steps into a larger world. In many ways the performance on the 6 Plus feels like a step back from my 5. At best, the performance is equal. There are so many weird, little bugs. A stutter when rotating a video to landscape, a tab reload when bouncing between two tabs (which is AWESOME when the tab that reloads is a complete but unposted reply to a thread), etc. Is it just me? I remember when Epic Citadel launched, how amazing it looked and ran on my new phone. The "metal" powered Zen Garden? A stuttery mess on the Plus.

Anyone here with a gold 6? That's the only one available, but gold... isn't my thing usually. How ugly are they?

Also: keep the case recommendations coming.

I don't mind the gold, but I also got it because that was all they had lol. But its really not that bad in my opinion. Threw on an Incipio case, looks great to me.

Ninja Dom

So, I've been greatly enjoying my iPhone 6 Plus for the few weeks I've had it but I must say I've been pretty disappointed with the performance. Constant app refreshes, tab reloads, crashes, bugs, framerate issues... I'm hoping most of that will be cleared up with iOS 8.1 but this phone really feels very "un-Apple-like" to me. When I went from the 3G to the 4 I was blown away; everything was smooth like butter. From the 4 to 5? It was like taking my first steps into a larger world. In many ways the performance on the 6 Plus feels like a step back from my 5. At best, the performance is equal. There are so many weird, little bugs. A stutter when rotating a video to landscape, a tab reload when bouncing between two tabs (which is AWESOME when the tab that reloads is a complete but unposted reply to a thread), etc. Is it just me? I remember when Epic Citadel launched, how amazing it looked and ran on my new phone. The "metal" powered Zen Garden? A stuttery mess on the Plus.

I agree with you. I don't find Zen Garden impressive at all, especially compared to Epic Citadel. It was one of the first new apps I downloaded after I got my 6 and I find it all to be a bit meh. Also, I downloaded the updated Asphalt Racing game that got updated to Metal. Didn't impress me either and I couldn't see much of a difference from playing it on my 5S when it came out before Metal.

Apath

Just ordered a wallet case for my 6 Plus. We'll see how well this works out--could potentially reduce the stuff I carry significantly.

Can't wait for Apple Pay to release as well. Really interested to try it out for myself to see how close Apple's ambition of wanting to replace our wallets really is.

BunnyBear

I've received the Air Jacket, and again Power Support delivers. Outstanding fit and finish, minimalistic and precise. Phone looks like a beautiful black slab with it.

woLaA0T.jpg

bGZgnO0.jpg

fCgCChh.jpg

MUVeKgv.jpg

So is it a rubber case? Looks nice. I may grab one, I'm just wanting one that will protect my phone from drops because I'm clumsy as hell.

hypotc

I've ordered a Poetic Atmosphere for my iPhone 6 (that I'm picking up today:D)

0010913_atmosphere.jpeg

I love it on my iPhone 5, so I hope 6th version is equally awesome. The fit is so snug that it's hard to get the phone out of the case. Hard plastic on the back/sides too, with softer bumpers in the front!

http://www.poeticcases.com/atmosphere-4

Tigress

Well, I can say when looking at the 6 at the store I had to reset it for the, cause it was so slogged down I couldn't even get it to slide between home scenes (it wasn't completely frozen but to slow to keep up with my swipe). That wasn't impressive at all.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Looks good. I'm not using a case right now, but something fairly slim like this wouldn't be too bad for when I'd want one. Don't think they're available in the UK yet though.

How is the iphone 6 holding up in scrathes on the backside and front panel? Hopefully Apple have made some huge improvements on that since the fiasko that was iPhone 5. The iPhone 4 was better on cratches IMO

Using a case is not something I will do.

Lanbeast

Had a really frustrating morning.

My 64gb Space Gray 6+ was still on backorder til late October. I checked and saw that the local Apple store had them in stock, so I wanted to try to put in an order for store pickup. In order to do so, I had to cancel my order...I was hesitant, but decided to pull the trigger.

I add one to my cart, go to select in store pickup, and that option is not available with the AT&T Next program. So now I'm here with no in store pickup today, no order, and if I reorder the estimated delivery is the middle of November.

27049-sad-baby.jpg

My 64gb Space Gray 6+ was still on backorder til late October. I checked and saw that the local Apple store had them in stock, so I wanted to try to put in an order for store pickup. In order to do so, I had to cancel my order...I was hesitant, but decided to pull the trigger.

I add one to my cart, go to select in store pickup, and that option is not available with the AT&T Next program. So now I'm here with no in store pickup today, no order, and if I reorder the estimated delivery is the middle of November.

27049-sad-baby.jpg

Lol that sucks. Why don't you just walk in to the Apple Store?

They don't open until 10 and they're already showing out of stock again. I don't understand why you can walk into the store and do Next financing, but not if you order online for in store pickup?
Me neither. All I can tell you is that the store does keep a separate walk in stock from the store pick up stock. So all hope is not lost yet.

I've also heard stories of people using the two year contract to do the store pickup, but cancel the order when they arrive and then have Apple put it on the Next plan for you. It's a bit of a hassle but Apple will accommodate you.

Lanbeast

Me neither. All I can tell you is that the store does keep a separate walk in stock from the store pick up stock. So all hope is not lost yet.

I've also heard stories of people using the two year contract to do the store pickup, but cancel the order when they arrive and then have Apple put it on the Next plan for you. It's a bit of a hassle but Apple will accommodate you.

Yeah, I was just reading about people doing to the 2 years/next switch in store. Wish I would have known that this morning. I e-mailed Apple to see if they would un-cancel my order. I don't really want to leave work early and drive an hour just to see if they have walk in stock, you know?

Oh well.

Ashhong

I've ordered a Poetic Atmosphere for my iPhone 6 (that I'm picking up today:D)

0010913_atmosphere.jpeg

I love it on my iPhone 5, so I hope 6th version is equally awesome. The fit is so snug that it's hard to get the phone out of the case. Hard plastic on the back/sides too, with softer bumpers in the front!

http://www.poeticcases.com/atmosphere-4

I have this right now but under the Minisuit name, same as I had for the 5. It's a good case, easier to get in and out than the 5 version, but still tight. Only problem is that dust still goes in around the top and the camera, and because of the clear back it's pretty visible.

D6AMIA6N

For exercise/gym/running get a FlipBelt, works great, no flop, sliding, etc. For a case I highly recommend the Speck CandyShell, also a great product. Sorry for the crappy iPad pic.

imagejpg1_zps5795bf6a.jpg

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Woke up... saw a AT&T 64 GB Grey 6+ in stock up in Menlo Park NJ and just ordered it for pickup today.

I thought I could just keep my 4S and make it through another year, but I folded.. :-(

Soooooooo I'll read through this page for case photos and

if I pick it up from the store, do I have to activate it at the store or can I keep it in the box and do it later after I hang out for the night?

//ARCANUM

27049-sad-baby.jpg

Apple online stock only shows it available for in store pickup if there are 5 or more in stock. Meaning that if it was there and then went away, there should theoretically be 4 available to the first people in line this morning.

Got the Plus silver 64GB.... oh my god I have no idea why I always went with grey before silver is so much more sexier!!

The size is my dream size, PERFECT... can't get my hands of it.

Casanova

Anyone here with a gold 6? That's the only one available, but gold... isn't my thing usually. How ugly are they?

Also: keep the case recommendations coming.

No, it looks great. You would assume it looks gawty or cliche, but it doesn't at all once you actually have it in your hand. I own a gold iPhone 6 - it looks sleek and nice with or without a case. But, it looks really nice with a dark brown leather or black case, with the golden Apple logo showing through the back.

I had asked this question earlier in this thread and was absolutely baffled at why this is the way it is. Nonetheless the alternatives this situation does work if you have the funds. I actually just walked in after looking at the stock for the apple store that day. I walked in and they had it and I signed up for the ATT NEXT program right there on the spot. Paid the taxes and walked out.

bjork

Has anyone here used Verizon's trade-in thing? I'm on an old iphone 4, but they're offering $200 for it if I send it back, so I'd get the base 6 for the price of fees or whatever. I'm interested, but I've seen posts around where people got different values once they sent the phone in.

Top Bottom