• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

IronRinn

Has anyone here used Verizon's trade-in thing? I'm on an old iphone 4, but they're offering $200 for it if I send it back, so I'd get the base 6 for the price of fees or whatever. I'm interested, but I've seen posts around where people got different values once they sent the phone in.

Are they still offering it? My understanding was that you had to order by 9/30.

I did it, but I haven't received my 6+ yet and, therefore, have yet to actually send them my old phone.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Looks great. I always loved Power Support's products for iphone/ipad.

i cant stand how these cases handle the bottom area, it needs to be open, not wrapped like that, otherwise lots of docks and the old iphone adapters wont work on the phone.

Interfectum

For exercise/gym/running get a FlipBelt, works great, no flop, sliding, etc. For a case I highly recommend the Speck CandyShell, also a great product. Sorry for the crappy iPad pic.

imagejpg1_zps5795bf6a.jpg

I have a FlipBelt and an iPhone 6 and I agree with this recommendation. I think you could possibly fit a 6 Plus in there but it would be tight.

Has anyone here used Verizon's trade-in thing? I'm on an old iphone 4, but they're offering $200 for it if I send it back, so I'd get the base 6 for the price of fees or whatever. I'm interested, but I've seen posts around where people got different values once they sent the phone in.

I'm in the middle of it. I'm assuming/hoping the back order "counts" as an order even though it won't ship for two weeks.

Jobiensis

I'm in the middle of it. I'm assuming/hoping the back order "counts" as an order even though it won't ship for two weeks.

I got a 6 the day it was released, and sent for the trade in shortly thereafter. I just received the pack to mail the 4s back two days ago, so it took weeks for them to send me an envelope. I was told they were massively backlogged and as long as the request got in on time, they will honor the deal.

Pastry

Banned
I finaaaaallly got an update on my 6+ from Apple. I ordered on September 24th and just got an e-mail saying that it's going to ship next week and it'll be here around the 23rd-30th depending on when it ships.

I finaaaaallly got an update on my 6+ from Apple. I ordered on September 24th and just got an e-mail saying that it's going to ship next week and it'll be here around the 23rd-30th depending on when it ships.

NICE! I just checked on my 6+, and it's finally moved to preparing for shipment (ordered on 9/19), same delivery window of 10/20 - 10/27 though.

NIGHT-

Anyone having trouble with phone calls on the 6 plus? I have a hard time hearing people and they have a hard time hearing me

aza

Finally got my Top Flip from Vaja. Took about three weeks to get here, but it looks pretty nice. Here it is next to my old Spigen case for my 4S:

slBjd4Z.jpg

h8DlGpM.jpg

TxdoHawk

I've received the Air Jacket, and again Power Support delivers. Outstanding fit and finish, minimalistic and precise. Phone looks like a beautiful black slab with it.

woLaA0T.jpg

Looks nice...but also looks like you have zero protection in a screen-first drop, which would be my primary concern.

Kibbles

It's awful. The in-store selection of iPhone 6 cases is absolute garbage right now. Aside from Apple's official cases, there's nothing but off-brand cases rushed to market, and gigantic OtterBoxes.

Gotta go naked for a few weeks, I guess.

(I prefer to see cases in person rather than shop online sight unseen.)
I bought a UAG clear case I like it.

Ashhong

As long as you ordered it through verizon, your phone is not damaged, and you sign up for the trade in before the 15th, you should be fine.

Ps. I uograded my router from an old net gear to a dual band dlink and I haven't had any issues with my iPhone wifi. Before that, I was having the shittiest wifi, but never on ios7

Tigress

Well, went into the AT&T store today to trade in my 4 and 5 for a 6 (the 4 I had lieing around) and was told a three week wait. He also tried to trick me into getting off my unlimited by telling me they no longer offered it unless you paid full price for the phone. Didn't believe him, looked it up, found evidence he was wrong... he tried to show me he couldn't do it, discovered he could pick the unlimited plan still, was quick thinking on finding an excuse as to why he made an "honest" mistake (I didn't argue with him. You want to keep your pride, whatever, I'm keeping my plan and I'd rather not end up with a ticked off salesguy who will feel less inclined to help me. Besides, I'm sure he is being pushed by metrics to do whatever he can to get percentage of people on the "new" plans and probably wants to get scheduled for a decent amount of hours. I'm sure AT&T doesn't just use incentives to push their salespeople and I sure don't envy his job).

Anyways, I got the confirmation of the order when I got home, and then a few hours later I got a message saying they are shipping my iphone out and the tracking number... which, from what I understand these things are on backorder everywhere so a little amazed (I must have ordered one of the most unwanted ones, heh. And it wasn't even a 16 GB one). Well at least I didn't want a 6+, they were telling me those were backordered til the end of November (though I wonder if it would be really that long, after all even if they had the things in stock sending it to me the very day I ordered it seems pretty quick turnaround).

Around 7am I saw the 6+ make and model that I wanted pop up on store availability down here in Miami so I locked them shits in.

I like it so far, but we'll see how I feel about it in a week. it's pretty badass.

64GB Black Plus club.

Not sure if anyone had this this but this happened to me couple of times.

I'm using the browser or an app or sometimes even during a call and randomly my screen goes black and the apple logo pops up like it restarted but it isn't. The regular home screen he's back in few seconds and the call automatically stays on.

Has anyone experienced this? Never happened with my old iPhones. This is something new and I'm on a 64GB 6 Plus.

Vyer

Ps. I uograded my router from an old net gear to a dual band dlink and I haven't had any issues with my iPhone wifi. Before that, I was having the shittiest wifi, but never on ios7

Glad to hear you found a solution. That's why I was also recommending firmware upgrades/cycling to people. Wifi issues are such a pain in the ass to diagnose. Most people wouldn't think to update their equipment because it worked fine up until the new device was introduced.

Not sure if anyone had this this but this happened to me couple of times.

I'm using the browser or an app or sometimes even during a call and randomly my screen goes black and the apple logo pops up like it restarted but it isn't. The regular home screen he's back in few seconds and the call automatically stays on.

Has anyone experienced this? Never happened with my old iPhones. This is something new and I'm on a 64GB 6 Plus.
Sounds like a springboard crash. They're definitely more prevalent in iOS 8.

Mr Swine

Banned
Which case is the best one to get for iPhone 6 plus to avoid bending when having it in the pocket? I would be happy if it can be bought from Amazon uk

Anyone having issues with the volume buttons on the 6? Had the phone for about a week now and on at least 5 occasions the volume buttons have gotten "stuck". Physically they seem fine, but the volume keeps increasing, gets stuck on max volume and I'm unable to reduce it. Switching the phone off and on fixes it but it still seems more like a hardware issue than software.

Going to the Apple store on Monday so hopefully I'll just be able to exchange it for a new one.

dorn.

Finally got my regular 6 yesterday after 3 weeks lf waiting, really happy so far except for 3 things.

1. WiFi connectivity issues, I randomly lose and regain WiFi connections even if I'm right bext to the router. Never had problems of that kind before.

2. Is it me or have they chabgef the scrolling in Safari? Feels kinda sluggish to me, not as smooth as it used to be.

3. The battery life so far has been absolutely abysmal, it lost 45% from 3 AM when I took it off the charger to 10 AM, just in standby. Fuck, it went down 5% just typing this. That's kinda unacceptable...

Have my 6+ 128gb for 2 weeks now , battery life is so good 9+hours-10 hours on use and pretty much longer when not in used like very long

Just my griped are the apps not updates yet and wifi issues going out wtf

Also touchID is amazeballs

knitoe

Which case is the best one to get for iPhone 6 plus to avoid bending when having it in the pocket? I would be happy if it can be bought from Amazon uk

Depends on what you mean by "best". You can go with heavy "armor" or light minilistic hard case. Personally, I prefer the later and bought a Power Support Air Jacket Clear.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Finally got my regular 6 yesterday after 3 weeks lf waiting, really happy so far except for 3 things.

1. WiFi connectivity issues, I randomly lose and regain WiFi connections even if I'm right bext to the router. Never had problems of that kind before.

2. Is it me or have they chabgef the scrolling in Safari? Feels kinda sluggish to me, not as smooth as it used to be.

3. The battery life so far has been absolutely abysmal, it lost 45% from 3 AM when I took it off the charger to 10 AM, just in standby. Fuck, it went down 5% just typing this. That's kinda unacceptable...

Sounds like you have a faulty battery...

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey GAF! My 6 Plus arrived! Days ago. I kept quiet just in case there was something wrong and I ended up depressed because I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will. But it's been three days so it's time to proclaim it a success.

That battery life. Three fucking days after the first 100% charge. Apple's standby is second to none. Nothing much else to say, no issues except for Wi-Fi occasionally dropping but it's not really a nuisance and will be patched. No additional functionality, it's basically the same as my 5S only bigger. Which is what I wanted.

About the case though: I have the Apple leather case and it's already stained blue from my jeans and caught some dirt. This thing is going to get wrecked, but as long as it's still comfy and protects the phone, I'll live.

dorn.

Sounds like you have a faulty battery...

I think it bugged out or something, restarted and charged it to 100% again and it's now at 50% after 4 hours screen time/6 hours standby which is ok I guess. Also got rid of Facebook Messenger, 7% battery usage just from "background processes" what the fuck are they thinking.

How often do you guys exercise your battery? Once a month? Once a week?

Huh? You don't need to do that anymore.

Is that a fact?

Yeah as far as I know, the batteries have been optimized for everyday use and don't need to do the discharge cycle anymore.

If anything, charging it to 100% before it even drops 30% helps with the battery life in the longer run as it tends to keep the capacity for longer.

Ovid

Yeah as far as I know, the batteries have been optimized for everyday use and don't need to do the discharge cycle anymore.

If anything, charging it to 100% before it even drops 30% helps with the battery life in the longer run as it tends to keep the capacity for longer.
So was I potentially causing harm to my device?

Top Bottom