• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

hypotc

Anyone have a loose mute switch like me? It works just fine, and is snapping great both ways. It's just that it's a little wobbly, like it's a little bit loose.

Is it just my OCD that's kicking in?

limited linked contacts?
Whenever I synced Facebook or LinkedIn to my address book, it created multiple entries for a person. You can link those entries so that it only shows one name in your address book. Unfortunately, when apps access my address book, the links are not picked up and it lists out every entry separately. So if I have someone that I linked a LinkedIn and Facebook acct in my address book, Whatsapp will show 3 entries for that user. It will show the user's LinkedIn, Facebook and iCloud name in Whatsapp separately. I hope this makes sense.

Ninja Dom

iPhone 6 won't pick up my wifi automatically.

There's three networks on the list and none belong to me.

If I enter the name and password manually it works though.

Any fix for this?

Once you've connected manually to your wifi, go into Wifi Settings and press the "i" on the right of your connected wifi. See if there is an option to Auto Join and make sure this is turned ON.

With my home wifi I don't have this option and I just join automatically. On my work wifi I have this option and I had to manually set this to ON.

Ashhong

Is the Facebook app worth using now? I've been using the Paper app because it works so well but it's not updated yet I don't think.

well it seems my iPhone 6 ( ios 8.1 beta 1) nor my iPad 3 (ios 7.1) are receiving emails from outlook.com (hotmail) since 5 hours ago or so, anyone else is having this issue?

How to do you do the split screen thing? It's happened randomly before when I wasn't trying, but now that I need it, I can't seem to figure it out.

I'm surprised I'm not able to see more posts at once even though Facebook has been updated.

Still though, thank goodness. Now just about everything I use has finally been updated.

Bring me stability with the iOS 8.1 update tomorrow, and we're going to be in a really good place.

Erebus

I'm surprised I'm not able to see more posts at once even though Facebook has been updated.

Still though, thank goodness. Now just about everything I use has finally been updated.

Bring me stability with the iOS 8.1 update tomorrow, and we're going to be in a really good place.
Is 8.1 indeed coming tomorrow?

DarkJC

Has anyone been able to successfully purchase AppleCare AFTER dropping their phone? It's my understanding that you can call in the purchase and they run a remote diagnostic, but that won't detect physical damage would it?

My gf just dropped her phone on the concrete and is stressing about it, and I thought there might be a way to get the AppleCare after the damage has been done, then head over to the nearby Apple Store to get the screen replaced for less than $269. I have a feeling she's going to have to take the loss here :(

Just wanted to say that screen replacements on the 6 are ~$109, and $129 for the 6+ I believe. So it's not going to be the full out of warranty cost, unless theres other parts of the phone that need replacing.

kaskade

Didn't 7.1 come out quite a bit later than 7? I remember that being a pretty big update. I guess if they are including apple pay a .1 upgrade is due.

After using my iPhone 6 since launch, I've come to really love the phone, and learned that I was both right, and wrong, about the larger screen. I really like the bigger display, as it allows me to do more with the phone, and play some great games on it. But, it is tough to use with one hand at times, even though I have larger hands. It also is uncomfortable in a pocket depending on the jeans or shorts that I'm wearing too. There are times when I miss the smaller size of the 4S in terms of portability, but for the most part, I think I'm using my iPhone more now, than ever before.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Didn't 7.1 come out quite a bit later than 7? I remember that being a pretty big update. I guess if they are including apple pay a .1 upgrade is due.

7.1 was in January, so 4 months after 7.0. But Apple has accelerated/changed their dev cycle with 8. They're testing 8.2 and 8.3 already as well.

8.1 is coming Monday.

//ARCANUM

So I'm considering getting the Spigen Air Cushion case for 6 plus. Wanted to get some feedback on it. I've seen some people say it doesn't fit well (that its loose) and others say that its perfect.

This is the case by the way:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH8398Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm considering either the clear case or the gold one (I have a gold iPhone 6 plus).

So here's what I'm looking for - thoughts on the case from folks that have it, and if anyone has the gold one (or any of the colored versions), what your thoughts are. I love the gold look of the iPhone and would love to accentuate that. But I don't know if the gold case would look like too different a gold and just end up being tacky. Does the clear one end up showing off the gold on the sides, bottom and top of the iPhone? or does it just end up looking like "clear case" shade (if that makes sense, it probably doesn't.)?

Thanks for any and all help!

Link

The Autumn Wind
So I'm considering getting the Spigen Air Cushion case for 6 plus. Wanted to get some feedback on it. I've seen some people say it doesn't fit well (that its loose) and others say that its perfect.

I'm considering either the clear case or the gold one (I have a gold iPhone 6 plus).

So here's what I'm looking for - thoughts on the case from folks that have it, and if anyone has the gold one (or any of the colored versions), what your thoughts are. I love the gold look of the iPhone and would love to accentuate that. But I don't know if the gold case would look like too different a gold and just end up being tacky. Does the clear one end up showing off the gold on the sides, bottom and top of the iPhone? or does it just end up looking like "clear case" shade (if that makes sense, it probably doesn't.)?

I have this case for my 6 (not Plus) and it fits great. It doesn't have as much of a grip as I'd prefer, and the buttons are more flush than I'm used to, which makes their lessened feedback take time to get adjusted to. Otherwise, I've got no issues with it. Again, I can't tell you if the fit on the Plus is any different than the standard 6 case.

EDIT - The case is perfectly clear all around. There's no "haze" to it, if that's what you mean.

//ARCANUM

I have this case for my 6 (not Plus) and it fits great. It doesn't have as much of a grip as I'd prefer, and the buttons are more flush than I'm used to, which makes their lessened feedback take time to get adjusted to. Otherwise, I've got no issues with it. Again, I can't tell you if the fit on the Plus is any different than the standard 6 case.

EDIT - The case is perfectly clear all around. There's no "haze" to it, if that's what you mean.

awesome, thank you for the feedback!

X-Frame

Guys the iPhone 6 Plus seems to be available here in NYC for pick-up, which I think it amazing. Not in Grand Central though which would be the most convenient for me, but in the Fifth Avenue store at least it is.

So that means I can just buy it now online and pick it up this afternoon? I've never been to the Fifth Avenue store, is it okay for me to do this pick-up in?

Apath

I have it for the Plus and it is comically loose. If you put any pressure on a corner, it slips right off. Whenever someone holds my phone, I have them give it a try and they are amazed at how easily it slides right off. Some people said it comes off in their pocket, but that has never happened to me. In fact, it's never come off accidentally for me despite it being so loose.

Still an attractive case.

//ARCANUM

Guys the iPhone 6 Plus seems to be available here in NYC for pick-up, which I think it amazing. Not in Grand Central though which would be the most convenient for me, but in the Fifth Avenue store at least it is.

So that means I can just buy it now online and pick it up this afternoon? I've never been to the Fifth Avenue store, is it okay for me to do this pick-up in?

yes thats what it means, though usually when it is available it is GONE seconds later. so place that order ASAP.

//ARCANUM

I have it for the Plus and it is comically loose. If you put any pressure on a corner, it slips right off. Whenever someone holds my phone, I have them give it a try and they are amazed at how easily it slides right off. Some people said it comes off in their pocket, but that has never happened to me. In fact, it's never come off accidentally for me despite it being so loose.

Still an attractive case.

I'm starting to think they have quality control issues, or that they adjusted the design half way into production. I've seen other reports like yours and then other reports of people saying that it is perfect and doesn't come off easily at all... troubling.

X-Frame

yes thats what it means, though usually when it is available it is GONE seconds later. so place that order ASAP.

Okay, I will! My only other issue is can I also exchange my current iPhone 5 to them at the same time and get a gift card for $200 or however much they're willing to give me?

//ARCANUM

Okay, I will! My only other issue is can I also exchange my current iPhone 5 to them at the same time and get a gift card for $200 or however much they're willing to give me?

Well when you reserve online, you're paying online. So I would guess you would have two options here:

1. Rush in right now to try and buy it (when its listed online it means they have at least 5 of that model in stock, if it says unavailable they *could* still have 4, but no way to know without going in). And do your trade of course.

2. Buy it online for in store pickup. Then when you go in, say you want to return it and re-do the transaction with your iPhone trade in. This will essentially reserve it for you ;). Now I'm not 100% sure they will be cool with all that, but it seems logical.

Actually there is a third option:

3. Don't trade your phone in to Apple, sell it on craigslist and get more in cash than apple will give you. I just sold my 16gb Verizon iPhone 5 the other day for $240. (fyi if you have a verizon model, its actually unlocked! all Verizon iPhone 5 are factory unlocked from the beginning!)

I haven't had any safari crashes on my plus since I got it on Sunday. Pages need to reload a lot, but this happens on every iPhone I've had (I think its an OS thing, not a hardware thing).

iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.0.2 had two safari crashes today.

A few yesterday.

And the day before....

Apple needs to step their game up.

//ARCANUM

Instagram is finally updated. About time.

nice! felt like I was using one of those remotes with the HUGE buttons for the elderly lol

edit - now I just wish they would update their damn icon to have a flatter look to actually match iOS 8! the icon doesn't look like any of the icons on my phone :/

asdad123

Picked up a 6 Plus on Craigslist on Monday. Turns out that its slightly bent. I checked it out when I bought it, and I didn't notice it, but when I put it down on my desk today I work, I found that it was wobbling. Checked a little bit closer, and sure enough it seems to bend slightly at the volume buttons.

Its not enough for me to go to apple yet, but I will if it gets any worse. Its been a case since the guy I bought it from had it (Spigen Slim Armor). I love the phone, but I can't believe Apple let it pass QC like this. Is Apple still replacing the bent phones?

Corgi

Banned

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH8398Q/...I42NPGJR&psc=1

if you need a clear case, get ringke's

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NAHHS7I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

better fit, better buttons. Loved their clear cases on iphone 5, like them on my 6+.

knitoe

Picked up a 6 Plus on Craigslist on Monday. Turns out that its slightly bent. I checked it out when I bought it, and I didn't notice it, but when I put it down on my desk today I work, I found that it was wobbling. Checked a little bit closer, and sure enough it seems to bend slightly at the volume buttons.

Its not enough for me to go to apple yet, but I will if it gets any worse. Its been a case since the guy I bought it from had it (Spigen Slim Armor). I love the phone, but I can't believe Apple let it pass QC like this. Is Apple still replacing the bent phones?
It's more likely the seller bent the phone and put it in a case so you won't notice. And, Apple never officially was replacing bent phones. If you can plea your case and the genius guy is being nice, he might offer a replacement.

Top Bottom