• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

asdad123

It's more likely the seller bent the phone and put it in a case so you won't notice. And, Apple never officially was replacing bent phones. If you can plea your case and the genius guy is being nice, he might offer a replacement.

Honestly I don't think he did. He had it in the original box when I purchased it with the case off. Didn't seem like he was hiding anything. I put it on a flat surface (without a case on; screen face down) when I purchased it and didn't notice a wobble, yet now I do.

Ive had it in my front jean pocket and the jeans I wear are pretty loose so I don't know how it could have happened.

JDeluis

Staying up past 1am and checking inventory all week paid off last night. I was able to get a 6 Plus 64gb space gray today. Had to drive 30+ to Manhattin Beach to pick up my order. Don't have patience to wait four weeks for it to arrive.

Love the size, but I'm waiting on my case that should arrive tomorrow.I have big hands and find it much easier to type on. I can still do a lot of things with one hand.

Two Words

Honestly I don't think he did. He had it in the original box when I purchased it with the case off. Didn't seem like he was hiding anything. I put it on a flat surface (without a case on; screen face down) when I purchased it and didn't notice a wobble, yet now I do.

Ive had it in my front jean pocket and the jeans I wear are pretty loose so I don't know how it could have happened.
Was it sealed? If not, he knew it was bent.

Well when you reserve online, you're paying online. So I would guess you would have two options here:

1. Rush in right now to try and buy it (when its listed online it means they have at least 5 of that model in stock, if it says unavailable they *could* still have 4, but no way to know without going in).)

I keep missing my chance to reserve one online, and the Apple Store is about 30 mins away. If I called the store, could I reserve one over the phone so I don't have to drive all that way for nothing?

Also, if there's an opportunity to reserve one online while the store itself is closed, does that mean there's a chance that there could be some in stock if I get to the store real early?

Anybody with the Spigen armor case? How thin is it? Talking for the 6+ here. I want something that I know will protect the fuck out of my 6+ (make sure it won't bend in my pocket under any circumstances too) whilst not being nearly as bulky/ugly as an Otterbox.

knitoe

Anybody with the Spigen armor case? How thin is it? Talking for the 6+ here. I want something that I know will protect the fuck out of my 6+ (make sure it won't bend in my pocket under any circumstances too) whilst not being nearly as bulky/ugly as an Otterbox.
Don't have it, but looks like a soft inside TPU + hard shell (open top and bottom) cover. That setup seems like the phone can still flex and bend.

Personally, I went with the Power Support Air Jacket for 6+. It's a very tight fitting minilistic all around hard case. If the phone bends, I will surely know it because the force require would b extreme.

JDeluis

Bgamer90

Banned
Instagram just got update for the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus.

Didn't change much -- just makes better use of the added space/bigger screen. Solid update.

Edit: I see I'm late (haha).

if you need a clear case, get ringke's

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NAHHS7I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

better fit, better buttons. Loved their clear cases on iphone 5, like them on my 6+.

i just got my space grey 6+ and slapped a smoke black ringke on there. i really like this case. i get a decent amount of grip, raised bumper (i've only ever used a bumper on my past iphones, no issues), slim and minimal feel in hand and in pocket. a great value for the price.

Sullichin

Running into a really annoying problem syncing my music on iPhone 6.

I have it set to sync my ENTIRE music library. It doesn't fucking work. iTunes refuses to put anything on my phone that I haven't bought from iTunes. Other songs show up but are not actually transfered and get skipped. I'm doing this over USB with the wifi transfers disabled cause I'm trying to move like 10 thousand songs. This sucks. I got the 128GB one so I could have a lot of music on it.

JDeluis

Is the lock button on the 6+ more recessed than the volume buttons? Seems a lot more difficult to press. I don't remember how it felt when I tried the store units.

Bullza2o

I just got an update on my preorder saying we're working hard on your order with a shipping estimate of 10/23-30. Is this accurate or is there a chance it will ship out earlier?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Is there a bug I'm unaware of you guys know about? I'm burning through cellular data like no one's business on my 6. It seems to go up even when I'm on wi-fi.

Corgi

Banned
Is there a bug I'm unaware of you guys know about? I'm burning through cellular data like no one's business on my 6. It seems to go up even when I'm on wi-fi.

could be an ios8 thing. My brother's iphone 5 burned through 5 gb of data in 2 days and he was home with wifi on. Dad was furious lol.

rezuth

There is bug with reporting unless you have a lot of background updating going on for apps.

Most iPhones do sometimes use cellular data even on wifi. It is something to do with the OS I read a few articles on it if you google it. To use a lot is unusual but there may be a fudge up with an app not using wifi.

I leave cellular data off when I know I am on wifi for a while now.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Most iPhones do sometimes use cellular data even on wifi. It is something to do with the OS I read a few articles on it if you google it. To use a lot is unusual but there may be a fudge up with an app not using wifi.

I leave cellular data off when I know I am on wifi for a while now.
I never had this problem before with my 4S. Somehow with the 6, I've used twice as much data in half the time.

mitheor

6+ here.

I´ve tried to record some slow motion videos and they look awesome, but when i try to share then into Instagram they play at normal speed.

Am i doing something wrong or is it a known issue? :$

Ashhong

So who is giving the best value for trading in iPhone 5's? Amazon?

Verizon still giving 200 for 5.

Anybody having their phones crash? Mine randomly resets once in a while.

Also anybody using a charging dock? Trying to find a cheap one for work that will fit with my slim case. The HiRise is nice but it's 35$ and doesn't even come with the charger. I see a lot of options for less but not sure if it will fit with cases. Like the Belkin sync dock

Verizon sent me an e-mail yesterday to kind of reconfirm that my order is still on track to be shipped by the 24th (ordered on the 6th), so that's.. good. I think.

Tigress

Just got my 6 and discovered a huge problem. I kinda was right about liking a smaller size (I thought maybe it wasn't so bad after seeing it in person in Apple but that's not being able to use it like I would use it at home/around places). Granted I have small hands but I like reading the internet on my phone in bed or even just using my phone one handed while I eat or brush my teeth or whatnot. This phone cramps my hands to use it for a long time with one hand (even with two when I'm in bed, it's just so wide that I can't get a comfortable grip on it). The big screen is nice but it really doesn't make up for how awkward the size makes it to use. I mean what good is a big screen if my hand hurts so much I have to put it down so I can't read it anyways?!

Thing is I'm excited for the NFC payments stuff I like having the newest chips for future proofing so I don't really want to go back to a 5s (or the fact that means I have to bother trying to sell it and then finding a good 5s to buy). I also like having 128GBs of storage on it as well which I can't get with the 5S. And I don't want to give that up. Though the 5s would at least have the thing I like most about my new phone (I love the thumbprint scanning thing).

This is the first iphone where I've wondered if I'm going to regret leaving my old iphone. And last time I had any cellphone that was like it, in hindsight after I had it for a while I realized that yes, I did like the previous phone more and let my love of new gadgetery blind me to the fact the previous phone was superior (granted this was back with dumbphones and I liked how much more durable the previous phone was and there was no real reason to upgrade other than shiny new tech).

I hope there is enough backlash some day against big phones that they go back to making small ones for people who don't want a huge phone. I mean I know I'm in the minority right now but I also know that I'm not the only one who is upset at the size increase cause I've seen a few other posts around the net echoing that they dislike this bigger is better trend. Right now I gotta figure out which compromise is best for me (cause at this point all of the phones are a compromise of something).

Snaku

Banned
My 64gb space gray 6 Plus finally shipped from T-Mobile last night. Ordered on 9/29, was expected to ship on 11/11. Wooo!

KingKong

Picked up the official Apple leather case and holy shit it's so nice. I don't know how much protection it will give to be honest, but it definitely feels better and will at least keep scratches and marks off

calder

Does anyone get song information via Bluetooth?

I don't get this with my Mazda but it worked with my old Nexus4.

It's kinda finicky in general I find. I have a 5S and a Subaru, the Bluetooth connection will only show the full track details and music folders if it connects to my phone automatically (ie when the vehicle is turned on, and the radio is set to BT instead of something else). If my wife and I both have our phones and start changing which device is connected then it only occasionally shows song details. Same with podcasts or streams like Spotify. Oh and if my phone had been paused on YouTube then it doesn't work properly. I wouldn't be surprised if android inherently does it better, which would be a little odd as so many car radios refer to BT and usb settings with words like ipod and iPhone.

Alternatively I just got a USB cable and left it in the center console; when I plug my phone in and use the USB player it always shows full metadata and album covers.

Talon

Pretty impressed with the battery life on the 6. Heavy usage today including a 2 hour call and air playing video and I'm at 45%.

Sallokin

6+ here.

I´ve tried to record some slow motion videos and they look awesome, but when i try to share then into Instagram they play at normal speed.

Also curious if I'm missing something super obvious here. I've seen slow mo and time lapse videos in my instagram feed uploaded from 6+ but just can't seem to figure it out.

Vyer

6+ here.

Also curious if I'm missing something super obvious here. I've seen slow mo and time lapse videos in my instagram feed uploaded from 6+ but just can't seem to figure it out.

Whatever software is applied to the 240fps video doesn't seem to carry over in an Instagram export. I believe it will carry over on anything listed in the 'share sheet'.

Alternately, iirc iMovie will apply the slo mo when you export a completed project.

Some more info/options:
http://www.macworld.com/article/204...slo-mo-videos-to-instagram-and-elsewhere.html

mitheor

Whatever software is applied to the 240fps video doesn't seem to carry over in an Instagram export. I believe it will carry over on anything listed in the 'share sheet'.

Alternately, iirc iMovie will apply the slo mo when you export a completed project.

Some more info/options:
http://www.macworld.com/article/204...slo-mo-videos-to-instagram-and-elsewhere.html

It´s weird because with IOS 8.0 i´ve uploaded 2 slowmo videos to Instagram and they preserved the effect but since i´ve updated to 8.0.2 it´s not working :|

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
It´s weird because with IOS 8.0 i´ve uploaded 2 slowmo videos to Instagram and they preserved the effect but since i´ve updated to 8.0.2 it´s not working :|
I've had the odd case of slowmo videos not showing as slow motion to myself but to others viewing them they were indeed in slow motion.

Just got my 6+ from a Three store today, got it powered on, immediately noticed 2 dead pixels near the top, 1 in the middle, and either a strange curve of them in the bottom right, or someone's left a piece of hair in there.

Am I safe in thinking I can take it to an Apple Store and get it swapped over ?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Just got my 6+ from a Three store today, got it powered on, immediately noticed 2 dead pixels near the top, 1 in the middle, and either a strange curve of them in the bottom right, or someone's left a piece of hair in there.

I've had Three themselves issue a replacement phone in the store back when my iPhone 5 had dead pixels. Subject to their replacement stock of course.

yes, of course.

JDeluis

Here is the current case I'm using on my 6+ for those who want more options.

Spigen Neo Hybrid Series - Gunmetal
http://amzn.com/B00LLGLR18
CD734289-E739-4EF7-9B9C-72CD1BBD3083_zpse1mvhmmp.jpg

1D1647F9-5274-4A26-B918-7B5F4CA0C0C4_zpsbyrjoapy.jpg

The case is great if you want something slim that will offer more grip. Doesn't feel like it will protect from #bendgate if that worries you. It feels more like a bumper case with a soft backing. Should protect from some small drops. The buttons are responsive, seems earlier versions had problems with the buttons. I received the case on Friday, so you should be okay ordering from Amazon.

The only reason I might start using another case is because I have a two year old son who loves using my phone and sometime drops my phone accidentally or throws it when he has a tantrum. I doubt this case might protect against a toddler who likes throwing baseballs like Kershaw. Love the case, but this is the only reason I might look for something more heavy duty like Pelican Progear Protector. https://www.att.com/cases/pelican-protector-iphone-case-for-iphone-6-plus.html#fbid=UUKmHaDJPYc

Top Bottom