• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Just dropped mine, screen shattered like nobody's business.

The thing is so got-damn slippery. I truly do miss the gripability of my old 4s. And I dropped my 4s quite a few times and the worst it ever suffered was a tiny hairline fracture in the corner. My iPhone 6 looks like I beat the shit out of it with a bat.

Now I need to figure out how much replacing this screen is gonna run me...

Scarphace

Just dropped mine, screen shattered like nobody's business.

The thing is so got-damn slippery. I truly do miss the gripability of my old 4s. And I dropped my 4s quite a few times and the worst it ever suffered was a tiny hairline fracture in the corner. My iPhone 6 looks like I beat the shit out of it with a bat.

Now I need to figure out how much replacing this screen is gonna run me...

$109 at the apple store

Kevitivity

Sorry I don't know where to ask this, but I just got an iPad Mini with Retina. It's pretty good so far, but I'm trying to avoid having to use iTunes in any way shape or form. Is there an app that I can download that works like Airdroid on Android? Basically where my iPad can connect to my PC and I can drag and drop or just transfer files through wi-fi? This is very important :(

what type of files?.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I just recently downloaded Sleep Time for sleep management. However, I notice in the morning that my phone can get a little bit on the hot side. I wonder if that is normal and whether it is harmful for the phone. It's just a little bit scary and I don't know if I want to risk damage to such an expensive phone by overheating.

On all these videos I see of people demoing Apple Pay on their PassBook app it shows their iTunes credit, but mine does not. Mine only shows the CC that I have setup with Apple Pay, how do I get it to show my iTunes credit also?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
On all these videos I see of people demoing Apple Pay on their PassBook app it shows their iTunes credit, but mine does not. Mine only shows the CC that I have setup with Apple Pay, how do I get it to show my iTunes credit also?

1. Launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the Featured tab and tap on Redeem.
  3. Tap on Get Started next to the iTunes Pass section at the bottom.
  4. Tap on Add iTunes Pass to Passbook.
  5. Tap Add at the top to confirm.

Deku Tree

Wtf... None of my main credit cards work with Apple Pay at the moment. I had to set up a MasterCard that I never use in order to enable apple pay. My main visa and amex cards (from the same sub company issuer) just don't register...

Curufinwe

Now how I do I make my progress on a Podcast played on iTunes sync to the iPhone 6?

It also seems like it's downloading two versions of each new podcast. One on the phone, and one on iTunes.

Deku Tree

Cross-posting from the iOS 8 thread:

I'm back from the department store. I've finally tried out the iPhone 6 (which I was very interested in) and I think I'm gonna pass.

The iPhone 6 is larger than the previous iPhones (I always refused to buy one due to the small size, prior to the 6's reveal) and it's a good thing, but even though the phone was just as big as my Samsung Galaxy S4, the screen was smaller. That's too small for me. There were a couple iPhone 5Cs next to it and they were even smaller. I can't believe Apple consumers put up with such tiny screen sizes. I can't even imagine what using the iPhone 4 was like. So yeah, iPhone 6 was out of the question.

Luckily, there was also an iPhone 6 Plus on display so I tried it out, too. The screen had just the right size (I can't believe I've got accustomed to such big screens, which would have made me laugh two years ago) but the frame started to be kind of huge - no big deal, though. So I started to consider buying a 6 Plus in the future, until I saw the price: €809 for the 16 Gb version. Seriously? 16 Gb is nothing with HD content and OS updates.

As a result, I became interested in the 64 Gb version but it costs €919. Sorry but NOPE. As much as I love Apple and its commitment to excellence, this is crazy. I truly believe they make superior hardware (and their software isn't too bad, now with iOS 8.1) but it can't be €450 better than, say, a OnePlus One. I think I'm gonna stick to Android for much longer than expected - and Android finally seems to be decent/mature enough with Lollipop, so that's even less reasons to switch.

Too bad, because I already had a MacBook Air and an iPad Air so it would have made sense to invest in a 100% Apple ecosystem. For my iPad I had a little bit of extra cash and it wasn't that much more expensive than top-tier Android tablets anyway, but the iPhone prices are off-limits, in my opinion. If I had to replace my phone today, I would choose between a OnePlus One (great price), the new Moto X (great overall reviews) or the Nexus 5 (dat long-term support).

To me all of the integration features between my macs, iPads, and iPhones plus how much I love apple OS design makes the apple tax worth it. Also it doesn't really stretch my budget so...

Nori Chan

So, I'm finally going to be getting my new iPhone 6 tomorrow (YAY!) and I wanted to start off fresh with this phone. Meaning no restoring from backup, that way I know which apps are draining my battery. However, I do want to keep my contacts, notes, and photos. Are these all stored in iCloud?

Also has anybody done what I'm doing and can walk me through this so I don't mess up lol

Does anyone know if you can trade in a Verizon iPhone 5 into the Sprint store for credit? Thinking about switching carriers.
Tell me how ur iPhone Sprint contract goes

I was @ the Sprint store yesterday and they gave me a BS of you can only get the phone via lease or pay full price

Vyer

So, I'm finally going to be getting my new iPhone 6 tomorrow (YAY!) and I wanted to start off fresh with this phone. Meaning no restoring from backup, that way I know which apps are draining my battery. However, I do want to keep my contacts, notes, and photos. Are these all stored in iCloud?

Also has anybody done what I'm doing and can walk me through this so I don't mess up lol

Which phone are you moving from?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Turn off what you don't want to keep in this menu and you're good to go.

You can micromanage app backups under the Backup sub-menu. This part also includes your Camera Roll.

yDe9nCI.png

LaneDS

Upgraded from 5 to 6 last night, semi-begrudingly. Saw them in person a few weeks ago and came away unimpressed, but my 5 had started to fail in ways I wasn't comfortable trying to ride out for an additional year or two. Hoping when it arrives (ordered from Apple, so it'll be a couple weeks) that I'll feel differently. I was in a similar position going from the 4 to the 5 but in the end I really liked that phone.

If nothing else, I am excited to have a much better camera.

MicH

I just held my mother's 4S this weekend (which I upgraded from, but haven't held since) and woah - the upgrade in screen size is just incredible when you hold that 3.5" phone! I felt like the screen was way too small to use. That was quite interesting to see

Touchdown

Banned
Hi all, I've never owned an Iphone before but am currently deciding between an Iphone 6 plus and a Galaxy Note 4. My contract is up in a week and I can't decide between the two. XD I'm currently using a Galaxy S3 so I'm more familiar with the android setup. Not sure If I should make the leap to Apple or not. Any advice? :p

LaneDS

Hi all, I've never owned an Iphone before but am currently deciding between an Iphone 6 plus and a Galaxy Note 4. My contract is up in a week and I can't decide between the two. XD I'm currently using a Galaxy S3 so I'm more familiar with the android setup. Not sure If I should make the leap to Apple or not. Any advice? :p

Even as an iPhone owner, I'd say for someone already in the Android ecosystem you'd be better server with the Note 4. Do you think you'd use the stylus? That seems to be a pretty big differentiator between the two devices.

However, if you've always wanted to have an iPhone for whatever reason (I have a Galaxy S4 for work and just prefer iPhone), then sure, go for it and see what you think.

LaneDS

Now that the launch is settling down, how hard is it to get a 6+ in-store these days?

Just found out the dock in my 5S is faulty so i'm looking to trade it in ASAP

Seems like it depends on where you are. Metro areas mean getting a iPhone 6 or especially a 6+ is next to impossible in-stores, whereas the more rural areas seem to occasionally be able to keep them in stock. That's my anecdotal contribution as someone in D.C. that's been checking local stock nearby for the last week or two and ended up just ordering online.

Seems like it depends on where you are. Metro areas mean getting a iPhone 6 or especially a 6+ is next to impossible in-stores, whereas the more rural areas seem to occasionally be able to keep them in stock. That's my anecdotal contribution as someone in D.C. that's been checking local stock nearby for the last week or two and ended up just ordering online.

Arghhh damn im even more pissed now. Had a 6+ ready to buy for pickup...right when I get to the checkout button its gone. fuck.

Guess ill try again tomorrow.

Don't think I can wait for the 3-4 week time its saying because I really want to capitalize on the trade-in deals right now

So I ordered one on 10/12, and AT&T is telling me it'll ship probably between 11/10 and 12/10. Will it likely ship before then or is that pretty accurate? D:

Heres a odd question... Is there a way to NOT have music videos included in the Music app? Like I have music videos for 4 or 5 songs on a certain album and it shows the normal AAC files then it list the track again and it plays quieter. The 2nd track is the Music video though it doesn't show the video. Just plays the song. I don't understand why anyone would want music video audio mixed in the same list....

Awww yiiss Managed to buy a 64GB 6+ for in-store pickup. Really wanted Space Grey, but had to settle for the Gold. Can't wait to finally play Wayward Souls and Oceanhorn with a viable screen.

Hyyyped. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow morning.

Just got my 6+
This thing is a beautiful beast! Will post impressions later on.

BTW pretty crazy there was still a line, about 50 strong, going down the block. Are people that clueless...theres no way they would even have that many in stock.

gimmmick

How long does it take for supplies to become available? It seems like I have been on back order for over a week with t mobile...

Top Bottom