• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Korten

Banned
I don't have an iPhone 6 (I have a 4S... but I thought I would ask here instead of making a new thread.)

So I don't know why this started, but since last night, 80% of the songs that I added to my phone (game soundtracks I bought...) no longer
played. In fact depending on which song I played, the phone would go down the list and just delete every single song... This is made worse
by the fact that I can't just readd the songs to my iPhone because it's synched to my old laptop, and thus I would need to delete everything
to resync it... (Will have to see if I can fix this with a backup...)

I updated to iOS 8 but that didn't work.

Anyone know how to fix this? Really annoying- I've lost songs. :(

Makes me want to convert to Android to get rid of all this shit...

JayDub

iPhone 6S is going to be a beast with what we know about the iPad Air 2.

55-60% faster than iPhone 6 w/ Tri-Core CPU
2GB RAM
Possibly thicker phone for better heat dissipation, better structural integrity and flush w/ camera.
Better camera

Dayuuum

I love my 6 Plus though. It'll last me 2 years :)

When I picked up my iPhone the guy at the counter told me to only use Apple cables and chargers or I will ruin my battery, even told me not to charge it in the car unless I absolutely have to.

lol

Can't believe people actually still believe that in 2014.

2GB RAM
Possibly thicker phone for better heat dissipation, better structural integrity and flush w/ camera.
Better camera

Dayuuum

It sure is looking good. I wonder if the regular 6s will get a 1080p screen or we have to wait for the 7, for that to happen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I HAVE IT!!! SOO HAPPY

knlNOJy.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys!

Tunesmith :lol Two apartments and one hobo-house!

Lovin my 6+

watched the entire 35min SmashBros direct and my battery only went down 1%

Unfortunately people also go too far the other way, thinking any cheap charger will do, in which case can cause problems.
yeah my 5S dock broke and I think my car charger might have been the blame. It did this weird thing where it would only be able to charge exclusively through my laptop. Even the AppleRep was stumped.

Erebus

2GB RAM
Better camera

Dayuuum

Just the 2GB of RAM almost make me wanna wait until the 6s. On the other hand, I'll never upgrade thinking this way.

Yoshichan

Even though I struggled with back ups, iTunes and iCloud, I finally did it and I'm loving the 6+!

Selling my iPhone 5 32GB Factory Unlocked, pristine condition and accessories are never used.

A guy is offering me $300 for it, is that decent or can I get more out of it?

Thanks.

Talon

For any of you guys on AT&T, that double data promotion on the Mobile Share plan applies to smaller plans as well, e.g. the 1 and 2 GB ones.

I just had them convert me from my old 3 GB plan -> the 2 GB Mobile Share plan, which then had the data cap doubled to 4 GBs. All for the exact same price point - my older discounts carried over just fine.

I went through Chat and then asked them to have Retentions call me.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Picked up a 6 today. This screen is plenty big for me. I still have to adjust. But so far. It's an iPhone. Lol I had a 5 so I was due for an upgrade.

Zuly

Does Text Message Forwarding only work with newer model Macs? I managed to pair my iPhone with my MBP with the code but the text messages I receive are not getting forwarded to my laptop.

Ninja Dom

I got an appointment at the Apple Store next week to get my iPhone 6 changed over. Annoyingly it's the same EXACT problem my 5S developed. I had to get that changed over a month before I got my 6.

Thing is, cos it's the exact same issue I'm wondering if it's something I've done.

What happens is that you flick the switch to put the iPhone into silent, but just touching the phone around that area causes it to come out of silent. And then go back into silent and so on. When the switch is flicked into the Loud position, it's fine. Touching that area doesn't do anything. But flicking the switch into silent does.

As I said, my 5S did the exact same thing and I got it changed over because of that and now my 6 is doing it. Has anybody also had this issue?

mrkgoo

I got an appointment at the Apple Store next week to get my iPhone 6 changed over. Annoyingly it's the same EXACT problem my 5S developed. I had to get that changed over a month before I got my 6.

Thing is, cos it's the exact same issue I'm wondering if it's something I've done.

What happens is that you flick the switch to put the iPhone into silent, by just touching the phone around that area causes it to come out of silent. And then go back into silent and so on. When the switch is flicked into the Loud position, it's fine. Touching that area doesn't do anything. But flicking the switch into silent does.

As I said, my 5S did the exact same thing and I got it changed over because of that and now my 6 is doing it. Has anybody also had this issue?

I've read that paragraph over and over and can't make sense of it, lol.

I TIHNK you might mean "but" when you said "by". As in, when the phone is in silent mode, touching that area causes it to go in and out of silent mode, but this doesn't happen when the switch is set to ring.

Yoshichan

Question time! When I record something, they show up in two albums: camera roll and videos. Can anyone tell me if they take 2x the storage?

mrkgoo

Question time! When I record something, they show up in two albums: camera roll and videos. Can anyone tell me if they take 2x the storage?

No, they shouldn't. I have no hard evidence, other than that the way albums are used in all other Apple devices are they're more "playlists" rather than folders.

Delete it from camera roll and it no longer exists in the Video album.

I assume it's NOT copying it everywhere, but just referencing it, much like if you created an album.

I just assume it's referencing.

Yoshichan

Thanks a bunch!

Matt Frost

Anyone here can give me tips on when can I charge my battery so its healthy for it please? iPhone 6 regular. For example, if its better to charge it when it reaches 20% or let the battery drain completely and things like this.

asdad123

I can say, the 6 Plus camera is freaking awesome. I was at Disney World / Universal the past 4 days and it took pictures so fast and they weren't even blurry when I was walking and taking pictures. I'll post some later when I get a chance to uplead them.

rezuth

Anyone here can give me tips on when can I charge my battery so its healthy for it please? iPhone 6 regular. For example, if its better to charge it when it reaches 20% or let the battery drain completely and things like this.

Topping it off is ideal, do not fully drain unless necessary and charge when it's warning about low battery.

Erebus

Basically charge it whenever it's possible. Partial discharges are better and help prolong your battery lifespan.

You can find a whole lot of info about batteries here: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

What happens is that you flick the switch to put the iPhone into silent, but just touching the phone around that area causes it to come out of silent. And then go back into silent and so on. When the switch is flicked into the Loud position, it's fine. Touching that area doesn't do anything. But flicking the switch into silent does.

Sounds like a classic case of a ghost in your shell. really though I've never heard of an issue like that and even more bizarre that this happened with two phones in a row.

you should take it back to the store if it's that bad. or use a case that covers the silent button well? My current case for my 6+ actually makes it really hard to even reach my silent button without a nail on my fingers

Tigress

Mine is actually an iPhone 5 though, not the 5S. But yeah it is 32GB and unlocked and someone wanted to pick it up for $350.

And I just had some one try to lowball me at 150 for my 64 GB 5 when I was asking 250 and had mentioned I could at least get 200 from AT&T for it. I would have jumped at some one offering me 350 for it.

Does anyone know why I have so many of these in my photo folders when connecting to my PC?

I can't seem to delete them either.

Ok, so I now have 689 of these and still no idea what they are and can't seem to delete them.

The only thing I can think of is to format the phone and start again but I really dont want to.

Top Bottom